Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alarm Systems

Hi guys...

First post here, so hello! I've just moved into a house in Clydebank with no alarm system. 'She Who Must Be Obeyed' has decreed we get an alarm system. I'd like to get something which will work with my HS setup and was wondering what I should be looking at - is there somewhere in Glasgow/West I can buy from, or are there better deals online?

Cheers,
    Stewart

Hi Stewart

Welcome to the forum. It's always nice to see another Scottish HS user. That take our total up to a world dominating.....5

You need to talk to our very own David Black who' a bit of a Texecom guru. He's not on the board much these days due to other projects, so I'll drop him a line and let him know his brains need picked.

Cheers

Andy

Comment

Im not going to say anymore <snigger>

Comment

Originally posted by TrOjAn View Post

Hey! don't mess!

have you not seen Braveheart?!?!?
        ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

Originally posted by Bestgear View Post
          Hey! don't mess!

have you not seen Braveheart?!?!?
          Now that's funny
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hey , I don't think 5 is that bad.

That's one active HS user per million of the population. More than a lot of other places.

Comment

Thanks Andy, I appreciate that.. thanks for the welcome too!

Now all I need to do is figure out what exactly I want to do to make Homeseer work for me, rather than doing things 'just because I can' (or is that all part of the fun?)

Comment

Its all part of the fun for us UK`ers.... the "others" over there take it much more seriously

Welcome to the board.... Im sure youll regret it hahahaha

TrOjAn

Comment

Originally posted by stoop_uk View Post
                  Thanks Andy, I appreciate that.. thanks for the welcome too!

Now all I need to do is figure out what exactly I want to do to make Homeseer work for me, rather than doing things 'just because I can' (or is that all part of the fun?)
                  Give it time Stewart, you'll be automating things that don't really need automating.

Andy

Comment

I kinda thought that might be the case... :-)

I've been writing a wee bit about what I'm doing on my blog, so if you're interested, the relevant posts are here.

There's not much on the HA front at the moment, but I suspect there will be in the very near future... Any ideas on things I could do would be welcome too!

Comment

Haha - I thought that may be the way it worked out...

I guess I'd better read up and see what 'cool' things I can do with HS... :-)

Comment

Its all part of the fun for us UK`ers.... the "others" over there take it much more seriously

Welcome to the board.... Im sure youll regret it hahahaha

TrOjAn

HAH bout fell off my chair!!!!!!!!

"WE" Easterners dont take everything seriously!!!!!!!!!! but i do live outside of philly....

anyway... welcome....there are all kinds of alarms... but im not familiar with your area and what is accessible or obtainable... heck i hear yall got weird 240v single leg power feeds or something like that!!!!!

best thing to do is map out what you want ....errrr what she is requesting.... and then draw it out.... then come here and explain what you wish to do and see if anyone has any recommendations...

since you are starting out from scratch that could be easier im guessing or more options available to you...

i already had a safewatch system that was installed by ADT for the previous owner... everyting was wireless (except for power and speaker... duhhhh)...

so when i swapped it out.... i went with the concord 4 for simplicity as it would work with ALL of my devices except my keypads.... which is a bummer cuz my old ones were wireless and my new one is wired....

at least the demander doesnt mind you doing this.... my waf factor has taken years and kinda getting there.....
                        HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Working...
                        X