This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deploying Apple HSTouch projects

Hi. Finally getting a chance to play with HSTouch with the iPhone and soon the iPad. is there a how to somewhere for deploying proj to the locked down apple devices? I'm able to update mine right now only because I have my stuff Jailbroken and that allows me to access the directories directly. I'm guessing this is not a needed step and I'm hoping that I can put the deployed files somewhere on the HSPro server that the Apple devices connect to. I'm hoping that the devices would see that there's a new xml and whatever other graphics files are missing and self update.

Sorry for my ignorance, but I'm still green on HSTouch

Thanks in advance!!

You don't need jailbreaks. Just connect your iOS device to the server via the app, and on designer it will show up under deploy. Usually, that is.

-BD

Comment

Originally posted by BrunDog View Post
      You don't need jailbreaks. Just connect your iOS device to the server via the app, and on designer it will show up under deploy. Usually, that is.

-BD
      I forgot to mention that my dev mashing is not my HSPro machine. Does this complicate things? Would I need to install the HSTouch program on the HSPro server and transfer over the XML/graphics that have been changed/added to deploy from there? Perhaps it's smart enough to do this since the dev machine is online (linked in the project and online) and does a pass through?

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorG View Post
        I forgot to mention that my dev mashing is not my HSPro machine. Does this complicate things? Would I need to install the HSTouch program on the HSPro server and transfer over the XML/graphics that have been changed/added to deploy from there? Perhaps it's smart enough to do this since the dev machine is online (linked in the project and online) and does a pass through?
        You can create your projects on the non-HS PC without issue, you install the designer and the clients will install along with it. If you have already started developing on your other PC then yes you will need to copy the graphics over to your new PC to use them. If you are starting from scratch there is no need for you to transfer any images/projects between PC's/devices.

The deployment function in the HSTouch designer takes care of moving and copying images and projects for you, it is a relatively painless process.

Comment

I started fresh on a dev pc. The HSPro 100 I bought is good for running HS, but not great for other things (like HSTouch and building graphics)

HSTouch is not installed on the HSPro 100 machine, but transferring the project to the apple devices work fine as it must pass through or share linking. Quite painless like you said. I've built a lot of HMIs in my time from SCADA systems to plant touch screens with a variety different programs (thick and thin clients). E en though I'd give the HSTouch dev program a 7/10, the deployment part is a 10/10. Thick client but has removed the pains associated with management of Thick type clients. Very happy with that part as the locked down Apple devices were concerning me.

Now only if the app could cache the device listings unless there's a flag change to re-read the lists/tables. The app would launch much faster. I know the HAI app caches and only does a re-read when the user tells it to. Lightning fast start up in comparison (otherwise HAI and their app suck, lol). Maybe I can just dream that a future release will do this

Thanks for the help!!!

Comment

Working...
          X