This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
    Do you recall if you ran "Reload Data" from the Status page? This seems to be an common issue, so I'll look at adding an option to automatically run it when the ElkRP software disconnects from the panel.

Yes, you change it to a dimming device by viewing the device under View > Device Management, then click the UltraM1G3 tab, then select the Device Type: Elk M1 Lighting (Direct Dim).

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    I had tried the reload data earlier - it did not refresh the names. I tried closing/reopening HS and that didn't do it either - that's when I searched and found the thing about deleting the version and that did the trick.

And - yeah, don't "clean up" and change the Device Type string under advanced - that makes the UltraM1G tab disappear - That's what I get for jumping in without really having a clue what I'm doing in here... Put that back, changed the device name, and now I have dimmer control. Would be nice to be able to do this en-masse - having to do it 60 times will take a while, but it's doable; might also be nice if it didn't create two separate device types I need to filter by now - but that's workable too.

Comment

Great Plugin!
      Just a couple of things:
      Have you implemented Sean's request for an option not to reset the status strings on startup (i.e. Down = Normal; Up = Violated)? I didn't see an option for it.

Also the thermostat Mode is missing Auto. It shows Em. Heat and you can't set to Auto from the drop down box.

Thanks.

Edit - I would also like the devices to remember the status graphics.
      Last edited by Kirby; February 26, 2014, 04:58 PM.

Comment

NullReferenceException

I'm trying to upgrade from HS2 to HS3 and am trying to get this plug-in working. When I enable it, the following shows up in the log:

System.NullReferenceException: Object variable or With block variable not set. at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container..ct or(Object Instance) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.Object LateInvokeDefault(Object Instance, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Boolean ReportErrors, Boolean[] CopyBack) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateIn dexGet(Object Instance, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames) at HSPI_ULTRAM1G3.hspi_plugin.SaveM1DataToINI()

Comment

Originally posted by Eug View Post
          I'm trying to upgrade from HS2 to HS3 and am trying to get this plug-in working. When I enable it, the following shows up in the log:

System.NullReferenceException: Object variable or With block variable not set. at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container..ct or(Object Instance) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.Object LateInvokeDefault(Object Instance, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Boolean ReportErrors, Boolean[] CopyBack) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateIn dexGet(Object Instance, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames) at HSPI_ULTRAM1G3.hspi_plugin.SaveM1DataToINI()
          I just uploaded UltraM1G3 HSPI version 3.0.5170.32152 that fixes that issue. It only occurs if the plug-in is unable to establish a connection to your Elk M1.

I would be happy to help troubleshoot. Are you able to establish a connection to your Elk M1 using the ElkRP software? If yes, is the ElkRP disconnected when trying to connect using the UltraM1G3 plug-in?

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I'll try the new version and report back. ElkRP does successfully connect, and it's not running when I'm trying HS3. HS2 also successfully connects (and is not running when I try HS3).

Comment

Well, I guess that's some progress. Now I get the following exception in the log:

System.IO.IOException: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---{0x3E} System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags) at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at HSPI_ULTRAM1G3.hspi_plugin.SendElkMessageEthernet(String Message)

Comment

Well, I guess that's some progress. Now I get the following exception in the log:

System.IO.IOException: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---{0x3E} System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags) at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at HSPI_ULTRAM1G3.hspi_plugin.SendElkMessageEthernet(String Message)
                Can you confirm the IP address and the Port is setup in the options? The port number should be 2101.

Regards,
                Ultrajones
                Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I just uploaded UltraM1G3 HSPI version 3.0.5170.32152 that fixes that issue. It only occurs if the plug-in is unable to establish a connection to your Elk M1.
                  Does this also address the thermostat issue and the device property reset issue reported above?

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby View Post
                    Does this also address the thermostat issue and the device property reset issue reported above?
                    UltraM1G3 HSPI version 3.0.5170.40552 fixes the thermostat mode issue.

I still have to put some thought into the device graphics editing feature request.

Regards,
                    Ultrajones

Comment

That's good news about the thermostat.

As far as the graphics and status text issue is concerned, I can set the device the way I want with HS3 device configuration screens but when I restart HS3 they are reset. So I need a don't reset the device properties option or make it the default.

Thanks.

Comment

Can you confirm the IP address and the Port is setup in the options? The port number should be 2101.

Regards,
                        Ultrajones
                        That did turn out to be wrong (I had it set to 2601). So, I changed that and tried to connect again and got the same error. Then I restarted HS3 just in case, and got this:

Initializing plug-in(2): UltraM1G3 Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an object.0STACK: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()

Comment

That did turn out to be wrong (I had it set to 2601). So, I changed that and tried to connect again and got the same error. Then I restarted HS3 just in case, and got this:

Initializing plug-in(2): UltraM1G3 Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an object.0STACK: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()
                          I have no idea what that error means. During development, I must have initialized UltraM1G3 HSPI over a hundred times and have never seen anything like that. Can you try restarting your computer please to see if it clears up?

Regards,
                          Ultrajones

Comment

I have no idea what that error means. During development, I must have initialized UltraM1G3 HSPI over a hundred times and have never seen anything like that. Can you try restarting your computer please to see if it clears up?
                            A reboot seems to have solved the problem. Thanks!

Comment

Same Problem in English

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                              Hi Ultra,

I'm trying to setup your plugin and I'm getting this message:
                              After migrating to HS3 my Elk plugin worked perfectly. Then one day, everything went bad with Z-wave plugin and Elk. After restoration and a lot of playing around I got the Z-wave back, but I still get the attached message when I call up the Elk plugin.

Here's the strange part, however. The plugin WORKS! I just cannot manage it or get to any of the setup options.

Hope you can help.

P.S. I saw that note about deleting a line from the web config file, but I really don't know which file that is.

Anthony
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyCalia View Post
                                After migrating to HS3 my Elk plugin worked perfectly. Then one day, everything went bad with Z-wave plugin and Elk. After restoration and a lot of playing around I got the Z-wave back, but I still get the attached message when I call up the Elk plugin.

Here's the strange part, however. The plugin WORKS! I just cannot manage it or get to any of the setup options.

Hope you can help.

P.S. I saw that note about deleting a line from the web config file, but I really don't know which file that is.

Anthony
                                Hello Anthony. Please open a help desk ticket with HomeSeer and ask them to provide you the instructions on how to repair your Microsoft .Net Framework.

Regards,
                                Ultrajones

Comment

Working...
                                X