No announcement yet.

Luna Smart Mattress Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have to say I've had my Eight for two weeks now. This is our 3rd brand of mattress heating pads (obviously first smart one). Hands down this is the best one we have tried. It heats so evenly and doesn't overshoot on the temp. The bed simply never gets too hot or cold. As for comfort, you don't even know that it's there. Smarts aside, they did an awesome job on the quality/comfort of this product.

So far I haven't seen any reason to integrate it with Homeseer. It warms up and shuts off on the schedule that you set in their app. It also gives you all the information it collects in a nice format, also within the app. I still use the same events in Homeseer that I always have regarding when the lights should come on or not based on motion and time of day/night. Only time this would change is if someone was sick and wanted to sleep and not worry about the lights...then they just hit the lights override.

Would an API be nice, sure. Especially to those that paid extra for it. Anytime we can get more control/data is a good thing. But, is it a solid product without it, absolutely!

Very happy with my purchase.
    Bryan
    Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
    Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Personally I have no use for the heating aspect of the device. I would absolutely never use it. My house is tight so it's never cold inside. What I want is better data on my sleeping. And I want this data available to HS. I want HS to know when I'm in bed. I want HS to know when I'm not the only one in bed. I want it to know when I'm in bed awake or in bed sleeping. Seems like this product could do that all for me...... but it looks like it isn't going to because they aren't opening it up to developers. If it did I'd buy a plugin for it at any price and cover every mattress in the house (current count is 6) in them. And the LAST thing I need is another phone app. There's an app for everything. My lady has a mechanized toothbrush that has Bluetooth connectivity and an app! Not that she uses it, but still... WTF?
      Originally posted by rprade
      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

My replacement mattress pad has arrived. Hopefully this one heats better and all sensors work.

Comment

My replacement mattress pad has been a joke. Can't get any sleep data now.

There may still be hope for us though! Got the below from support. Still no date

"We will be releasing our REST API to eager developers wanting to get their hands dirty. It's part of our roadmap, although we haven't set a timeline for it yet. "

Comment

I've actually been quite pleased with most aspects of mine. The heating capability is very refined - I normally eschew this as well, as I tend to sleep hot, but on the one cold night we've had here in Dallas, I actually turned it on to 3 and it was comfortable and didn't sweat me out like other electric mattress pads/blankets we've owned do.

The sleep data has been pretty inaccurate, TBH, but that's largely because of our (bad) habits - we spend an hour or two in bed before even trying to go to sleep reading, watching TV, etc. And so it doesn't always get the "asleep" time quite right, plus we have a foster child with medical needs and who is having a hard time adjusting, so I get in and out of bed a bit more and go to sleep much later than my wife, and it never seems to get my times right. I believe it would for "normal" use from the one or two days when that's happened.

My only physical complaint is how slick the top of the pad is - it makes our sheets a bit more slippery and messy than a more textured pad would.

And as an "eager developer" who paid extra for access to the API, I'm anxious (but also disgusted with how long that (relatively) simple part is taking...) to get my hands on that for HomeSeer plugin development.

Comment

Great to hear that the API is coming. My wallet is ready Shill...

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
                I've actually been quite pleased with most aspects of mine.
                We received ours last night, and I couldn't wait. And I agree! It was warm and comfortable, but not too hot. I also like having a better scale than other heating blankets.

The sleep data has been pretty inaccurate, TBH, but that's largely because of our (bad) habits - we spend an hour or two in bed before even trying to go to sleep reading, watching TV, etc.
                "Watching TV". Right.

(I'm SO sorry, I just couldn't resist!)

plus we have a foster child with medical needs and who is having a hard time adjusting, so I get in and out of bed a bit more and go to sleep much later than my wife, and it never seems to get my times right.
                This was actually one of the reasons we both got Fitbits, to measure sleep quality, and figure which of us to feel most sorry for. I was hoping Eight could do a just as good job or even a better job, but so far it doesn't seem like it.

And I have a LOT of respect for foster parents!

My only physical complaint is how slick the top of the pad is - it makes our sheets a bit more slippery and messy than a more textured pad would.

And as an "eager developer" who paid extra for access to the API, I'm anxious (but also disgusted with how long that (relatively) simple part is taking...) to get my hands on that for HomeSeer plugin development.
                I agree it is slippery, but I actually slept better last night than the night before.

Looking forward to the plugin!
                IFTTT integration is nice, but I still want to adjust the heating based on the temperature in the room, etc. It can be done with IFTTT, but it is a hazzle to set up right. And IFTTT commands can be delayed and dropped. Direct communication is just som much better.

I'd also want to get the sleep data (for which I created the Fitbit plugin) into HomeSeer as well.

I have an Android tablet in landscape mode by the bed. The app is cluttered, and seems to contain a lot of more or less useless buttons and information. Listen up, Eight! I mainly want to adjust the heating, and see last night sleep. In landscape. The rest can be hidden away.

... and I still want my Windows Mobile app that Eight promised as a stretch goal. Even if I got $50 back because of the missing app.

Originally posted by Automated View Post
                Great to hear that the API is coming. My wallet is ready Shill...
                Mine too!
                HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

I was just told they'd be refunding the difference I paid for the Developer Kit because they're no longer planning on giving people early access to the API. I believe the API is still coming out, but as a free-for-all instead. No news as to when.

Comment

Every bit of news about this thing is worse than the last. I'm sticking with my pressure sensitive mats.

Comment

Bed Side Unit Internals

Eight never asked me to return my orginial pad. So, I desided to crack open the bed side unit. Pictures attached.
                      There is a SD card in there, but I have not attempted o see what is actually on it.

I was surprised to see a microphone in the unit.

Enjoy.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Microphone? WTF?

I'll see this company and their product in Hell.

Comment

Originally posted by spike5884 View Post
                          Eight never asked me to return my orginial pad. So, I desided to crack open the bed side unit. Pictures attached.
                          There is a SD card in there, but I have not attempted o see what is actually on it.

I was surprised to see a microphone in the unit.

Enjoy.
                          Thanks for posting. I must be blind, where do you see a mic?

Cheers
                          Al
                          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                            I must be blind, where do you see a mic?
                            Zoom in on the last image. Top / Left. There are two sockets.
                            The bigger white square socket with 4 prongs is for connection to pad.
                            The off white two prong socket seems to be labeled microphone (on the board between the two sockets). What connects to this is a small cylinder that is glued next to one of the small 'pin' holes in the back of the unit.

I can see needing a microphone or something in the pad to pick up breathing, but not in the unit itself.

Comment

Originally posted by spike5884 View Post
                              Zoom in on the last image. Top / Left. There are two sockets.
                              The bigger white square socket with 4 prongs is for connection to pad.
                              The off white two prong socket seems to be labeled microphone (on the board between the two sockets). What connects to this is a small cylinder that is glued next to one of the small 'pin' holes in the back of the unit.

I can see needing a microphone or something in the pad to pick up breathing, but not in the unit itself.
                              Got it, thanks! Would be interesting to ask them the question as to what the microphone is being used for (or disconnect it on your new one and see if it affects anything).

Cheers
                              Al
                              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I pulled out the micro SD Card.

Folder Structure:
                                HEAT
                                LOGS
                                SETTINGS

HEAT has one file: STATE1.DAT
                                LOGS has a folder for each day. Most of my folders are empty. Some have one file in them: 113719.PRT (the number part changes)

Files will not open in Text Editor under Linux Mint.
                                Anyone have a suggestion on what maybe able o read these files?

Comment

Working...
                                X