Can't retrieve timer values - Won't Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't retrieve timer values - Won't Work

I'm having issue where the sprinklers simply won't turn on and the pump relay doesn't even activate. I deleted the plugin and re-installed everything which seemed normal. However, I am still having issues and tried to retrieve timer values to validate communication which failed. I even bought a noise filter and still have issues.

Thoughts?

Please place the EZFlora in the same room as the PLM to test communication. It is most likely power line noise causing the problem. I have noticed several instances of CFL light bulbs severely impacting Insteon performance.

Adam

Comment

Lights, Furnace

Adam,

Boy, you are not kidding. I was able to get it to work when the EZflora is in the same room as the PLM. Of course, the lights in that room have to be off. I then moved it outlet by outlet to the garage only to find that once it hits the garage, it will not work in any outlets. Of course, this might be expected since the electrical box in the garage.

The closest outlet that works is in the furnace room off the garage. Of course, I also realized that when the furnace motor is running, it won't work either. Since my lights and thermostat are all zwave controlled, I supposed I can shut them off to turn on the sprinklers.

As there anything else I can do as I don't want to have to run wires from the furnace to the garage? Is there a true zwave sprinkler solution?

Thanks,

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by IGG View Post
        Adam,

Boy, you are not kidding. I was able to get it to work when the EZflora is in the same room as the PLM. Of course, the lights in that room have to be off. I then moved it outlet by outlet to the garage only to find that once it hits the garage, it will not work in any outlets. Of course, this might be expected since the electrical box in the garage.

The closest outlet that works is in the furnace room off the garage. Of course, I also realized that when the furnace motor is running, it won't work either. Since my lights and thermostat are all zwave controlled, I supposed I can shut them off to turn on the sprinklers.

As there anything else I can do as I don't want to have to run wires from the furnace to the garage? Is there a true zwave sprinkler solution?

Thanks,

Jeff
        I don't know of any Z-Wave sprinkler solutions. There are a number of Ethernet choices. I'm using the Etherrain8 as it was the least expensive when I chose it last year. An Arduino, Ethernet shield and a set of opto-isolated relays would be my choice if I did it again.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

You could try putting a wireless bridge in the garage that will relay the signals from the PLM wirelessly and convert them to wireline signals.

Adam

Comment

Working...
          X