Change time on Hs Touch screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
    Now just to give you ideas. I have a panel in the guest bathroom that just gives data no control. Very basic but people like it and the simple info it displays.

Like it!

Will post a couple of shots of mine when finished. Only has two screens, one is for control, screen comes to life when motion sensed in bedroom, after no motion is detected, it revert to another screen (similar to yours) showing basic clock (now sunrise/sunset )

You will see from earlier posts, this being the reason I want to dim this particular screen as screen/clock is a little bright. Once motion is again sensed, it reverts back to control screen.
    Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Stevieboy View Post
      Ok, Heres the script and here is the error. Device ID is 793

Here is the link to my method

http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=80

Sub Main(Parms As Object)

dim plug as object
      dim backlight_current_value as integer = hs.DeviceValue("793")
      plug = hs.plugin("HSTouch Server")

' If backlight currently on, set to .01 to turn off, else set to minimum dim level of 38%
      If backlight_current_value > 1 Then
      plug.ClientAction(89,"Android:Masterbedroom",".01","")
      hs.setdevicevalue("793", "1")
      Else
      plug.ClientAction(89,"Android:Masterbedroom",".38","")
      hs.setdevicevalue("793", "38")
      End if

End Sub

Pete - I wish I understood your method.
      Try this instead:
      Code:
      hs.PluginFunction("HSTouch Server", "", "ClientAction", {89,"Android:Masterbedroom",".01",""})
      hs.SetDeviceValueByRef(793, "1", True)
      Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

Originally posted by ITguyHS View Post
        Try this instead:
        Code:
        hs.PluginFunction("HSTouch Server", "", "ClientAction", {89,"Android:Masterbedroom",".01",""})
        hs.SetDeviceValueByRef(793, "1", True)
        Ok, Thanks. I have copied/pasted above script but now get this error.

Excuse my ignorance but just delete ALL of the previous script and replace with the above, no other text correct?
        Attached Files
        Steve

Comment

Ok, Thanks. I have copied/pasted above script but now get this error.

Excuse my ignorance but just delete ALL of the previous script and replace with the above, no other text correct?
          Sorry, I wasn't very clear. Most of your script is correct. You just need to use the HS3 functions [what you have looks like HS2]. So your script becomes this:
          Code:

dim backlight_current_value as integer = hs.DeviceValue(793)

' If backlight currently on, set to .01 to turn off, else set to minimum dim level of 38%

hs.setdevicevaluebyref(793, "1", True)
          Else
              hs.PluginFunction("HSTouch Server", "", "ClientAction", {89,"Android:Masterbedroom",".38",""}) 

hs.setdevicevaluebyref(793, "38", True)
          End if

End Sub
          Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

Sorry, I wasn't very clear. Most of your script is correct. You just need to use the HS3 functions [what you have looks like HS2]. So your script becomes this:
            Code:

hs.setdevicevaluebyref(793, "1", True)
            Else
                hs.PluginFunction("HSTouch Server", "", "ClientAction", {89,"Android:Masterbedroom",".38",""}) 

hs.setdevicevaluebyref(793, "38", True)
            End if

End Sub
            Ok,thank you

Pasted and tried, Have following error in log. Any suggestions?
            Attached Files
            Steve

Comment

Ok,thank you

Pasted and tried, Have following error in log. Any suggestions?
              Try adding "Imports System.Core" [without the quotes] as the very first line of your script, on a line before the Sub Main. Sub Main still goes on a line by itself. So your script will start with
              Code:
              Imports System.Core
              the remainder of the script is unchanged.

I'm a little confused about that mono-project error. Not being a Linux guy, that may involve something else.
              Fred

Comment

The second parameter in the hs.setdevicevaluebyref statements should not be in quotes. The systems.core message is the typical error message with any kind of issue with a script. The imports should not be neccesary.

Cheers
                Al
                HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                  The second parameter in the hs.setdevicevaluebyref statements should not be in quotes. The systems.core message is the typical error message with any kind of issue with a script. The imports should not be neccesary.

Cheers
                  Al
                  Nice catch, Al! You are absolutely right. Does the Windows version trap this without throwing an error? I've been running it successfully with the quotes and without the import for over a year and it doesn't log anything!
                  Fred

Comment

Hi Fred, I would have expected Windows to throw an error as well, but maybe it's more forgiving. Everything else looks ok in the script as far as I can see.

Cheers
                    Al
                    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post

Cheers

Al

Guys,

Thanks for prompt response. Rather than me tearing my hair out trying to get this to work . Would be grateful if you could provide correct script here for me. Sorry, parameters & quotes are a foreign language to us non techies.[emoji853]

Much appreciated

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Steve

Comment

Two screens, toggled by motion sensor in bedroom. Brief from wife was keep it simple!

Motion sensed - status screen

No motion - clock display . Just added two times at bottom , these are sunrise/sunset , I need to add text and locate to correct place .

Clock far too bright , hence the script .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Steve

Comment

Guys,

Thanks for prompt response. Rather than me tearing my hair out trying to get this to work . Would be grateful if you could provide correct script here for me. Sorry, parameters & quotes are a foreign language to us non techies.[emoji853]

Much appreciated

Steve
                          This should do it.
                          Code:

hs.PluginFunction("HSTouch Server", "", "ClientAction", {89,"Android:Masterbedroom", ".01", ""}) 

hs.setdevicevaluebyref(793, 1, True)
                          Else
                              hs.PluginFunction("HSTouch Server", "", "ClientAction", {89,"Android:Masterbedroom", ".38", ""}) 

hs.setdevicevaluebyref(793, 38, True)
                          End if

End Sub
                          Are you sure your backlight will still be on if you set it to 38%? You might want to start at 50% and gradually go down until it no longer displays, then go back up a percent or two. Just change the .38 in the hs.PluginFunction line to .50, .40, etc. to try it.
                          Fred

Comment

Here tried the follow me PIR motion / touchscreen events sensing with wife. It worked fine but due to WAF shut most of it off. IE: it worked too good.

The HAI Omnitouch screens are off here untill you touch them. They remain on for set amount of time then shut off.

That said personally for touch screens just shut them off at night. If you touch them then they wake up. I put screen dim or off buttons on the touchscreens though. They can be dimmed to glowing mode for say a clock. It is a bit dimmer than the old LED clocks still around.
                            - Pete

Auto mator
                            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

This should do it.
                              Code:

hs.PluginFunction("HSTouch Server", "", "ClientAction", {89,"Android:Masterbedroom", ".01", ""}) 

hs.setdevicevaluebyref(793, 1, True)
                              Else
                                  hs.PluginFunction("HSTouch Server", "", "ClientAction", {89,"Android:Masterbedroom", ".38", ""}) 

hs.setdevicevaluebyref(793, 38, True)
                              End if

End Sub
                              Are you sure your backlight will still be on if you set it to 38%? You might want to start at 50% and gradually go down until it no longer displays, then go back up a percent or two. Just change the .38 in the hs.PluginFunction line to .50, .40, etc. to try it.

Mmmm sorry, now have the following error.

Pete - Touchscreen is the other side of the room so would have to get out of bed to wake screen up - I need my beauty sleep!

On the lookout for a decent size android touchscreen for kitchen, any recommendations ?
                              Attached Files
                              Steve

Comment

Ahh....

On the lookout for a decent size android touchscreen for kitchen, any recommendations ?

Yeah here mostly utilize Jogglers. You can typically find them around and used for around $35 USD. The Jogglers are UK based.
                                Only modifications are 1- updating base firmware via USB stick and 2 - building or using an Android based boot stick. Here I have done more modifications such that I am using an SSD card inside and booting to embedded wintel (of whatever flavor). Runs Linux Ubuntu 14.04 natively via a boot stick too.

Jogglers have built in wireless and a Gb interface. You can run Android via a USB boot stick. It is a 7" capacitance touchscreen tabletop tablet with an Atom dual threaded CPU with with 512Mb of memory. It does fine. Nothing fancy here; very simple.

I have two of them on the two nightstands connected via the NIC to one combo mini POE in wall managed switch which I purchased used for a song and a dance. One is also in the master bedroom media cabinet (wired) and another in the master bedroom bathroom(wireless).

I am using an old one which fits inside of a box. New managed switches are bigger and fit on the box. Tiny managed switch.

Last edited by Pete; August 9, 2016, 12:40 PM.
                                - Pete

Auto mator
                                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                                X