www.homeseer.com    
 

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > Bob's Place Media Engineering Plug-Ins > WeatherFlow (3P)

WeatherFlow (3P) Discussion of WeatherFlow plug-in

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old January 24th, 2018, 05:37 PM
bpwwer bpwwer is offline
Super Seer
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Posts: 1,536
WeatherFlow plug-in

WeatherFlow is a fairly new crowdsourced smart weather station that is available for pre-order. I've pre-ordered one and wanted to have the data available in HS so I created a plug-in for it. See WeatherFlow plug-in

You can use the updater_override.txt file attached to download a time limited beta version of the plug-in.

Given that I don't yet have the station, all testing has been done with simulated data. So this is a work-in-progress. If anyone who was part of the initial beta test wants to try it out and provide feedback, that would be most welcome.

For more information on the WeatherFlow weather station see WeatherFlow
__________________
--
Bob Paauwe
ISYInsteon Plug-in
http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old January 24th, 2018, 08:29 PM
dcdelong's Avatar
dcdelong dcdelong is offline
Seer Deluxe
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Indiana\Ohio
Posts: 303
Will you able to execute an event in response to an event from the devices? Something like lighting is detected?

Chris
__________________
HSPRO3 3.0.0.368 on HP 8000, 9 SONOS, Vista p20 alarm, 3 IPads and HP Touch Screen, 22 z-Wave, 54 INSTEON

Plugins :BLBackup:,Pushover 3P:,Wiimote:Winery,HSTV:,Insteon:,PHLocation:,drhsIpPlugIn:, UltraNetatmoWelcome3:,UltraSighthoundVideo3:,Vista Alarm:,UltraCID3:,Random:,EasyTrigger:,iAutomate RFID:,FitbitSeer:,Z-Wave:,HSTouch Server:,weatherXML:,Sonos:,Restart:,UltraGCIR3:,UltraPioneer AVR3:JowiHue;WiiMote;MyQ
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old January 24th, 2018, 09:49 PM
bpwwer bpwwer is offline
Super Seer
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Posts: 1,536
I'm not tracking the lightning, rain, or even the rapid wind events yet, but it's on the list of things to do.
__________________
--
Bob Paauwe
ISYInsteon Plug-in
http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old January 29th, 2018, 12:46 PM
GaryFunk GaryFunk is online now
Seer
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 11
For those interested in the WeatherFlow Smart Weather Station, follow this link and you can join the forum. There is a developer section where you can get help.

https://community.weatherflow.com/t/...124?u=garyfunk
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old February 2nd, 2018, 07:34 PM
bpwwer bpwwer is offline
Super Seer
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Posts: 1,536
Version 3.0.0.1 available.

I've added triggers for lightning strikes, start of precipitation and wind, corresponding to those events from the WeatherFlow hub.

I've also requested that it be added into the updater beta section so that the override file will no longer be needed once it shows up there.
__________________
--
Bob Paauwe
ISYInsteon Plug-in
http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old May 9th, 2018, 11:26 AM
bpwwer bpwwer is offline
Super Seer
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Posts: 1,536
And it's now available in the HomeSeer store.
__________________
--
Bob Paauwe
ISYInsteon Plug-in
http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old May 9th, 2018, 12:44 PM
Richel Richel is offline
Seer Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northeast Florida, USA
Posts: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpwwer View Post
And it's now available in the HomeSeer store.
With this plugin, will it be possible to create events based on data received (e.g., If wind speed is greater than...)?

Elliott
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old May 9th, 2018, 04:28 PM
bpwwer bpwwer is offline
Super Seer
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Posts: 1,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richel View Post
With this plugin, will it be possible to create events based on data received (e.g., If wind speed is greater than...)?

Elliott
Yes, each sensor value is a separate HS device with the sensor value, you can create events that trigger on changes to the value using the standard HS event (device value change) type triggers.

There are also some custom triggers for things like precipitation start and lightning strikes.
__________________
--
Bob Paauwe
ISYInsteon Plug-in
http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old May 9th, 2018, 05:33 PM
Richel Richel is offline
Seer Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northeast Florida, USA
Posts: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpwwer View Post
Yes, each sensor value is a separate HS device with the sensor value, you can create events that trigger on changes to the value using the standard HS event (device value change) type triggers.

There are also some custom triggers for things like precipitation start and lightning strikes.
Great! Thanks. By the way do you know the cost of the weather station? Their website just states available in June? There is an apparent hyperlink with the button that states this, but it doesn't go anywhere.

Elliott
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old May 9th, 2018, 07:55 PM
upstatemike's Avatar
upstatemike upstatemike is offline
Seer Deluxe
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: upstate
Posts: 284
I'm interested in this but I'm not clear from the description if the plugin talks directly to the hub or if it pulls the data from the WeatherFlow servers. In other words, does it work when your Internet connection is down?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old May 9th, 2018, 08:39 PM
bpwwer bpwwer is offline
Super Seer
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Posts: 1,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richel View Post
Great! Thanks. By the way do you know the cost of the weather station? Their website just states available in June? There is an apparent hyperlink with the button that states this, but it doesn't go anywhere.

Elliott
I believe the retail price will be $299 for a hub, air, and sky combo. They are currently working to ship out all of the pre-ordered units.
__________________
--
Bob Paauwe
ISYInsteon Plug-in
http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old May 9th, 2018, 08:45 PM
bpwwer bpwwer is offline
Super Seer
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Posts: 1,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatemike View Post
I'm interested in this but I'm not clear from the description if the plugin talks directly to the hub or if it pulls the data from the WeatherFlow servers. In other words, does it work when your Internet connection is down?
The hub broadcast the data so there's no pulling involved. The current version of the plug-in listens for the hub broadcasts on your local network. There was a bug where the local broadcast would stop when the hub lost Internet connectivity, but that has been fixed with the latest firmware update (or so I'm told). So, yes, it is supposed to work when your Internet connection is down.

I'm working on an update that will get data from the WeatherFlow servers in addition to the local broadcasts. I see this as useful for monitoring conditions at remote locations.
__________________
--
Bob Paauwe
ISYInsteon Plug-in
http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old May 9th, 2018, 08:54 PM
upstatemike's Avatar
upstatemike upstatemike is offline
Seer Deluxe
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: upstate
Posts: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpwwer View Post
The hub broadcast the data so there's no pulling involved. The current version of the plug-in listens for the hub broadcasts on your local network. There was a bug where the local broadcast would stop when the hub lost Internet connectivity, but that has been fixed with the latest firmware update (or so I'm told). So, yes, it is supposed to work when your Internet connection is down.

I'm working on an update that will get data from the WeatherFlow servers in addition to the local broadcasts. I see this as useful for monitoring conditions at remote locations.
Very cool! Looking forward for WeatherFlow to go on sale so I can try this out. Would love lightning, wind gust. rain, and sudden barometer drop announcements. Also thinking that a Homeseer switch in annunciator mode could give a quick visual status for certain weather station parameters.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old May 20th, 2018, 04:16 PM
codemonkey's Avatar
codemonkey codemonkey is offline
Seer Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Northern California
Posts: 558
Great plugin! I love my WeatherFlow station. Especially now that I have both my air and sky live. The second that you get both of them reporting you have a purchase from me.
__________________
HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Plug-in support on Linux (Plug-in authors please read!) rjh HS3 Plug-In Development 40 December 29th, 2017 11:30 AM
Does this plug-in play well with the Alexa Plug-in? outbackrob Honeywell WiFi Thermostat (3P) 20 July 31st, 2016 05:02 PM
Compare/contrast ACRF(2) plug-in and RFXCOM plug-in? NeverDie ACRF Processor (3P) 1 November 12th, 2013 11:18 AM
Insteon PLM Plug-in is moving to a licensed plug-in mnsandler Insteon Plug-in (Mark Sandler) 19 September 22nd, 2010 09:33 PM
UPB plug-in not showing up on Plug-Ins menu joegrace13 Lighting & Primary Technology Discussion 10 May 20th, 2010 06:50 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:58 AM.


Copyright HomeSeer Technologies, LLC