www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > MCS Plug-Ins and Scripts > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous (Formerly MCS Free Plug-Ins) Discussions relating to the WebAgent and other free plug-ins, provided by Michael McSharry. For MCS "pay" plug-ins, please see the specific plug-in forum.

Old July 9th, 2010, 03:13 PM
OverSeer

Souce is attached
Attached Files
File Type: zip Movement.zip (436.1 KB, 37 views)
Old July 12th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Seer Plus

Hi,
Sorry for the late response but many thanks for posting the mcsMovement source code.

I did as about why nothing appears when selecting any of the items from the drop down menu. This appeared to work when I was using XP Pro but now I have "upgraded" to Win7 on a new low power system it does not work.

Any ideas?

Many thanks.
Old July 12th, 2010, 07:39 PM
OverSeer

mcsMovement has a form GUI with actions based on mouse click events. There are no pulldowns of which I'm aware. HS uses pulldown on the form where the log is located. Any .asp pages I may have done use standard HTML so no reason W7 would have a problem with those.

mcsMovement does use a variety of controls that likely are not directly available on W7, but I would think that it would generate all sorts of errors if they are not present.
Old July 12th, 2010, 10:19 PM
Seer Plus

Hi,
Thanks for the response.

The problem I have is if I select, with the mouse, mcsMovement from the heading on the main Homeseer log page then a drop down list appears with Set-up
Groups
Display
Help
in the list.
Selecting:- Setup does nothing at all.
Groups displays mcsMovementgroups.asp but obviously no data
Display displays Movement.asp but with the following error
“Script error: Type mismatch: 'CustomHeader'
response.write CustomHeader(Array(fs4.Value, "", gBackgroundColor, "", gStyleSheet))
Else”
Help displays the documentation as mcsMovement_Readme.htm

This was working in my previous machine using XP Pro.
I must add that the location of the Homeseer2 program is not in c:\Program Files\Homeseer2 but in C:\Homeseer2, if this makes any difference but I suspect not.
Any thoughts?

Many thanks
Old July 12th, 2010, 11:24 PM
OverSeer

Setup brings up a form which can be hidden behind other windows. I suspect it is possible that the x,y location of where it puts it may not be in the visible space of your desktop, but I think it puts it at the center of the display.

The CustomHeader error is from the .asp file that uses the "Includes". I believe there is also a setup parameters that tells mcsMovement to build the header internally rather than via the asp script. It could be that the .asp either calls the "Includes" functions or the plugin's method. It has been too long since I worked with it to remember the details.
Old July 13th, 2010, 06:44 AM
Seer Plus

Many thanks for your trouble, will "poke" around to try to find the missing window.
Old July 13th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Seer Plus

It appears that I am missing "tabctl32.ocx".

This appears to be required for installing the Battery timer location and the setup screen at least.

Does it get installed and registered from mcsMovement or should it be part of the operating system and already registered?
Looking on the Internet its also coming up as a possible part of a keylogger which makes me a little "hesitant" in downloading an internet version.
Old July 13th, 2010, 10:04 AM
OverSeer

Attached are two. One is from my W7 x64 install and is in the \Windows\SysWOW64 folder. The other is from an XP install in \Windows\System32. Whichever is appropriate for you can be used and registered with regsvr32.exe.
Attached Files
File Type: zip tabctl32_System32.zip (106.6 KB, 23 views)
File Type: zip tabctl32_SysWOW64.zip (105.2 KB, 26 views)
Old January 26th, 2017, 03:24 PM
Seer Deluxe

If anyone is watching this thread

Does anyone know if this was ever ported to HS3?

Thanks
Zwave, CheaperRFID Plugin, mcsMovement,BLRandom, RainRelay8, HAI RC Thermostat, W800 RF (32Bit) Controller, SmartHome PowerLinc USB, HSTouch iPhone, HSTouch Server, WebCam, HSTouch Server Unlimited, iTunes, Ocelot