www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > MCS Plug-Ins and Scripts > mcsSprinklers

Old August 6th, 2017, 02:55 PM
Seer Deluxe

I noticed some problems in v2.17.0.11 for .NET 2 you posted, although they are not directly related to the rainfall data issue:

1) on Other Setup tab, it only show Basic and Standard version. The pro version is no longer visible.

2) on Area setup tab, most of the settings are no longer visible.

3) On General Status tab, weather forecast/UV etc no longer get updated although on Weather Setup tab the I can display correct forecast info when click on Evaluate Internet Download button.
Old August 6th, 2017, 09:22 PM
OverSeer

Look at Other Page. Is P:rofessional option available? At the bottom is expert mode available? If so select both of these.
Old August 7th, 2017, 03:57 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael McSharry View Post
Look at Other Page. Is P:rofessional option available? At the bottom is expert mode available? If so select both of these.
Professional options isn't available. At bottom of the Other page, only expert mode context help is available and already selected.
Attached Images

Old August 7th, 2017, 05:23 PM
OverSeer

All we are trying to do is look at the hourly moisture calculation which queries the rain information from the database. The license key is HST magic so not able to easily investigate, but should not matter. If the test does not provide the data we need then other investigation of the variance in operation can be researched.
Old August 8th, 2017, 02:41 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
All we are trying to do is look at the hourly moisture calculation which queries the rain information from the database. The license key is HST magic so not able to easily investigate, but should not matter. If the test does not provide the data we need then other investigation of the variance in operation can be researched.
Understood. Please see attached debug file. Some of the RainLastHouse numbers don't look right. Thank you Michael.
Attached Files
File Type: zip debug2.zip (861.0 KB, 2 views)
Old August 9th, 2017, 06:17 PM
OverSeer

I see the error in the implementation. In your case we have two problems to solve because of the .NET 2 build not working the same at the .NET 3.5 build. I'm not certain where to start, but let us first understand why the plugin version is not aligning. I am not certain what I will learn, but there is also a startuptrace.txt file in what is likely the \data path that will contain the startup information. Please post it.
Old August 9th, 2017, 08:10 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
I see the error in the implementation. In your case we have two problems to solve because of the .NET 2 build not working the same at the .NET 3.5 build. I'm not certain where to start, but let us first understand why the plugin version is not aligning. I am not certain what I will learn, but there is also a startuptrace.txt file in what is likely the \data path that will contain the startup information. Please post it.
Thank you Michael. Please see attached startuptrace.txt file. It is in \data but time stamp on the file was from 2013, so I am not sure if it will give useful information.
Attached Files
File Type: zip StartupTrace.zip (596 Bytes, 1 views)
Old August 12th, 2017, 02:27 PM
OverSeer

After looking at the code my best guess is that you also have the Standard plugin available and the plugin looks for the first one it finds. I did add debug while this iteration is being done. I also changed the algorithm for hourly rainfall. These updates are attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MCSSPRINKLERS_217012_Net2.zip (717.5 KB, 1 views)
Old August 12th, 2017, 11:16 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
After looking at the code my best guess is that you also have the Standard plugin available and the plugin looks for the first one it finds. I did add debug while this iteration is being done. I also changed the algorithm for hourly rainfall. These updates are attached.
I originally had Standard plugin then upgraded to Pro. Should I remove standard plugin and not just disable it?
Old August 13th, 2017, 12:09 PM
OverSeer

mcsSprinklers uses the HS2 API call to get the set of plugins. I do not recall if HS2 returns all plugins found or all plugins enabled, but you can easily deal with it by renaming with something other than HSPI at the start.
Old August 17th, 2017, 10:15 AM
Seer Deluxe

Michael, thanks for building the .NET 2 version. Here are some observations:

What work correctly:
1) settings for Pro version now all show up correctly.
2) weather update download works fine

It seems earlier problem was related to an older out of date Standard version was activated.

Remaining problems:
1) on Zone status tab, displayed moisture % decreases with calculates ET which looks reasonable, except rain data was not taken into account. So it behaves as if there is no rain, regardless what rain sensor is reporting.

2) on General tab, rain sensor displays today's rain data correctly

3) on General tab, moisture % for all the zones stay constant and never change (so they deviated from the moisture % on Zone status tab). They all retain an old time stamp and never get updated.

I posted debug file for Aug 14. The rain fall started around 9:23am in that day.

Thanks again.
Attached Files
File Type: zip mcsSprinklers_GeneralDebug8_14_2017_12_00_29_AM.zip (216.7 KB, 1 views)
Old Yesterday, 12:28 PM
OverSeer

Lets try this one. Don't know why I did not see problem when testing last one.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MCSSPRINKLERS_217013_Net2.zip (717.4 KB, 2 views)