Cannot Play Audio Files on SEL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot Play Audio Files on SEL

I am trying to use the Play an Audio File function on my SEL, specifically to play MP3 files as a reaction to some input (in this case a door opening).

I cannot browse for the file at all (the box is completely empty) but I can type in the entire path as follows:

/usr/local/HomeSeer/speech/sec_disarmed.mp3

No error messages are shown in the log when attempting to play the file, but no sound is generated. I can play TTS just fine, outputting to my Sonos speaker client $SONOS$LR_Rear_Only$:*

What am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by bebaldin; March 7, 2018, 12:45 PM. Reason: Updated to solved

SOLVED: Cannot Play Audio Files on HomeSeer SEL

Originally posted by bebaldin View Post
    I am trying to use the Play an Audio File function on my SEL, specifically to play MP3 files as a reaction to some input (in this case a door opening).

I cannot browse for the file at all (the box is completely empty) but I can type in the entire path as follows:

/usr/local/HomeSeer/speech/sec_disarmed.mp3

No error messages are shown in the log when attempting to play the file, but no sound is generated. I can play TTS just fine, outputting to my Sonos speaker client $SONOS$LR_Rear_Only$:*

What am I doing wrong?
    I was able to figure out how to make this work. It's counter-intuitive, but it works.

What you have to do is select Speak Something - NOT Play an Audio File. In the Text to be spoken box, enter the complete path to your WAV or MP3 file. Make sure that both the Speak the Contents of a file and Wait For the Speech to Finish checkboxes are unchecked. You also need to make sure that you have the appropriate Speaker Client set (my example uses Sonos).

It seems strange to not use Play an Audio File to play an audio file, but this is how to make it work on a Linux controller.
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X