Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High CPU usage

Hi ChrisH,
    Was observing my HS Server resources and realised that BOSESoundTouch plugin consumes a lot of CPU time (more than HS3 process). Why it is so CPU hungry? I have 4 Bose Speakers with polling interval 3 seconds. Tried to increase polling interval to 30 seconds - no difference. Any ideas?
    Attached Files

That CPU usage seems quite excessive. I'll take a look at it.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Take a look at the latest version of the plugin and let me know if that improves things for you.

thanks,

Comment

Hi Chris,

Installed version 3.8.1.0. I can see an improvement, but CPU usage still as high as main HS process. See screenshot attached. Also now plugin prints "Update BOSESoundtouch..." in console every time when it polls status, which is quite noisy.

regards,
          Attached Files

Comment

Are you on the default 3 seconds or something a bit longer? I will suppress the log messages in the next version.

regards,

Comment

Yep, on 3 sec.

Comment

Version 3.8.2 of the plugin suppresses those update messages. Can you update and then try setting it to 5 seconds? Let me know how the cpu usage looks after that.

thanks,

Comment

Updated to 3.8.2, increased interval to 5 sec. Now CPU oscillates in range 4%-12%.

regards

Comment

Working...
                  X