Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer is not what its used to be - Disappointment

Hello

Home seer is one of the best Home Automation system for sure, i have almost 5 years of experience using it . but recently something has change for me and i not sure i can trust this product anymore .

it started about 5 years ago and my system was working with PLCBUS modules only until 2 years ago when i decided to expend the system and start using also sensors to make the home working by it self .

i purchased a zstick s2 and started to add sensors and wall switches + extenders from Aeon,fibaro,everspring and so on . also added Global cache to control my home media devices.

i had about 20 modules of zwave . all was working like a charm , every module reported battery use and it was working perfect . what can i say i was so happy with it , also purchased Pro version of hs3 after using HS2 for 2 years and it was so stable product.

the trouble started two month ago, i noticed that the controller from time to time freeze with no reason and the only way to make it work again i had to shutdown the system completely .

my environment is built on a clean windows 7 and i am using HS3 pro latest version .

after reading few posts in the forum and Aeotec website i decided to upgrade my zstick firmware to the latest version which is 3.08. i thought it will solve the freezing option and all will be fine.

from that point after firmware was successful my system is not stable anymore and i am fighting it almost every day its became really ANNOYING .

third of the modules after firmware stopped working and i was able to restore most of them after optimizing entire system including repeaters and sleeping sensors but not all modules reporting battery use anymore , two of them are reporting the on /off motion randomly to the controller .

i decided to upgrade zstick s2 to a GEN5 module which also have diagnostic feature and i thought that it will help to solve issues i have.

new controller arrived two days ago so i was ready to duplicate it using Send network information to another controller and make it primary.

i installed a second system just to copy Node information from zstick s2 to GEN5.

that didn't work as it reported errors after few times i gave up , i found a third party software danfos and tried to send information again and using learn option from that software , this time it worked ok and duplicated all information to the new stick and promoted it to become primary.

this process was not easy and took me about 2 hours until duplication worked successfully.

from that point i had to delete node 1 as it was the old controller .

the new gen5 controller started to work but it was not communicating with the modules at all , after diagnosing it i found that i need to re-associate every node in my system to the new controller which is a lot of work .

after few hours i re optimized 95% of the modules and change association to the new controller , i thought that finally after so much work things will be stable again but i still have issues .

almost third of the modules are not reporting battery use anymore which is a big problem , its the only way to know if a module stopped working cause battery is drain . i have a scene the report low battery by mail for every module.

after reading in the forum that zwave 162 solved most of the problems i decided to upgrade the zwave plugin version from stable 130 to beta 162 .

but unfortunately i still have batteries that unable to sent information and the error i see in the log is like this "device "#" woke up but queued command failed to be send command=poll device"

this happens mostly on fibaro water sensors and Aeon Door sensors old version .

i am close to give up on this system to stop using it after so long . i feel that i cant trust it anymore mostly worried about water sensors .

really don't know how to solve it anymore , also ZSEER
    + is not showing routing arrows which makes it hard to diagnose issues.

i really like know if others are on the same situation as i am .

Tzach

FWIW I get that same log message on my Fibaro motion sensors relating, I'm pretty sure, only to the battery level. Temperature and luminance see to poll/get updated fine but not the battery. I have an Aeon water sensor where the battery level gets reported, it seems, just fine.

Device (Node 2) woke up, but queued command failed to be sent. Command=Poll Device

Comment

Working...
    X