RS485 RTS Transmitter plugin for Somfy control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RS485 RTS Transmitter plugin for Somfy control

I'm working on a Somfy plugin that will support the "RS485 RTS transmitter" from Somfy. This will enable you to control up to 16 RTS channels and Somfy devices.

If you have one and want to beta test, please download the attached updater_override file and put in the HS3 folder.

The device control is more or less done, and I'm now working on the graphics and status.

Let me know what you think.

Current Version: 1.0.0.4

Change Log:
    -Added support for URTSI II
    -added action and trigger
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Toby; March 14, 2014, 05:40 PM. Reason: Updated version 1.0.0.4

Hi Toby

This sounds very interesting. I will be testing this over the next week or so!

Cheers
    Nicolai
    Nicolai L

Comment

Hi Toby, thanks for this.

I've downloaded and am just setting up. A couple comments for you:

-> The images folder didn't seem to come across during the install.
      -> What might cause this error?
      Mar-09 11:58:57 PM Error Calling SetIOMulti in plugin MyRTS RS485:startIndex cannot be larger than length of string.Parameter name: startIndex

Thanks, Gear

Comment

Originally posted by gear View Post
        -> The images folder didn't seem to come across during the install.
        Sorry for this - forgot to add it to the zip file. I will fix this when I get home.

Mar-09 11:58:57 PM Error Calling SetIOMulti in plugin MyRTS RS485:startIndex cannot be larger than length of string.Parameter name: startIndex
        What did you press or do prior to this error message?

Toby

Comment

Did you type in 6 characters in the nodeID?
          I think this is the reason... I have in any case now added a verification and handling of NodeID input.

Let me know it this solved it...

Comment

Toby,
            Yes, that solved it. Thanks.

What is the function of the NodeID? Is it the URTSI II address used for RS485? If so then I am expecting only 2 characters....

For RS232 I understand the protocol to be as below (from the product instructions sheet).
            Thanks for clarifying, Gear

C. RS232 OPERATION
            1. The Somfy RS232 interface uses the following communications settings: 9600 Baud, 8 Data Bits, 1 Stop Bit, No Parity
            2. Set the rotary switch to position 1.
            3. The basic format for communication is as follows: URTSI ADDR MOTOR CHAN DIR
            The URTSI II address is 01.
            The motor channel should be 2 digits from 01 to 16.
            The directional commands are: U = Up D = Down S = Stop (Must be Capital letters)
            4. Examples:
            Motor 1 UP: 0101U
            Motor 5 DOWN: 0105D
            Motor 12 STOP: 0112S

Comment

The NodeID is a 3 byte / 6 characters code printed on the RS485 RTS Transmitter device and values are between 000000 and FFFFFF (HEX).

Currently this plugin only supports one RS485 RTS transmitter ( http://www.somfysmarthome.co.uk/Reso...r_Brochure.pdf ) and not the URTSI II... I'm sorry for this.

In theory it should not be difficult to add support for URTSI II, but I do not have this device so it will be difficult to test...
              Last edited by Toby; March 11, 2014, 03:15 AM.

Comment

rfxcom comes soon with integrated somfy solution

rfxcom has just ended there beta testing of controlling somfy motors with the rfxtrx 433 and added the control in the just released update 19 of there hs3 plugin under RFY which is RTS without a brand. the rfxctrx is much cheaper and can address an enourmously amount of different domotica equipment. i dont know a single domotica hardware which is so universal.

Comment

Working...
                X