Any wired Zwave motion sensor products?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pete View Post
    I have tested a network of wireless Zigbee sensors (only battery operated Zigbee sensors and nothing else) and they are fast (door, water, PIR)
    Pete, which of the zigbee devices have you tested and that work with HS? I have some from the sylvania line but they won't trigger an event. The motion sensor (and others) for instance don't seem to be recognized. No motion change (UI) when tripped. I can get the motion sensor to turn on and off the appliance switch after setting them up in the app but there are long delays in HS before it shows the switch on or off.

Comment

Aeotec model number?

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      Before I switched to wired PIRs with my security stem, I had a number of Aeotec multi-sensor 6 units. They were all powered. They are rated for outdoor use and the three I have left are outside. They actually reconfigure as a fully listening node when they are powered. When I had a dozen or so indoors, they were fast and very reliable.

You could also consider the GE Z-Wave motion switches that were recently released. They are motion detectors and a Z-Wave switch in a single package.
      rprade - Any idea of what model no. those Aeotec Multi sensor are? The only ones I see around are the ZW-100 which state indoor use only. I need to find outdoor motion sensors, preferably battery, to work with ZWave. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Alconnell View Post
        rprade - Any idea of what model no. those Aeotec Multi sensor are? The only ones I see around are the ZW-100 which state indoor use only. I need to find outdoor motion sensors, preferably battery, to work with ZWave. Thanks
        They are the ZW100 sensors. It is interesting that they no longer state they can be used outdoor sheltered from direct rain. That was stated in the data sheet I saw in 2015 before I purchased them. I no longer have the data sheet or the original manuals. Now the sensor carries an IP20 rating, indicating no liquid protection. Mine have been outside under the eaves and USB powered since 2015, but Colorado's climate is very dry. I also have two Bosch indoor motion sensors under the eaves looking at my driveway since 2015. I took them down to paint a couple of months ago and they are not even dirty internally.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks rprade

Not sure I'll take a chance on them here in Maine. I see Fibaro makes the FGMS-001 ZW5 which is outdoor rated, I might give it a try. There's also a company that makes zwave light fixtures, I can't find that one right now. I'm surprised there aren't more options out there.

Comment

which of the zigbee devices have you tested and that work with HS?
            I'll jump in here since I'm playing with some zigbee sensors. I'm using the JowiHue pluging and a Pi with the Raspbee zigbee board.

Works as a motion sensor and luminance level. Instant status to HS. This thing is tiny!
            https://www.gearbest.com/alarm-systems/pp_659226.html

I also have the Xiaomi cube. Instant status too.

Note, these devices are somewhat rudimentary. They work but I don't see any battery status. Both came with CR2450 which is a lot beefier than smaller coin batteries.

AFA zwave light fixtures, I buried a Qubino dimmer within the confines of https://thd.co/2nOtCmz, going on its second winter.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X