X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG not updating HS

Glen..
    Just installed the newest build. When I run a scene from a keypad and it runs an event on SG, the HS side is not showing the lights on.

Any ideas?

Mike

What exactly do you mean by "not showing the lights on"? If you mean that the device status on Homeseer does not change when the light changes, remember that unlike HS1.x the main status screen on HS2 does NOT update automatically. Once you've pulled the screen up, the status indicators will stay the way that they are until you either hit 'Refresh' or do something else that causes the screen to reload. In other words, it won't give you a real time display of anything that Homeseer does not initiate itself. This would probably include scenes.

Comment

Correct. I did the refresh. I even closed the browser and reopened it. The on/off did not show changed.

If you want screen shots, I could post some later this evening.

Mike

Comment

Okay, I'm a little bit tired tonight, but let me try to get a picture of this. Is the event on SG causing SG to send X10 commands to the lights (or other modules), or is this part of the scene programming of the switches themselves? This is a critical difference, because if there isn't X10 flowing over the wires, the SG won't be aware of the actions. You could try temporarily shutting down HS and running the WinEVM MegaController. Looc at the logging window on the lefthand side and see if you're seeing messages for the lights that you think HS ought to be seeing. Also look at the status panel on the right hand side and see if the lights are changing state there.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemeer
          Correct. I did the refresh. I even closed the browser and reopened it. The on/off did not show changed.

If you want screen shots, I could post some later this evening.

Mike
          Mike;

I would double my earlier comment on checking the X10 traffic. I just ran an end to end test (I run here the same builds that I release), and I was able to turn on the #2 bedroom and upstairs hall lights from my alarm clock controller and see the results reflected on my HS main screen, so it's obviously detecting the X10 traffic even though it's not taking any action.

Comment

I have screen shots to show you. Take a look.

Mike
            Attached Files

Comment

I had the same situation when using device types other than the standard light switch and wall plugs. Using SmartLink would not update on/off (100% or 0%) properly; however, it would show the mid %. For example, clicking the device "on" from the web page would turn the light on, but the web display would still show off. Setting the device to 70% would change the light to 70% and would show the web display at 70%.

Hope that helps Glen!

Comment

Working...
              X