Feature Requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Requests

I plan on adding support for wireless sensors (433 MHz RFXCOM ones). Are there any other features anyone would like added to the plugin?

Very late to the game, but this more of a question than feature request. Is there any plans for an HS2 version?

Comment

+16 or remappable x10 rf to x10plc ...

The interface I was using in HS2 was able to add 16 to the incoming x10 rf device so that the rf looked like a16 to hs this way you do not eat your x10 plc devices addresses.. could you add this feature to SimpleRF ??

Thanks
      Dave

Comment

Oops..

Works better than that right out of the gate... I should have known better...

Thanks
        Dave

Comment

As I'm sure some of you are aware I didn't release the support for RFXCOM due to threats I received from the RFXCOM people when I announced my intentions. It all happened last year but I never updated this thread. I am not going to publicly release this module unless the RFXCOM people change their minds.

Comment

docs and retransmit ???

Are there any doc.s for the plugin.. Is there a way to stop the plugin from retransmitting the X10 code to the PLC interface the old plugin I was using you could add an offset the the RF incoming code, in my case I added 16 as an offset.. It worked great.. Here's how it worked an X10rf device is set to A1 when the rf plugin decodes it it adds 16 to the base number so A1 becomes A17 to homeseer A2 = A18 you get it L'm sure.. This makes the plugin easier to use mostly because by add X to the base number makes it if above 16 makes it not retransmit because it's out of the PLC range,, plus you now have to separate codes of to devices A1 (For PLC) and A17 (For Z10rf.) instead of 2 A1s witch makes it easy to search and use in scripts... Thank You.. DEM

Comment

Hmm an intriguing idea. If I understand your requirements the closest you can get with the SimpleRF plugin is to enable/disable certain X-10 codes so it doesn't forward them onto Homeseer, but it wouldn't allow you to reuse any codes. Just curious - do you have so many devices that you have to reuse the same codes? I've never heard of that. To do what your asking wouldn't be too difficult and I might do it someday if people are interested, but for right now I'm just concentrating on bug fixes.

Comment

Originally posted by edgar1898 View Post
                Hmm an intriguing idea. If I understand your requirements the closest you can get with the SimpleRF plugin is to enable/disable certain X-10 codes so it doesn't forward them onto Homeseer, but it wouldn't allow you to reuse any codes. Just curious - do you have so many devices that you have to reuse the same codes? I've never heard of that. To do what your asking wouldn't be too difficult and I might do it someday if people are interested, but for right now I'm just concentrating on bug fixes.
                Yes that's the issue. disable them to homeseer than they will not process via homeseer.. In theory I guess 255.. I had / have about 25 .. Capture should be attached.. so you can see the setup page for items with house codes..
                Attached Files

Comment

Log entries - Use of device names rather than numeric entry

When viewing the logs I notice the devices declared in SimpleRF are not shown as "mydevicename" in the log but rather a numeric value such as "20418". It does not give a clear picture which sensor is doing what unless you only have a few sensors.

I can understand having the numeric values for non-declared transmitters but if I declare in the plugin that "20418" = "Back Yard Motion" then the declared name should be used in the log entry.

See the difference:
                  Currently:
                  Sep-04 12:05:59 SimpleRF Received Security Message from Receiver 1: 20418 ON

Suggested:
                  Sep-04 12:05:59 SimpleRF RX MSG from RX1: Back Yard Motion = ON

Comment

As a wishlist item I would like to see Raw and Cooked options for the log data. The debug log is obviously cooked but it would be nice to see the raw data stream from the W800.

Any thoughts of adding other than X-10 devices like the Oregon Scientific?

Just out of curiosity why do many plugins not use the Device Managers Com Port Selector? HS would be cleaner if all the plugins used the same interface for port setup where you see all ports at a glance. This is especially true if you have USB-RS232 adapters that do not "remember" port numbers should the device get unplugged and plugged back in. Then you have to dance through all the different plugin pages to reconfigure each port.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitar View Post
                      As a wishlist item I would like to see Raw and Cooked options for the log data. The debug log is obviously cooked but it would be nice to see the raw data stream from the W800.

Any thoughts of adding other than X-10 devices like the Oregon Scientific?

Just out of curiosity why do many plugins not use the Device Managers Com Port Selector? HS would be cleaner if all the plugins used the same interface for port setup where you see all ports at a glance. This is especially true if you have USB-RS232 adapters that do not "remember" port numbers should the device get unplugged and plugged back in. Then you have to dance through all the different plugin pages to reconfigure each port.

I'll add the raw debugging option. I was going to add full sensor support using the RFXCom receiver but then stop working on it after I was threatened so I never got a chance to fully implement it. Is the W800 capable of receiving those signals?

When I originally built this plugin I was designing it to work on Linux as well as that is the box I was running my server on at the time so I stayed away from Windows only stuff.

Comment

Ultimately if we could act on the raw data then we would not need explicit support for more devices. I am not sure how workable it would be, but other devices might be able to be supported with a generic device. Eg.: In our events, allow us to test for a "raw user defined string" then we could act on that received string.

IF SimpleRF "raw_user_defined_string" RECEIVED THEN ...

To see what the "raw_user_defined_string" we need to test for, we'd activate our RF device and find the transmission in the raw_log.

I don't know if the RFX stuff would be that popular or not but there are many other things the W800 might be able to lock onto like wireless doorbells and weather sensors that are commonly available at hardware stores. Being able to see the raw data will let us test our RF devices to see if they could be used.

I would however opt for performance over features.

Comment

Originally posted by edgar1898 View Post
                          I'll add the raw debugging option. I was going to add full sensor support using the RFXCom receiver but then stop working on it after I was threatened so I never got a chance to fully implement it. Is the W800 capable of receiving those signals?

When I originally built this plugin I was designing it to work on Linux as well as that is the box I was running my server on at the time so I stayed away from Windows only stuff.
                          My mistake, sorry for the confusion. It should have read HS's PlugIn Manager where the comm ports are configured. I was not referring to the Windows Device Manager.

It is a pet peeve that the comm port setup is all over the map in HS3 when they went to the trouble of having a neat area to configure the ports right in the PlugIn Manager. So my question is why don't plugin authors use the HS3s comm port config drop list.

Must be a good reason for this considering that HS's ZWave plugin sets a great example of how not to do things. The X-10 plugin is so far the only one I have tried that uses the drop lists.

Comment

Gotcha, well for my plugin I started building it in early 2014 (HS 3 was new at the time) and I didn't know that was possible. I'm sure it was documented somewhere, but I don't remember even seeing it. Eventually I can probably move to supporting that as it might simplify some things.

Comment

Working...
                            X