No announcement yet.

Homekit plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Read that new Apple TV would be coming out later this year with homekit. Hopefully Apple TV release date is just more rumor
    Tom
    baby steps...starting again with HS3
    HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
    HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
    Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
    In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
    System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

hi fraggle ,

how is it going with the plugin ?

kind regards
      Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
      Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Hi,

It has been a while since my last post.
        Because of summer no real progress has been made.

The plugin is suffering some performance issues which I have to deal with. The newest iOS versions seem to allow less time before it times out and responds that no answer has been received from a device.
        I have to find out whether it is my HS machine that is performing slowly or the software. I regularly get "no response from light" while my light did turn on or off.

One big performance issue kept even HS waiting and resulted in lights turning on and off at random times. This seemed to have something to do with updating bonjour publications. Some multi threading has fixed this.

At this moment lights/switches/outlets (on/off/brightness) and thermostats (temperature) are working.
        I will be implementing light hue and saturation and thermostat humidity next.

As long as obvious errors still appear, I can't tell when testing will bepossible, but we're getting close to it!

Comment

Any Progress?

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...=1#post1202699

Originally posted by Fraggel View Post
          Hi,

It has been a while since my last post.
          Because of summer no real progress has been made.

The plugin is suffering some performance issues which I have to deal with. The newest iOS versions seem to allow less time before it times out and responds that no answer has been received from a device.
          I have to find out whether it is my HS machine that is performing slowly or the software. I regularly get "no response from light" while my light did turn on or off.

One big performance issue kept even HS waiting and resulted in lights turning on and off at random times. This seemed to have something to do with updating bonjour publications. Some multi threading has fixed this.

At this moment lights/switches/outlets (on/off/brightness) and thermostats (temperature) are working.
          I will be implementing light hue and saturation and thermostat humidity next.

As long as obvious errors still appear, I can't tell when testing will bepossible, but we're getting close to it!

Comment

Al lot of progress is definitely made.

The Honekit part has all finished, some more device types could be added, but that is just adding of extra types.

For now I am refactoring the part that is interfacing with HS.
            I was stuck in how to handle all specific values of the many different plugins that exist for HS. They all use different values for devices that should be reflected in HomeKit. As an example: sometimes 0 means off while other plugins say -1 is off. Others combine multiple values in some proprietary way to one single value.

Because I never made a HS plugin before, that is by far not an easy task to do.
            I think I have found a solution so almost any type of configuration can be addressed by the HomeKit plugin.

I hope to have a beta online soon.

Regards
            Fraggel

Comment

Great news!

Would like to test if it is available, please keep us (me) informed :-)

Comment

Great news indeed.. hope to see the beta soon. Let me know if you need help testing :-)

Comment

Al lot of progress is definitely made.

The Honekit part has all finished, some more device types could be added, but that is just adding of extra types.

For now I am refactoring the part that is interfacing with HS.
                  I was stuck in how to handle all specific values of the many different plugins that exist for HS. They all use different values for devices that should be reflected in HomeKit. As an example: sometimes 0 means off while other plugins say -1 is off. Others combine multiple values in some proprietary way to one single value.

Because I never made a HS plugin before, that is by far not an easy task to do.
                  I think I have found a solution so almost any type of configuration can be addressed by the HomeKit plugin.

I hope to have a beta online soon.

Regards
                  Fraggel
                  Have a look at what I have done in the HomeSeer platform for HomeBridge to map any HomeSeer device to HomeKit accessories:

https://github.com/nfarina/homebridg...ms/HomeSeer.js
                  --
                  stipus

Comment

Any news ?
                    --
                    stipus

Comment

:/

Comment

Please keep an eye on the updater. It will apear very soon.
                        I need to write some documentation so everyone will know how to use the plugin (it's not only fancy programming).

Supported functions for first release:
                        - lights (on/off / brightness)
                        - outlets (on/off)
                        - switches (on/off)
                        - fans (on/off)
                        - thermostat (read values for current temperature and current humidity)

I realize this is not a large list of functionality, especially keeping in mind the time you have been waiting for it. Please notice that other functionality is already present in the included library, but I have to map this to HS functionality. I just want anyone to be able to start using the plugin.

Comment

Nice Fraggel!! Thank you for doing this!!!

Sent from my iPhone
                          Tom
                          baby steps...starting again with HS3
                          HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
                          HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
                          Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
                          In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
                          System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Please keep an eye on the updater. It will appear very soon....
                            I just want anyone to be able to start using the plugin.
                            Thanks, and appreciate your taking the time to get it right and properly document!
                            DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
                            BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

lets countdown

Very good news indeed !

Comment

:O don't see it yet

can't wait

Comment

Working...
                                X