Growl Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Growl Plugin

I'm trying to understand how to add the Growl Plug-In to my HS3 system. Id doesn't show up in the list of Plug-Ins and everything I've referenced talks about some download files. How is it installed?

Thank you for your assistance.

Bryan

try here. https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=885186

Looks like link for download is still active.

Will

Comment

I think that was for HS2. Also it had major problems if I recall correctly.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
      Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
      Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Growl

I use Growl on my system with Prowl on the Iphone.
        On HS2 I did use the growl plugin - but on HS3 found it easier to call the growl functions from a script.

I call a script called Growl Message.vb from an event and populate the message:

using Sub or Function = Main & Parameters = Message to send

sub Main (byVal msg_short As String)

Dim url
        Dim url_response

url = "apikey=*****************************************&applicatio n=HS3&event=" &msg_short
        url_response = hs.URLAction("https://api.prowlapp.com/publicapi/add", "POST", url, "Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded")

End Sub

The apikey is the key given when registering growl.

Hope this helps.

Comment

So it's not installed through the Plug-Ins tab in HS3 like other Plug-Ins?

Comment

I haven't found any HS3 specific plugin.
            I find that executing growl from the script to be more reliable - I used to have issues with the HS2 plugin where it would freeze and stop sending messages. I did eventually stop using the HS2 plugin and moved to the script method.

Comment

As an alternative there is an excellent pushover plugin for HS3. It is not in the updater but is easy to find. IMHO it is way better for notifications to mobile. In addition there is a pushalot plugin that I think is in the updater that is pretty good for notifications to windows 10 clients.

Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
                As an alternative there is an excellent pushover plugin for HS3. It is not in the updater but is easy to find...
                It is in the updater now so is even easier to find

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                  It is in the updater now so is even easier to find
                  Doh! That's right I forgot you got it in there.

Comment

Working...
                  X