No announcement yet.

Support for Sony TV, Bluray, Media Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SONY TV - Can it be powered ON/OFF? (HS3)

I have a Sony TV KDL-55W800C that I have setup to be recognized in the plug-in for Media Controller in HS3.

Is there a way to use this just to power ON/OFF?
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 519zwave View Post
      I have a Sony TV KDL-55W800C that I have setup to be recognized in the plug-in for Media Controller in HS3.

Is there a way to use this just to power ON/OFF?
      For Samsung TVs, there is an entry in the Player Table in the config screen for "Remote", distinct from the "Player" entry. It's the Player that has generated the devices in your screenshot. If the PI supports the Remote functionality for your TV, enable it in the config screen and that should create the remote control devices.

There's a section about half way down the Help File: "Remote Control Service for Sony" with some specific instructions
      cheeryfool

Comment

Thanks Cheery,

Will I be SOL as there is not option to add or configure the KDL remote here?
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Cheery,

Will I be SOL as there is not option to add or configure the KDL remote here?
          It seems it picked up the DLNA device for remote. Can you turn on the debug flag (not the superdebug) for this PI, you do that on the config page. Then stop and restart this PI and email or post the whole startup log.

By the way, the IP addresses you are blacking out are what is called a private IP address, which has no meaning to the public only meaning on your LAN. It is the WAN IP info you want to safeguard. Just FYI if you were concerned to post the info.

Dirk
          Last edited by dcorsus; December 22, 2015, 02:51 PM.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

PM sent
              SetupNetwork SettingsRenderer OptionsAuto Access PermissionNetwork SettingsRenderer Access Control

Comment

I was unable to find anything about "render" under options.
                I did find where I can turn on by mobile device and use more power in standby...

Comment

I did find where I can turn on by mobile device and use more power in standby...
                  OK turn on and look at my PM for the right URLs that I'm looking for and preferably a trace w/ Debug+Superdebug on top of that

I suspect a bug in my program how I create the proper URL

Dirk

Comment

Working...
                  X