No announcement yet.

ISY Insteon Beta 1.0.3.17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've haven't run too long with firmware 3.1.7 but so far it has been fine. I didn't see anything in the release notes that looked it it would cause any problems for the plug-in.

Originally posted by timlacey View Post
    Just about to upgrade from 3.0 to 3.7. I am likely also going to update my ISY firmware. . . have you tested 1.0.3.7 with firmware 3.1.7 yet?

Thanks,

Tim
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

I'm just about to upgrade my ISY to 3.1.10, but I always like to verify on this forum first to make sure it's been tested to some degree. I know the 3.1.10 addressed some network responsiveness issues for other devices, and I'm wondering if you've seen or expected any impact with the plug-in?

I'm running 1.0.3.7 of the plug-in.

Thanks,

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by timlacey View Post
        I'm just about to upgrade my ISY to 3.1.10, but I always like to verify on this forum first to make sure it's been tested to some degree. I know the 3.1.10 addressed some network responsiveness issues for other devices, and I'm wondering if you've seen or expected any impact with the plug-in?

I'm running 1.0.3.7 of the plug-in.

Thanks,

Tim
        Hi Tim,

I haven't seen any problems since I've upgraded and I've not had any reports of problems. There is the reported problem with firmware 3.1.10 about network resources not working so you might want to make sure that's not going to impact you first.
        --
        Bob Paauwe
        ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Uploaded version 1.0.3.8. This version adds compatibility with ISY Firmware 3.1.2. Previous versions of the plug-in will fail after upgrading the ISY to 3.1.2.
          --
          Bob Paauwe
          ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Getting these in HS log:
            ISY Insteon - COMM: Failed to get response from ISY (The remote server returned an error: (501) Not Implemented.).

ISY Insteon - COMM: for command: [<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?><s:Envelope><s:Body><u:UDIService xmlns:u='urn:udi-com:service:X_Insteon_Lighting_Service:1'><control>DOF</control><action>0</action><node>14 2D 63 1</node><flag>0</flag></u:UDIService></s:Body></s:Envelope>]

isy99i firmware v.3.1.12
            ISYInsteon plug-in v.1.0.3.8 Beta
            HS Pro v.2.5.0.44

Comment

Originally posted by jbbtex View Post
              Getting these in HS log:
              ISY Insteon - COMM: Failed to get response from ISY (The remote server returned an error: (501) Not Implemented.).

ISY Insteon - COMM: for command: [<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?><s:Envelope><s:Body><u:UDIService xmlns:u='urn:udi-com:service:X_Insteon_Lighting_Service:1'><control>DOF</control><action>0</action><node>14 2D 63 1</node><flag>0</flag></u:UDIService></s:Body></s:Envelope>]

isy99i firmware v.3.1.12
              ISYInsteon plug-in v.1.0.3.8 Beta
              HS Pro v.2.5.0.44
              The command XML looks ok. Usually the ISY will respond with a 501 error if there's something wrong with the formatting of the XML.

What type of device is 14 2D 63? If it doesn't accept ON/OFF commands then the ISY would respond this way too.
              --
              Bob Paauwe
              ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Originally posted by bpwwer View Post
                The command XML looks ok. Usually the ISY will respond with a 501 error if there's something wrong with the formatting of the XML.

What type of device is 14 2D 63? If it doesn't accept ON/OFF commands then the ISY would respond this way too.
                It's a 2420M motion sensor.

After going through the log I found these entries throughout. All the devices that are logged with this entry are motion sensors.

Looking further I found that I have these motion sensors in some scenes and was having HS turn the scenes off. I guess ISY was send off commands to the sensors as part of the scene and since they don't respond to those commands was logging the 501.
                Last edited by jbbtex; December 19, 2011, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jbbtex View Post
                  It's a 2420M motion sensor.

After going through the log I found these entries throughout. All the devices that are logged with this entry are motion sensors.

Looking further I found that I have these motion sensors in some scenes and was having HS turn the scenes off. I guess ISY was send off commands to the sensors as part of the scene and since they don't respond to those commands was logging the 501.
                  Ahh, that's interesting. Motion sensors won't accept On/off commands so the error makes sense if the plug-in was trying to send that to them.

But if the motion sensor is a scene controller and you're sending an on/off command to the scene, I don't think there should be any commands getting sent to the motion sensor by the plugin. I'll have to try and reproduce this since it seems like something isn't quite right.

At this point, it shouldn't be causing any real trouble other than the messages.
                  --
                  Bob Paauwe
                  ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Originally posted by bpwwer View Post
                    Ahh, that's interesting. Motion sensors won't accept On/off commands so the error makes sense if the plug-in was trying to send that to them.

But if the motion sensor is a scene controller and you're sending an on/off command to the scene, I don't think there should be any commands getting sent to the motion sensor by the plugin. I'll have to try and reproduce this since it seems like something isn't quite right.

At this point, it shouldn't be causing any real trouble other than the messages.
                    I created a scene in the ISY Admin Console with just a motion detector. I clicked OFF for the scene in the Admin Console and the plug-in logged an error in HS. So the issue is that the ISY software is sending the on/off command to the motion sensors, not the plug-in.

I have the plug-in set to log errors, so it's just doing what it is supposed to.

Comment

Greetings!

I notice the following in my HomeSeer log on startup...

12/22/2011 8:24:04 PM - ISY Insteon - COMM: ISY REST request to URL, /rest/networking/resources, failed with {405} OK

Is this something to be concerned about? Things seem to be working.

(EDIT) Never mind, found another question about this from October. Guess it's normal.

Comment

Uploaded version 1.0.3.9 of the plug-in. Please read the information in the first post before downloading and installing.
                        --
                        Bob Paauwe
                        ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Uploaded version 1.0.3.11 of the plug-in. Please read the information in the first post before downloading and installing.
                          --
                          Bob Paauwe
                          ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

New version 1.0.3.12 uploaded. See the first post in this thread for the link and details on the changes.
                            --
                            Bob Paauwe
                            ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Can't install 1.03.12 or 1.0.3.08 on Hometroller 3.0

The install runs about 80% of the way then prompts for a directory for the .msi package and when I specify the directory I get an "Invalid Package" message. Any suggestions on to resolve this issue?

Thanks
                              Mack

Comment

Originally posted by MasterMog View Post
                                The install runs about 80% of the way then prompts for a directory for the .msi package and when I specify the directory I get an "Invalid Package" message. Any suggestions on to resolve this issue?

Thanks
                                Mack
                                Can you provide a screen shot of the prompt you're getting? I can't replicate this but I don't have a Hometroller.

Is it really looking for a newer .net package on the Hometroller? I have had problems with Visual Studio building a package that used something from a newer .net version so it's possible that it happened again. Usually, this effects the ability to run the plug-in, not install it.
                                --
                                Bob Paauwe
                                ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Working...
                                X