MediaController plugin beta testing Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Dirk,

I've created the log following your instructions. I've deactivated firewalls and antivirus. With the TV off I restarted the pluggin. I switched the tv on 2 minutes after and this time the PI discovered perfectly. The remote device was working.

Then I switched the TV off, I wait 1 minute and switch on again. After this moment the PI not more discover the TV (all the TV device are activated offline) and the the status in upnp viewer for ther TV show false. I waited several minutes. I hope the log can help you, thanks!

Regards
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by makinava View Post
      Hi Dirk,

I've created the log following your instructions. I've deactivated firewalls and antivirus. With the TV off I restarted the pluggin. I switched the tv on 2 minutes after and this time the PI discovered perfectly. The remote device was working.

Then I switched the TV off, I wait 1 minute and switch on again. After this moment the PI not more discover the TV (all the TV device are activated offline) and the the status in upnp viewer for ther TV show false. I waited several minutes. I hope the log can help you, thanks!

Regards
      excellent trace but still can't see what goes wrong. Can you do one more time, set UPNP trace level to verbose and recreate problem. Make sure the PI's debug flag is on.

I see the ssdp:alive messages but the PI doesn't seem to do anything with it so we need one higher level of debug tracing.

Thanks

Dirk

Comment

Hi Dirk,

Regards
        There is some strange stuff happening. Which version of Windows are you running this on? Are all your updates, especially the .NET updates up to date?

When the TV is turned off, a bunch of objects should be removed/destroyed but I see no calls in the log that it actually happened, hence when the TV is turned on again, the PI ignores the event because the objects are still there.

Dirk

Comment

Hi Dirk, You were right. The flag for updating .Net was unmarked since 2014. so I've updated with the last version 4.5.2. I use windows 7 64bits spanish version. Blonkyo pluggin it's activated. Avira antivirus and windows firewall deactivated. Samsung TV and homeseer laptop connected to the same router.

Unluckly the issue persist. I created a new log file if you have any new though

Regards
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Dirk, You were right. The flag for updating .Net was unmarked since 2014. so I've updated with the last version 4.5.2. I use windows 7 64bits spanish version. Blonkyo pluggin it's activated. Avira antivirus and windows firewall deactivated. Samsung TV and homeseer laptop connected to the same router.

Unluckly the issue persist. I created a new log file if you have any new though

Regards
            I've attached here a version that has a little bit more tracing in it. Could you download it, unzip it, stop HS3, rename the HSPI_MediaController.exe file that you have in the <HS3 root directory> and copy this file into that directory, restart HS3 and make the same trace.

I also changed the code a little, it may make already a difference but even if it works, I still need that trace.

I also started looking for anything else that is off and may mess up things. I did spot some errors in the log associated to a device at IP @ 192.168.2.156. Any idea what that is? Could you cut/paste this URL in a browser and post what the result is http://192.168.2.156:5000/ssdp/dummy.xml

Cheers,

Dirk
            note! After you downloaded this test version, I'll remove it again
            Last edited by dcorsus; September 13, 2015, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Hi, Dirk, I replaced the .exe and now the samsung TV works!. Find the attachment with the new log with verbose upnp mode.

That ip belongs to a Synology with an upnp server. XML malformed error in the url you sent me.

Note : the onkyo now is always "activated online" even when it is off. It's not a problem because with blonkyo pluggin can manage it, but I can test whatever you need.

Now I can use a macro for turn on everything, computer,onkyo, tv and select the right source (hdmi), open mediaportal...

Thank you very much!

Comment

Hi, Dirk, I replaced the .exe and now the samsung TV works!. Find the attachment with the new log with verbose upnp mode.

That ip belongs to a Synology with an upnp server. XML malformed error in the url you sent me.

Note : the onkyo now is always "activated online" even when it is off. It's not a problem because with blonkyo pluggin can manage it, but I can test whatever you need.

Now I can use a macro for turn on everything, computer,onkyo, tv and select the right source (hdmi), open mediaportal...

Thank you very much!
                There is no attachment!

Seem to remember that my Onkyo stayed on-line as well. The good news was that you could turn power on/off via Ethernet. Sounds like oxymoron but they keep their Ethernet port (I think it is a settable option) alive and power all else down when you hit power off.

What did you get when you typed in that URL? Nothing or an error? What exactly was the error?

Unless the trace shows something different, I still have no clue why your setup isn't working. I may have done the sequence a bit differently to work around the issue, but I wouldn't be surprised if over time we would spot other side affects (hanging resources for example).

Please post log so I can have a look what more info I got out of it.

Dirk

Comment

Sorry, here you have the log,

This is the message. "This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below"

Really I only can power off by ethernet. I power on everything by an arduino with and IR led and a web server where homeseer control it by html.

Regards
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by makinava; September 13, 2015, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Sorry, here you have the log,

This is the message. "This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below"

Really I only can power off by ethernet. I power on everything by an arduino with and IR led and a web server where homeseer control it by html.

Regards
                    Very curious, all actions seem to complete properly now.
                    Will post a new version in the official updater soon (still doing some other things so may take a week or two).

Dirk

Comment

MediaController plugin

Hi all,
                      Where can we find the link to download the plugin for HS3?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by thierryp44 View Post
                        Hi all,
                        Where can we find the link to download the plugin for HS3?

Thanks
                        Updater under music/media plugins.

Dirk

Comment

Does somebody use mediamanager in combination with plexmc? I want to dim my lights when playing a movie but not playing music. But the only status that I can use for this in the dlna device is "Album". The album info is empty when playing a movie and filled when playing music.

But there is no devices status change for this device. Only the device string changes. Is it possible to create event based on a device string in hs3?

Maybe there is another solution?

Michel.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelo View Post
                            Does somebody use mediamanager in combination with plexmc? I want to dim my lights when playing a movie but not playing music. But the only status that I can use for this in the dlna device is "Album". The album info is empty when playing a movie and filled when playing music.

But there is no devices status change for this device. Only the device string changes. Is it possible to create event based on a device string in hs3?

Maybe there is another solution?

Michel.
                            Check the conditions, didn't I add the isVideo condition?

Dirk

Comment

Yes you did. But Plexmc only gives the condition isMusic. No matter what media you are playing.

But I have a workaround (not pretty, but it works in most cases): When the track length is greater than 15min HS assumes that it is a movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelo View Post
                                Yes you did. But Plexmc only gives the condition isMusic. No matter what media you are playing.

But I have a workaround (not pretty, but it works in most cases): When the track length is greater than 15min HS assumes that it is a movie.
                                You may want to search this thread a little. Seem to remember someone else trying to do the same. If I recall correct, he edited the tags I believe in Plex's DB itself so that things would work properly.

Dirk

Comment

Working...
                                X