Occupancy Tracking Application/Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Occupancy Tracking Application/Plugin

There's PHLocation which I use whether I'm home or not. The other one to look at is jon00's bluetooth plugin.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I've been using IFTTT-iOS, with BLan, and door lock code as redundancy checks.

Sent from my iPhone
      Tom
      baby steps...starting again with HS3
      HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
      HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
      Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
      In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
      System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

I do it using my router and a virtual switch in Homeseer which is turned on or off whether a phone is on my WiFi, indicating Home or Away. Nothing gets installed on the phone. No plugins to buy.

If you can run a custom script on your router (flashed with DD-WRT firmware, or if the router natively supports it), have the router check for your phones mac address in its table and turn on or off the virtual switch indicating Home or Away. You would need the one script, and as many virtual switches as phones you're trying to track (you, wife, kids, etc)

When you add or switch phones, all you need to do is modify the script with the new mac addresses. Has worked with iPhones, Android Bionic, GS4, GS5, GS6 etc

I used to use the same method on my Vera to automate occupancy, and it works very well. I initially used to ping the devices, but had too many false positives and negatives, so went his route.

Comment

Originally posted by jhirschhorn View Post
          I do it using my router and a virtual switch in Homeseer which is turned on or off whether a phone is on my WiFi, indicating Home or Away. Nothing gets installed on the phone. No plugins to buy.

If you can run a custom script on your router (flashed with DD-WRT firmware, or if the router natively supports it), have the router check for your phones mac address in its table and turn on or off the virtual switch indicating Home or Away. You would need the one script, and as many virtual switches as phones you're trying to track (you, wife, kids, etc)

When you add or switch phones, all you need to do is modify the script with the new mac addresses. Has worked with iPhones, Android Bionic, GS4, GS5, GS6 etc

I used to use the same method on my Vera to automate occupancy, and it works very well. I initially used to ping the devices, but had too many false positives and negatives, so went his route.
          Where do you get the script?
          Hector
          MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

OUTSTANDING people!

I need a narrower scope than IFTTT although I do use it extensively for my phone and the Nest plugin.

The router is a direction I was thinking about but now, jhirschhorn, that is perfect. Like Rotech asked, is this script available?

Once again, Thanks!

J

Comment

Script I Use

Here is the script I use. I removed part of the mac addresses. The only thing I haven't figured out, it how to check the current status, save it in a variable and check the variable when a Wifi comes online to see if it should send the request to change the virtual switches status. It works well, just hate slamming the homeseer pc every 15 seconds with a current status (to change the virtual switch on the Homeseer). This script is for DD-WRT, and checks for the MACS on all three wifi's. The 2.4, the 5ghz, and the virtual 2.4 network. It is saved as a .SH and run in the Startup Script on DD-WRT.

Code:
              #!/bin/sh                                                                                                                                                                       

# seconds between checks                                                                                                                                                        
              WATCHDOG_SLEEP_SEC=15                                                                                                                                                           
              # HomeSeer IP Address                                                                                                                                                           
              Homeseer_IP="192.168.20.4"                                                                                                                                                      
              # MAC Address 1                                                                                                                                                                 
              MAC_ADDRESS_1="5C:AD:CF:XX:XX:XX"                                                                                                                                               
              # MAC Address 2                                                                                                                                                                 
              MAC_ADDRESS_2="78:4B:87:XX:XX:XX"                                                                                                                                               
              # MAC Address 3                                                                                                                                                                 
              MAC_ADDRESS_3="FC:C2:DE:XX:XX:XX"                                                                                                                                               

while sleep $WATCHDOG_SLEEP_SEC                                                                                                                                                 
              do                                                                                                                                                                              

if !(/usr/sbin/wl -i eth1 assoclist| grep -Fq $MAC_ADDRESS_1) && !(/usr/sbin/wl -i eth1 assoclist| grep -Fq $MAC_ADDRESS_2) && !(/usr/sbin/wl -i eth1 assoclist| grep -Fq $MAC_ADDRESS_3) && !(/usr/sbin/wl -i eth2 assoclist| grep -Fq $MAC_ADDRESS_1) && !(/usr/sbin/wl -i eth2 assoclist| grep -Fq $MAC_ADDRESS_2) && !(/usr/sbin/wl -i eth2 assoclist| grep -Fq $MAC_ADDRESS_3)

then                                                                                                                                                                            
                 curl -m 1 "http://$Homeseer_IP/JSON?user=lyle@xxx&pass=xxx&request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=55&value=2" >/dev/null 2>&1                                         
              #                                                                                                                                                                               
              else                                                                                                                                                                            
                 curl -m 1 "http://$Homeseer_IP/JSON?user=lyle@xxxpass=xxx&request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=55&value=1" >/dev/null 2>&1                                         

fi                                                                                                                                                                              

done

Calling it in DD-WRT Startup Script. Change to what you named it, and obviously the location.

Code:
              #!/bin/sh
              sh /mnt/sda2/scripts/geoseer.sh &

Comment

I'd love to see something that uses beacons, Bluetooth, wifi, iCloud, nfc, and sensors to intelligently figure it all out. If any user is home and what room they are in. You could also implement fuzzy logic based on habits and expected timeframes.

I want something that just works and would pay for it, even more than the average plugin cost. It would be a huge endeavor but something that's would not be just worth while but also become a selling point for homeseer to prospective buyers.

Here's a good example. I am selling my house and have some simple events, virtual devices and counters to determine when a buyer comes in and leaves. The problem is that they are inconsistent, but, I should be able to figure it all out based on the doors they open, when they open, and what motion sensors get tripped. It's just a pain to code it all...

As far as livability, well the sky is the limit there... Personally I have a Pebble and wear it all the time unless it's charging but then I have an iPhone and usually have that with me but sometimes leave it in a room. I'm always somewhere on the property when I'm at home.

Comment

A plugin which goes beyond what you are asking is this one :http://store.homeseer.com/store/Task...HS3-P2081.aspx

You can setup any scenarios based on location,wifi,phone states (phone ringing, idle or off hook), alarm,bluetooth or even the other way arround in HomeSeer by setting up complex events and have them triggered from the phone. In other words having two way event engines (HomeSeer and Tasker). If you can dream it, consider it done! Setup and forget!

Eman.
                  TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

I use PHLocation with native iOS support for the phones, with GeoFency for fence detection We have iBeacons in all of our vehicles.

The native iOS support gives us a good predictor of when someone is heading toward home. The GeoFency iBeacon detection tells us who is driving which vehicle. The GeoFency fencing tells us who is home. The native iOS support gives redundancy to the GeoFency fences. GeoFency is fast and reliable since it talks directly to the server when a fence boundary is crossed or if an iBeacon is detected.

When both of us are away, the security heat, lighting and power are set accordingly. When either of us arrives home, the lights, heat, power and security are set. Depending on who is in what vehicle, the garage door is controlled.

The system has been 100% correct and reliable, but is subject to having a reliable Internet service. Our ISP has had no downtime in 4 months.
                    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Using iOS

Comment

I am using phlocation from sooty with the build in find my device for iOS.
                        IT works perfect if i am at my house or leaving.

I also build a iOS gps tracker in my Car , works perfect also.

Even when Someone is at my door and we are not home , iT Disable the door chime for my dogs.

IT just works with simpel events and the plug-in from spud easytrigger.

So iT always know when we are home , its almost realtime . And then iT put my refresh interval to 20 min , if i leave wifi iT checks the location first before setting the interval.

Regards ,
                        Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
                        Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

A long time ago I used to install electronics in passenger buses. One of the systems we put in was a IR beam-break passenger counter, like this: http://www.peoplecounting.co.uk/beam-counter . This seams like a really good way to determine whether a house, or even a specific room, is occupied without relying on cell phones, RFID tags, or wifi. If only it could be made into a smaller, more attractive, and easily installable form factor...maybe built into a door hinge? Looks like this guy tried to DIY something similar: http://www.mysmarthomeblog.com/page--16.html

Comment

Originally posted by tallguydirk View Post
                            A long time ago I used to install electronics in passenger buses. One of the systems we put in was a IR beam-break passenger counter, like this: http://www.peoplecounting.co.uk/beam-counter . This seams like a really good way to determine whether a house, or even a specific room, is occupied without relying on cell phones, RFID tags, or wifi. If only it could be made into a smaller, more attractive, and easily installable form factor...maybe built into a door hinge? Looks like this guy tried to DIY something similar: http://www.mysmarthomeblog.com/page--16.html
                            A house as opposed to a bus has multipal doors and not to mention big windows. Now you see where am going with this! In extreme cases you could deploy many of these :http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=162315 And also add in some of this :http://homeseer.com/updates3/descrip...ecognition.htm But then again based on what you want to trigger could based on number of things like is it you or your family at home? Or any other persons? That's where it gets interesting! So you could say let's just meet in the middle that the nice magic happens when the family is at home even better if intruders then sound the alarms and or notify the police!

That said, anything you can dream of can magically happen with HomeSeer.

Eman.
                            TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Anyone know anything about this?
                              http://www.aerial.ai/about-us/
                              Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
                              X