Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Arduino hardware works for you ?

Hi ALL

As you see from my postings I've had challenges getting arduino hardware working with the plugin. I've seen it work with a UNO and MEGA combined with a W5100 plugin ethernet daughter card.

Has anyone been able to get the plugin working with any other arduino (including compatible) hardware ?

Pete
    HS 2.2.0.11

Originally posted by petez69 View Post
    Hi ALL

As you see from my postings I've had challenges getting arduino hardware working with the plugin. I've seen it work with a UNO and MEGA combined with a W5100 plugin ethernet daughter card.

Has anyone been able to get the plugin working with any other arduino (including compatible) hardware ?

Pete
    HI Pete,

I think most people are using the mega with a W5100 shield as this gives the biggest number of outputs and can be placed anywhere on your network.

I know of another user who is using a bluetooth serial link to the boards and I believe this is working ok for him but if you are looking at something like this the remember that the link speed is 115200 baud so they have to be good ones.

I use a mega and a uno and also have tested the micro with a usb connection but Ethernet is a much better way to go.

I would be interested to see why your Etherten is not working as I can not see a reason for this no to.

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Hi Greig

I had a friend install HS and try his etherten and he believes it has run out of RAM, he couldn't get it to work either....I was going to have a look at removing some of your code and reloading that into the etherten to see if its a RAM issue.

I've stopped using HS for now until the W5100 arrives...still a few weeks away.

Pete
      HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Hi Greig

I had a friend install HS and try his etherten and he believes it has run out of RAM, he couldn't get it to work either....I was going to have a look at removing some of your code and reloading that into the etherten to see if its a RAM issue.

I've stopped using HS for now until the W5100 arrives...still a few weeks away.

Pete
        I did just have a quick look at the UIPEthernet library and my problem was with the new Library it was to big for the board.

Give me a shout when you get your new kit and tell me how you get on.

Greig.
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

Greig, UIP on a UNO or Mega ?
          HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Greig, UIP on a UNO or Mega ?
            UNO had problems but I just compiled it for the mega and it was ok. I will try it on my mega tomorrow if I get a chance.

Greig.
            Scripts =
            Various

Comment

Greig

Be very interested to see how the MEGA goes with that library....I can get the initial handshake going with the MEGA and ENC and then the Arduino seems to go to sleep....

Pete
              HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Working...
              X