Plugin Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin Questions

I am new to HS3 , 1-wire and Arduino so excuse my ignorance. I am trying to understand your plugin 1-wire ability as I have several things I would like to control through an Arduino and some things through 1-wire. I would prefer to stick with one plugin if feasible. So a few questions:

-Your 1-wire is only set up for temperature and one board would be dedicated to that feature? Or is it one pin is dedicated per board and other pins are still available?
    -Is that for a 1-wire bus (how many devices?) or 1 device?
    -Is there a limitation to the type of Arduino used (Uno, Due, Mega, LilyPad...) of the 9 max?

Thanks,
    Ryan

BTW I have sent emails through the board and directly to your hotmail address over the past week with no response so I am asking here.

Originally posted by Ryan10 View Post
    BTW I have sent emails through the board and directly to your hotmail address over the past week with no response so I am asking here.
    Sorry about that Ryan I did not get this. It may have been placed in my spam and I missed it. It is best to send me mail to the address at the top of the plugin config page.

-Your 1-wire is only set up for temperature and one board would be dedicated to that feature? Or is it one pin is dedicated per board and other pins are still available?
    Yes it is only temperature that can be used for onewire.
    The One wire only takes up one pin on the board and the others are available to be used for whatever you want.
    I would suggest using the mega and ethernet as this is the best way to get it remote from HS and if with the mega using the Ethernet shield there are still lots of pins available.

-Is that for a 1-wire bus (how many devices?) or 1 device?
    15 devices per bus per board.

-Is there a limitation to the type of Arduino used (Uno, Due, Mega,
    LilyPad...) of the 9 max?
    I would again suggest using the mega for the above reasons but if you need only a couple of pins in a remote location then I would say the Uno.
    I don't think the sketch would fit on a Lilypad but I have not tested this.
    I Again have not tested the Due but I think it is like a mega but runs at 3.3v and is faster but is you are running the standard sketch then there is no need for this.
    Yes there is a max of 9 boards.

I hope this helps.

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Working...
    X