Struggling to get MS100+ working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Struggling to get MS100+ working

I am struggling to get new MS100+ Sensor to connect to SEL.

Steps so far:

Upgraded z-wave to 3.0.1.184 (as recommend by others having challenge)

Have removed sensor and add 3 times. Consistent results. Did non-secure inclusion.

I see Root Device
    Home Security
    Battery.

When I try to connect in any way, I get: "Failed getting InterfaceStatus from Z-Wave - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed".

It does show blue light and motion for the first minute. Then no light. I have tried battery only, and connecting by micro usb.

Any ideas? Next step is to return as bad and try again.

thanks!

I had no problem for the first 2 MS100+ then the 3rd I had same issue (at 3.0.1.130), but it eventually added in non secure mode after a few more tries.

Comment

How far is the hardware from your Z-Wave interface when adding it?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I know this thread is old, but seems either this device won't create the battery device in hs4 or I've got a bad one.
        Also killed 2 batteries in 5 days.
        One of which was in the other one I bought.
        I'll have to get new batteries and pair up the other one and see what happens.
        So far, not impressed.

Comment

I am a newbie who is learning my way around a new HS4Pi hub and a few devices.

I successfully added an HS-MS100+ but on the device page I only see the "HomeSeer Motion Sensor" (root?) and "Motion". Only "Motion" is listed in the Features tab. I can create events based on the Motion status.

I would like to create events using the low battery notification and maybe a periodic email using the current level, but other than a "notification" level on the Z-Wave Settings page, I don't see any other reference to the battery level of this device.

Am I looking in the wrong place? Did something go wrong during the Inclusion process? Is there a more detailed user guide for this device so I know all the features I should expect?

BTW, I think the battery died in the first day. (This may be useful in debugging my problem, or letting you see how much of a newbie I really am :-).

Please point me in the right direction.

Bill deVries

Comment

Battery got added as a second child device. I did an non-secure add (single press) The bad news is it is stuck on motion otify and does not work. Good luck.

Comment

Replacement still fails in the same way. 3.0.2.0 zwave. It is not even heavy enough to be a good paperweight. It will be going back as well. Feels like a device to avoid.

Comment

Originally posted by rschein View Post
                Replacement still fails in the same way. 3.0.2.0 zwave. It is not even heavy enough to be a good paperweight. It will be going back as well. Feels like a device to avoid.
                Not impressed either. I bought 4 and only 2 worked. I returned them to the vendor and they were promptly replaced. Still, they're difficult to configure.

Comment

Working...
                X