www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Hardware > HS-MS100+ Motion Sensor

HS-MS100+ Motion Sensor Forum for HomeSeer HS-MS100+ Motion Sensor

Old May 26th, 2018, 07:48 AM
Seer Deluxe

Problem using sensor to control lights

I am on zwave .190 . I have no problem including the sensor in my zee. It does detect motion. However, it never resets to no motion.

I created an event - the time is 10 minutes after sunset and if the device has a value = motion detected, then turn on the stairs light. 10 minutes after sunset every night, the event is triggered, even if the motion detected was that morning. Is there something I am doing wrong.
Old May 26th, 2018, 09:55 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkomorow View Post
I am on zwave .190 . I have no problem including the sensor in my zee. It does detect motion. However, it never resets to no motion.

I created an event - the time is 10 minutes after sunset and if the device has a value = motion detected, then turn on the stairs light. 10 minutes after sunset every night, the event is triggered, even if the motion detected was that morning. Is there something I am doing wrong.
Can you post a pic of the event? Also this motion sensor has a timeout of 4 min. default before it sends a no motion signal. That timeout parameter can be set to pretty much any value other than 0. To get a reading and setting a value I kept pushing the button inside every couple of seconds. The sensor is set to the highest value for motion sensitivity. Might try putting that value in the middle range and try that.
Old May 26th, 2018, 10:05 AM
Seer Deluxe

Name:  Screenshot 2018-05-26 at 10.02.43 AM.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  65.5 KB
Old May 26th, 2018, 11:38 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
This event will fire every day at the specified time unless the motion sensor converts back to no motion. The sensitivity of the sensor may be too high. It is set to it's highest level as a default. Try setting the sensitivity to a mid range value and see if it goes back to no motion after 4 min (default). Remember this event will only fire normally if there is motion detected at exactly 10 min. after sunset. So you have a 4 min window around the time that is set with the "10 min after sunset" statement.
Old May 26th, 2018, 12:02 PM
Seer Deluxe

I will try that but, when the last event would have been when I came down the stairs at 5 AM, and it is 8:something PM, then the sensor should have reset sometimes in the 17 hours between. I am also going to connect it to a USB charger and reinclude it as a wired (not battery) device.

My expected behavior is the light goes on when I cross the first step; The sensor is pointing from the banister to a wall of the staircase, so it can not be triggered otherwise.
Old May 26th, 2018, 12:15 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
I will try that but, when the last event would have been when I came down the stairs at 5 AM, and it is 8:something PM, then the sensor should have reset sometimes in the 17 hours between. I am also going to connect it to a USB charger and reinclude it as a wired (not battery) device.

My expected behavior is the light goes on when I cross the first step; The sensor is pointing from the banister to a wall of the staircase, so it can not be triggered otherwise.
I would assume it would also but changes in light level (shadows) can trigger some sensors especially if they are maxed out for sensitivity. Not sure if this is one of those or not. Not sure how it will change it's functionality after using with charger. I have not tried that.