Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS and Paintball(??!!) Another creative use for HS

Greetings,

There's no question or issue here, I just thought I'd share an off-the-wall use of Homeseer.

Before I built my new house we used to play paintball on the vacant land. (we're all old 40+ year guys, but its still fun). I used up most of the playing area with my house, but I still had about an acre or so with trees and hills undisturbed by the construction.

So last month we started playing again on the acre area, and I decided to use HS to augment the game. I now have HS stating when the game should start, a timer for when it ends, and even team scoring.

I wired HS audio to my garage where I have an amp and large PA speakers that I can set outside.

I trained MS voice recognition to understand commands from a FRS walkie-talkie (that took a while).

I placed the other FRS radio near the HS PC microphone and speakers in Voice Activated mode so the FRS radio could autmatically transmit back any HS voice responses.

So, by talking into the FRS radio, I could tell HS to start the next game in X minutes (giving us time to walk out onto the field), and HS could announce a game countdown through the PA speakers. ("10 minutes remaining")

I also connected DS10A sensors to the flag poles (paintball is all about 'capture the flag') so that when a flag was pulled the PA system would announce that the flag was taken (like Unreal Tournament - for the younger geeks). HS: "The Red Team has the Flag".

I just thought I'd throw that out as an example of Homeseer's ability to do ANYTHING if you put your mind to it.

Steve C.

Great idea!

No hidden hawkeyes on the key trails now, that just wouldnt be right. LOL

Comment

Steve,
      How far is your Door and Window sensor from your RF receiver?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

FRS Radios for voice recognition?

Has anyone seen this? http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...h-results1.jsp

It is an adapter for your FRS radio to directly connect it to your PC. It is packaged for use with the DingoTel VoIP service, but I am curious if it will work without the service. Imagine the paintball games you could have!

Jeff
        Last edited by jboyes; October 6, 2005, 11:24 PM. Reason: Fixed the URL.

Comment

Rupp - the door and window sensors are about 125 to 150 feet away. I have a quarter wave RF antenna in my attic that provides amazing converage.

jboys - that toy is COOL. and its cheap! I'll have to think about a use for something like that so I can justify buying it.

Steve C.

Comment

I know.

Originally posted by swc69
            jboys - that toy is COOL. and its cheap! I'll have to think about a use for something like that so I can justify buying it.
            I know. I have been thinking the same thing. If I knew it would work with HomeSeer, I would buy it today!

Jeff

Comment

SWC69: That is really neat. When are you going to invite a Metamora MI HS fan to check it out?

Comment

Now you just need some cams to feed vid. To be reviewed later, of course!

Comment

Working...
                X