No announcement yet.

Wondering if there is any interest.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a Winzip command line that could be put into a batch files say 5 minutes after you run your Xcopy batch file.

http://www.winzip.com/prodpagecl.htm

Then 10 minutes later run another batch file to delete the destination of the original Xcopy.

~Bill

Comment

Rupp,

How about a separate executable so that you could shutdown and restart HS but also have a plugin component that communicates with the executable. That way you can have the guts running outside of HS (started up via the Startup folder?) and the plugin can be the configuration and management side of the program.

Also, that way you can have the plugin handle the HS event integration and even have some conditions and actions.

George

Comment

George,
        That's a good idea. I think I will release it as a seperate exe first get the bugs worked out and then convert it to a plugin.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

FWIW, PKZIP for Windows command line does a listfile operation - you create a file with the list of files to archive and feed it to the program. There may be other archivers that allow this. That way you can be selective about what you back up/archive even if you overcome the "open files" issues. I have not tested it against the various HS open files while in use.
          |
          | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show
          HiddenGemStudio.com - MaineMusicians.org - CunninghamCreativeMaine.website

Comment

Using the PKZIP for Windows GUI, I just successfully archived my entire HS directory and all subdirectories while HS and several plugins were running, which is:

No errors or messages logged
            6783 files
            215 folders
            843,499,443 bytes

to a ZIP file with a compression ratio 67.5%, giving me a 263MB (276,308,952 bytes) zip file on another local disk drive.

Took about a minute on my 900MHz Duron system.

This also included several MySQL and Access database files with MySQL running, as well.
            |
            | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show
            HiddenGemStudio.com - MaineMusicians.org - CunninghamCreativeMaine.website

Comment

Ok I'm about ready to release an alpha version. It runs stand alone and doesn't have any hooks into HomeSeer yet. It's simply a form that allows you to enter your target backup directory and files and directories to backup. The first time you run it you set up all the parameters. From that point on you can run it from the command line using the parameter backup. If anyone is interested in testing and helping me find bugs let me know and I'll give you an alpha version.
              Attached Files

Comment

New form picture

New form Picture.
                Attached Files

Comment

Jebus

I use
                  xcopy/s/y c:\shared\*.* f:\shared\
                  in a batch file and call it from HS

but just tried
                  xcopy C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\*.* f:\shared\
                  and get a message too many perimeters
                  I suspect it is something to do with the long file name?

Please could you tell me what is the significance of this line?
                  copy c:\homeseer\html\clock1.gif c:\homeseer\html\backup.gif

Thanks

Comment

xcopy /?

David,
                    I think your missing a switch.
                    Try xcopy /? from a command prompt, That will give you the switches for xcopy on your operating system.

That other line of code is for another script I run, Ignore it. Its just a clock image timestamp.....JG
                    3.0.0.548: HS3PRO - 3.0.5.10: AIAlert - 2.1.1.0: APIWeather - 2.0.64.0: BLBackup - 2.0.45.0: BLLAN - 2.0.37.0: BLRoombaWifi - 1.0.0.3: DevLog - 1.2.5.15: KeyPad - 3.0.2.25: NetCAM - 0.0.0.52: Pushover 3P - 3.0.0.5: SendVFD - 1.0.0.3: Tiles - 3.0.11.0: Z-Wave

Comment

Ok,
                      I think it's ready for some limited testing.

Comment

Hey Rupp, I would be happy to test it out and run it through it's paces. If interested, email me.
                        Visit My Home Seer Site at:
                        www.JohnWPB.com
                        Created with LCARS

Comment

xcopy

Jebus
                          Thanks for the reply
                          I have found if I use the short file name for program files
                          E.g. xcopy/s/y c:\progra~1\homeseer\*.* f:\hsbackup\
                          This works OK and copies all the files with HS running I think.
                          Unless someone knows better
                          Regards

Comment

Well BackeRupp is ready for alpha testing. Drop the dll in your windows/system32 directory and the exe where ever your choose. After you create a backup set name you can call the HSBackup.exe from a HS event and use the backup set name as an input parameter. This way you can have an event run some backups daily and others monthly or weekly. This is alpha so keep your other backup programs running until this has been thoroughly tested.
                            Attached Files

Comment

BackeRupp ! ?

So that is why you had to write this program. The name was just too darn irresistible!

Comment

Rocco! Thats PRICELESS! LoL! Bet you didnt even think of that one Rupp!
                                Visit My Home Seer Site at:
                                www.JohnWPB.com
                                Created with LCARS

Comment

Working...
                                X