No announcement yet.

HomeSeer Publicity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The J Rivers MusicLobby plugin comes in the MusicLobby installation files. The plugin was written by Cinemar, not by J Rivers. It was written to interact with J Rivers API.

It is INSTALLED to the J Rivers Plugins directory. It's installation is LAUNCHED from the MusicLobby download.

There is a version 8 and a version 9. You should be using version 9 only with either MediaCenter 10 or MediaCenter 11 beta.

Make sure you read the Cinemar forum posts on how to setup your MediaCenter Views so that when you start the MusicLobby plugin (installed within MediaCenter), that MediaCenter doesn't crash. VERY common problem that has answers. Look in the MusicLobby thread.

Comment

Thank you Smoothtlk. Got the plug-in installed.

Now this:

"A script in this movie is causing Macromedia Flash Player 6 to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive. Do you want to abort the script?"

Yeah, no kidding.

100% CPU (between MC and ML). Lockup. Ideas?

Jeez Louise.

Comment

mwhistle,
        JeffCharger: I like the price of the window sensor you're pointing to...is it the same as above?
        Yes, I believe they are the same.

Comment

Originally posted by smoothtlk

Make sure you read the Cinemar forum posts on how to setup your MediaCenter Views so that when you start the MusicLobby plugin (installed within MediaCenter), that MediaCenter doesn't crash. VERY common problem that has answers. Look in the MusicLobby thread.

Yep. Was necessary. Tried. Failed.

I'm starting to think MainLobby is beyond my capabilities (or patience).

Comment

Originally posted by mwhistle
            Yep. Was necessary. Tried. Failed.

I'm starting to think MainLobby is beyond my capabilities (or patience).

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Good Grief

Finally, I got MC/ML working.

Started this morning and didn't hit paydirt til 4:15. It's been awhile since I've felt so incompetent. Even after reading the Idiots Guide on the Cinemar forum I couldn't make it work.

After biting off the head of every human who dared cross my path, sending a flame to Smoothtlk, taking a long walk, taking a nap, and trying 6 more times - only then did I get relief.

Now, I'm going to pour myself a stiff one, listen to some music, adjust my attitude, and look at the screenshots from AcesssX10 to make sure I've configured things optimally (Thank you!).

Comment

Update #5

HSphone
                  It's working! End zone dance!! Krumpy, I followed your lead and swapped the modems. NetCallerID box is not required (so far). It feels *really good* to finally get this fixed. Ringers on the phones turned off. 100% reliable CID announcement. Complete control through HomeSeer. Motivation to proceed is cranked.

Airpanel
                  Received, installed (with some extra work), RDP concurrent sessions hack installed and working. More commentary later on the Airpanel (it's positive).

MainLobby
                  1) MusicLobby installed and working (J River MediaCenter installed and working, thanks to AcessX10 and the 30 minute man, aka Smoothtlk). More commentary later on J River Media Center (it's positive).

2) DVDLobby installed and working

3) Graphics: hang tight Fungun...now that the Airpanel is working and I'm over the HSphone issue, I'll be right on it. Where would you like to honeymoon?

4) As I've mentioned before, the HomeSeer MainLobby plug-in is installed and works incredibly well. I would have never even considered MainLobby without this plug-in!

Next Actions:

1) Install W800FR32A (Thanks, Martin, I received this on Saturday). Test snailmail with existing motion detector. If it fails, order magnetic door/window sensor and test, as per Rupp and JeffCharger.

2) Order Toshiba IKWB01A camera for ID'ing people that ring my doorbell, per Mario's suggestion. Stevech, I remain cautious with your comments. Open to more camera suggestions before I place the order. Installation location is a lowlight area.

3) MainLobby. Configure ML to pop-up CallerID. Graphics - more later.

4) Meeting with producer - 3/15

5) Botox/RestyLane - 3/22 (i'm not kidding, and more details than you perhaps want...it's what the girls have to do).

More adivice, please:
                  1) A HomeSeer + MainLobby graphic for ML scenes. Seems like I could at least have this on screen should it be filmed (and I think it will be).

2) W800RF32A - anything else really cool I should consider beyond smail mail. Don't use motion sensors since my loft is pretty small. Just looking for ideas...

3) Rauco's ROC Interface - want it badly, but Outlook has to be on the same machine as Homeseer. While I have a separate instance of Outlook (Outlook XP) on that machine, I don't use it. My main Outlook instance (2003) is on a separate machine where I'm running ML Server. Any way to sync Outlook between the two machines (don't have Exchange), or to mod Rauco's plug-in to look for Outlook on another machine on the network?

4) Outlook Text-to-Speech. I have NeoVoices on the HomeSeer dedicated computer. Can I use them on another computer? Like the one where I rely on Outlook? I'm looking for a rules-based, text to speech announce. Krumpy, are you hip to passing along your methodology for IM text-to-speech?"

I keep asking for support and I am still overwhelmed by the support I've encountered in this community.

You're clearly dedicated, as am I with this deadline looming. As an indication of my dedication, I passed on a personal dinner with craig of craigslist.org so I could stay focused on getting things done. Maybe my bad...I should've have him over, swapping out modems and stuff. Might've been a better story.

Comment

How about a DS10A for when you open or close a window?
                    Or maybe one in bathroom for Occupied / Unoccupied?
                    Tim
                    FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

Rich, Rick, Mario

From mwhistle
                      1) A HomeSeer + MainLobby graphic for ML scenes. Seems like I could at least have this on screen should it be filmed (and I think it will be).
                      Do you guys have any objections to your grafix being incorperated with mwhistle's grafix ?
                      Thanx
                      Tim
                      FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

High Quality Music Files

Most of my my mp3s are typical ripped CDs with individual songs in the 4ish mg range.

I have a collection of WAVs with individual songs in the 60mg+ range.

I think I'm spoiled. Having a hard time listening to the lower quality files...which is 90+ percent of what I have.

The difference is spectacular.

Anybody else with experience in this regard.

Comment

Regarding MS Messenger/Windows Messenger & HomeSeer integration - I could give you my MSIM Plugin but think that you should get everything else working first. Let's leave it as low priority, ok?
                          HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Good advice Krumpy. Probably not a 30 minute deal.

Fits with my current thinking to leave things as they are (they work well) and shelving MainLobby for a later time (post filming).

Comment

Originally posted by mwhistle
                              Most of my my mp3s are typical ripped CDs with individual songs in the 4ish mg range.
                              I have a collection of WAVs with individual songs in the 60mg+ range.
                              I think I'm spoiled. Having a hard time listening to the lower quality files...which is 90+ percent of what I have.
                              The difference is spectacular.
                              Anybody else with experience in this regard.
                              I used to rip with Real-player and Real-Jukebox, and the MP3 quality was poor. I switched to Exact-Audio-Copy, and setup the LAME MP3 encoder to the highest quality, and I can't distinguish the difference from the WAV.

There is a wide difference available in MP3 quality, from telephone quality to near-lossless. It's simply setting the encoder for what you want. There are also a few lossless compression algorithms, but I haven't tried any of them yet.

Comment

Lame

Thanks Rocco. I'm in the process of swapping out about 800 files right now using EAC/LAME.

Don't worry Krumpy. I'm doing this the easy way through family share and not consuming much time on my part.

Comment

Working...
                                X