X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marc,

http://www.yuanxing.net/5.asp
    And check the producer name stamped in the ABS Resin UL flame retardant  
    case with rating 94V-O under the magnelab label on the CT ;-)

Bert

Comment

Bert,
      Will this bundle work with the w800 receiver?
      http://www.wingsnwakes.com/product_d...=66&item_id=21
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp,

The W800 can receive only 32 bits and the U.S. W800 receives at 310MHz.
        The RFXMeter transmits 48 bits packets at 433.92MHz.
        Even the European W800 can't be used for the RFXMeter because this W800 receives also 32 bits.

So you need an RFXCOM receiver but this receiver brings you new possibilities because the RFXCOM 433.92MHz receiver can receive:
        - the signals from the Non-U.S. X10 lighting and Non-U.S. X10 security sensors,
        - Digimax, (European X10 thermostat)
        - KlikOn-KlikOff, NEXA, Domia Lite, ELRO AB600 (wall switches and remotes),
        - RFXSensor devices
        - RFXPower & RFXMeter devices,
        - ATI Remote Wonder & Remote Wonder Plus,
        - cent-a-meter / Electrisave,
        - Oregon Scientific sensors

The KlikOn-KlikOff, NEXA, Domia Lite and ELRO AB600 packets are translated in the receiver to X10 compatible commands.

The xAP plugin supports:
        - the Non-U.S. X10 lighting and Non-U.S. X10 security sensors,
        - Digimax, (European X10 thermostat) (not sure about this)
        - RFXSensor devices
        - Oregon Scientific sensors

The ACRF plugin supports:
        - the Non-U.S. X10 lighting and Non-U.S. X10 security sensors,
        - Digimax, (European X10 thermostat)
        - RFXSensor devices
        - Oregon Scientific sensors (will become available in the ACRF2)

Plug&Play charting software for use in Homeseer with the ACRF plugin is available at the end of this page http://www.rfxcom.com/downloads.htm
        Bert

Comment

Thanks Bert. You're as bad as I am about monitoring this BB. Do you know if there are any plans to ever develop a version that will work with the W800?

Comment

Rupp,

The first idea was to use 32 bits so that the W800 could receive the RFXMeter like the RFXSensor. But the number of bits available for the counter value is not enough.
            If the RFXSensor format was used we only would have 11 bits available for the counter. With this number of bits we could measure 2.048kWh and the counter will roll over to zero again so that is no option.

At this page you will find the big picture of all protocols supported http://www.rfxcom.com/rfxcom.htm
            The blue blocks indicate a translation of the received protocol to X10 format.
            The RFXCOM receiver must be used in Variable Length mode to receive the RFXMeter. In 32 bit mode (W800 compatible) it is not possible to receive the RFXMeter.

Bert

Comment

Originally posted by b_weijenberg View Post
              Marc,

http://www.yuanxing.net/5.asp
              And check the producer name stamped in the ABS Resin UL flame retardant  
              case with rating 94V-O under the magnelab label on the CT ;-)

Bert
              ROTFL ;-)

But I did check. There is _no_ "producer name" or other writing whatsoever under the Magnelab label in the SCT-1250-400 I checked. So maybe that particular one was made in Magnetech's/Manutech's off-shore manufacturing facility in Haiti ;-) (We all know that fewer and fewer things are actually manufactured in US, and that some offshore contractors overproduce what they are licenced to produce and sell for extra profit. )

So I still do not know, and have not been presented with any information to determine, whether yuanxing is a completely legitimate, contracted source for Magnelab and Manutech, or whether it is yet another copycat infringer. But for the US and Canadian code / regulatory issue I raised, it does not matter.

It is the current transformer with the Magnelab label that is Underwriters Laboratory recognized (UL /RU ). An inspector in my jusridiction would almost certainly say nyet to one without the label. That Magnelab is also ISO-9000 also doesn't matter.

Do y'all sell just the pulse-output V*I calculation module separately ?

List price on the Magnelab current transformer (and presumably the Manutech-labelled one) is about $46, so marrying a code-compliant CT to your electronics might be practical and solve the problem.

... Marc
              Last edited by hult; October 27, 2007, 04:37 PM. Reason: clarity

Comment

Here is cheaper Haiti CT http://www.ccontrolsys.com/products/current_trans.html for $42
                The CTS0750 and SCT0750 is equal to the CTS0191. (.75inch=19.1mm)

The CT doesn't have any direct contact with the power and therefore the isolation voltage is important when the CT or the cable runs along unisolated high voltage wires. With 5000Volts isolation voltage this is enough. But for power measuring you also need to measure the voltage and this needs a contact between the line voltage and the device. The RFXMeter uses therefore a UL power adapter.

I've tried to open http://www.econtrol.org/150A_CTinPanel.jpg but can't open your site.

Comment

Marc,

I'm not very concerned with the CT because like Bert said there is no contact with any live parts and it is an intrisically safe component.

I'm much more concerned with installing it, because in doing so one can damage more critical components in the service cabinet...

In fact, I'm not sure that AHJ would allow the installation of CTs in the service cabinet (Either UL, ULC, CSA approved or not) because, for example, an electrical panel acting as the service cabinet is approved as is. Installing CTs the way we're discussing here may void its certification altogether.

I'm an electrical engineer and I know enough to do this safely but this is not a project (in my opinion) that the average handyman should tackle on his own without consulting or hiring an electrician.

Also, I agree with you that the cost of buying this:

http://www.wingsnwakes.com/product_d...=66&item_id=27

just for monitoring power usage is overkill...

However, for somebody that already has the RFXCOM receiver like I do, the cost of buying the metering kit as an add-on is not astronomical...

Joel

Comment

Originally posted by b_weijenberg View Post
                    Rupp,

The first idea was to use 32 bits so that the W800 could receive the RFXMeter like the RFXSensor. But the number of bits available for the counter value is not enough.
                    If the RFXSensor format was used we only would have 11 bits available for the counter. With this number of bits we could measure 2.048kWh and the counter will roll over to zero again so that is no option.

At this page you will find the big picture of all protocols supported http://www.rfxcom.com/rfxcom.htm
                    The blue blocks indicate a translation of the received protocol to X10 format.
                    The RFXCOM receiver must be used in Variable Length mode to receive the RFXMeter. In 32 bit mode (W800 compatible) it is not possible to receive the RFXMeter.

Bert
                    Ok. I'm an electronics dummy so alot of this info mean nothing to me but let me get clarification on one point. If the RFXCOM receiver is in 32 bit mode will it still work with things like X10 motions sensors and the Door and window sensors?

Comment

over at cocoontech a guy posted
                      http://www.cocoontech.com/index.php?showtopic=8719&hl=

but he shows this link
                      http://www.controldepot.net/index.as...S&Category=804

are these devices that go around each 120v leg in the electric panel?
                      since I have the hobbyboards master hub I would need a different relay as he shows???
                      HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Rupp,

If the RFXCOM receiver is in 32 bits mode it does exactly what the W800 receiver does.

The 310MHz receiver in 32 bits mode:
                        Is 100% compatible with the W800.

And for the 433.92MHz receiver in 32 bits mode:
                        - Translates the signals received from Oregon Scientific temperature sensors into RFXSensor format.
                        - And it translates the received KlikOn, Domia etc signales into X10 signals. So an A1 On pressed on a Domia-Lite remote will be received by Homeseer as an X10 A1-On.

For the Visonic/SecureLinc receiver in 32 bits mode:
                        All received Visonic/SecureLinc security sensor and remote signals are translated by the receiver to comparable X10 sensor and remote signals.
                        So a Visonic door sensor signal is received by Homeseer as an X10 DS10 door sensor.

Electricity meter with LED:
                        If the electricity meter has a blinking LED that indicates the power usage then use the RFXMeter with a RFXPulse and an optical sensor.
                        http://www.rfxcom.com/sensors.htm#70095
                        http://www.rfxcom.com/sensors.htm#70091
                        Install this in the ACRF plug-in as a Custom meter and it runs.

As this blinking LED is free accesable there is no problem to install this configuration safely.
                        Only the optical sensor part is used in the Reflective-Optical sensor. It is also possible to use a photo-transistor and the open end cable.

Bert

Comment

Bert,
                          My question is can you use the same RFXCOM receiver for "all the goodies" as well as the electricity monitor at the same time or does this require separate receivers?

Comment

Rupp,

The RFXCOM receiver will receive all the "goodies" when in this modes:

In 32 bits W800 compatible mode
                            310MHz X10 receiver
                            - U.S. X10 lighting and U.S. X10 security
                            433.92MHz X10 receiver
                            - European X10 lighting and European X10 security
                            - RFXSensor
                            - KlikOnKlikOff,Domia Lite, NEXA, ELRO AB600
                            - Oregon temperature sensors
                            315MHz, 433.92MHz or 868.95MHZ Visonic receiver
                            - Visonic and SecureLinc sensors and remotes

In Variable Length RFXCOM mode
                            310MHz X10 receiver
                            433.92MHz X10 receiver
                            - RFXSensor
                            - KlikOnKlikOff,Domia Lite, NEXA, ELRO AB600
                            - All Oregon Scientific sensors
                            - Digimax
                            - RFXMeter and RFXPower
                            - ATI Remote Wonder
                            315MHz, 433.92MHz or 868.95MHZ Visonic receiver
                            - Visonic and SecureLinc sensors and remotes

To make it more difficult:
                            The RFXCOM USB and Ethernet interfaces can have 2 receivers inserted. This makes it possible to have for example a 310MHz receiver AND a 433.92MHz receiver in one interface. This configuration allows you to receive:
                            - RFXSensor
                            - KlikOnKlikOff, Domia Lite, NEXA, ELRO AB600
                            - All Oregon Scientific sensors (not YET supported by ACRF)
                            - cent-a-meter / Electrisave, (not supported by ACRF)
                            - Digimax
                            - RFXMeter and RFXPower
                            - ATI Remote Wonder (not supported by ACRF)

This is supported by the ACRF except where indicated.

Bert

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
                              over at cocoontech a guy posted
                              [http://www.controldepot.net/index.as...S&Category=804

since I have the hobbyboards master hub I would need a different relay as he shows???
                              Yes to your 1st question and I don't understand the other one.

Comment

Originally posted by fran_joel View Post
                                Yes to your 1st question and I don't understand the other one.
                                Thanks for replying... so
                                you say yes to

but didnt understand this...

so my more of a comment on this one is....
                                that I would need a different way to get the information from those devices in the panel...

so I would need a controller like he was showing.... but then what software?
                                1wire pull the values?
                                I dont know but this is something I have been looking for.. then the next part is am I allowed to have these in the electric panel????by code that is
                                HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Working...
                                X