mcsTemperature Version 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mcsTemperature Version 6

V6 of mcsTemperature replaces V5. V6 will be the supported version going forward. Prior discussion thread is at http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=116165. This is an incremental change with the primary difference giving the user the abilty to select the axis to be used on an individual sensor basis.

PR 643 6.0.2 Relay output changes are not logged as discretes to database
    PR 644 6.0.4 CSV wind direction angle not saved to Device Value correctly
    PR 645 6.0.7 Remove exclusion logic for zero data values
    PR 646 6.0.6 Discrete axis-specific labels missing and right opaque
    PR 647 6.0.6 Discrete Minutes-on not quantized correctly
    PR 648 6.1.1 Allow Calculations in "Calc/Bias" column
    PR 649 6.1.1 Allow user selection to include/exclude zero data values
    PR 650 6.1.2 Transition from group to graph looses settings
    PR 651 6.1.3 DS2408 does not function correctly as relay
    PR 652 6.1.3 Skew on Group Edit page columns starting at DC

----- above in updater -----

PR 653 6.1.4 Draw checkbox not honored on initial page draw
    PR 654 6.1.5 Debug code remains in 6.1.4
    PR 654 6.1.6 Improve tolerance for xml content in forecast download
    PR 655 6.1.11 DS2408 Relay outputs are inconsistent
    PR 656 6.1.13 Substitute decimal for expressions resolving to DeviceString contents
    PR 657 6.1.14 Allow use of & house code devices in expressions
    PR 658 6.1.25 Add conditional for weatherplug
    PR 659 6.1.26 Round rainfall counts after calibration rather than before
    PR 660 6.2.14 Add Temp08 1WIO support (Relay, Input, LED)

----- above in updater -----

PR661 6.2.21 Dont send 1WIO commands when Temp08 reporting
    PR662 6.2.22 Exclude group sort key prevents use of Group page
    PR663 6.2.24 Exclude house code "-" as possible Cal bias device
    PR664 6.2.25 Limit RLY and LED address to two digits
    PR665 6.3.4 Support Current Condition Icon paths from WeatherXML
    PR666 6.4.0 Dont modify device properties for Zwave devices
    PR667 6.4.3 Substitute decimal for expressions resolving to DeviceString contents

latest hspi_mcsTemperature.exe http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsTemperature643.zip
    Last edited by Michael McSharry; April 11, 2014, 10:09 PM.

I was about to whine that since installing this, my rain gauge wasn't counting. This is the first day it's rained since last month.
    Glad I didn't.
    I went up on the roof to tip the bucket to make sure and found the bug, a real bug, had built a coocoon right behind the tipper, preventing movement.
    Reminded me of this:
    http://www.jamesshuggins.com/h/tek1/..._bug_large.htm
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

I installed the old version from the updater, and noticed that even though I'm running PRO it created a new directory under the standard location. I took the v6 dll and dropped it in the root of hsPro and it seems to work OK. FYI I suppose.
      Plugins:
      BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

correction, maybe all is not well. I just saw this in my log:

10/23/2009 5:19:31 AM - Error - Initializing script run: File 'C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\scripts\mcsTemperatureActions.vb' not found.

is that related to the install in wrong directory?
        Plugins:
        BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

The mcsTemperature installer will place that file on your computer. There are many other files that also get installed at this time beyond the basic hspi_mcsTemperature.ocx. I have attached the .vb file here, but if you continue to have missing files then use the updater to install the files and then get the latest .ocx from the message board.
          Attached Files

Comment

The files aren't missing, they are in the directory that the installer created. I think it is because I'm running PRO and the installer was written before PRO existed maybe, or whatever, but it didn't install anything to the pro directory.

I'll play around with moving them manually, and report progress.
            Plugins:

Comment

When you run the mcsTemperature installer it prompts you for the install path. The default if for HS2 on C drive. You need to change it to your install location if it is not the default.

Comment

Small Bug with saving graph config

I have just updated 6.0.7 and have noticed that sometimes the selected "draw" option fails to defualt to draw when going to the graph. However there is no problem if manullay selected the graph draws ok.
                Attached Files

Comment

The segment of code that processes this information is below. The "iniValue" will be null when the checkbox is blank. If you have the setup to remember settings by IP then this will affect the result. What is in your mcsTemperature.ini file in the [ASP] group? Are you setup to retain setting by IP?

Code:
                  5270                  key = Replace(ors.fields("Location"), " ", "")
                  5310                  If SettingsByClient Then
                  5320                      iniKey = key & currentIP
                  5330                  Else
                  5340                      iniKey = key
                  5350                  End If
                  5360                  iniValue = hs.GetIniSetting("ASP", iniKey, "", TemperatureIniFile)

Comment

6.1.1 ExZero bug

Michael,

Regarding "PR 649 6.1.1 Allow user selection to include/exclude zero data values":

If none of the devices selected for a chart display have the ExZero checked then no graph will be displayed (the devices are unchecked on the chart page, despite being enabled for display on the Edit page.)
                    If at least one of the devices selected for a chart display has ExZero checked then the chart is displayed properly.

Here is how I discovered this: I have a 'Wind' group consisting of Wind Speed, Wind Gust and Wind Direction. I edited the group, unchecked the ExZero boxes for all three of these devices, updated and returned to graphs. No graph was displayed (these three devices were now unchecked.) Manually checking and re-drawing worked correctly, but the setting did not stick when switching between groups.
                    Best regards,
                    -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
                    Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

I am not able to reproduce the problem. The mcsTemperature.ini contains the group definitions in [Group] section. Can you post the group line after you have done your save without the ExZero checkboxes and then post it again after you draw your page where the data is missing.

Comment

Below are the entries in the ini after making the indicated edits to ExZero, 'updating' and then 'to graphs.'

Also, I just noticed that there's a problem with the columns on the Edit page: DC column is blank, DC's are under 'Sensor Name' and Name is under '1-Wire Address.'

<HR>

All 3 selected = Normal chart draw, normal table draw

Code:
                        Wind="None","LinTab","_33"0-0,"_34"0-1,"_35"0-1

<HR>

None selected = No chart draw, normal table draw

Code:
                        Wind="None","LinTab","_33"0+0,"_34"0+1,"_35"0+1

<HR>

1 of 3 selected = Normal chart draw, normal table draw

Code:
                        Wind="None","LinTab","_33"0-0,"_34"0+1,"_35"0+1
                        Best regards,
                        -Mark-

Comment

I re-read your post and here is the info you specifically asked for:

Before change
                          Wind="None","LinTab","_33"0-0,"_34"0+1,"_35"0+1

After save, before 'to graphs'

After 'graph draw' (no graph was drawn)

After manual re-enable & re-draw
                          Best regards,
                          -Mark-

Comment

While I could not exactly replicate what you are seeing I did see an issue and has been fixed in 6.1.2.

Comment

Thanks Michael. I'll check it out when I get a chance.
                              Best regards,
                              -Mark-

Comment

Working...
                              X