ISY Insteon 1.0.4.26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISY Insteon 1.0.4.26

This is Update version 1.0.4.26 of the ISY Insteon Plug-in.

This release begins the beta cycle for the next release. The next release will include support for Z-Wave devices managed by the ISY with the new (currently in alpha testing) Z-Wave module. At this point the changes to support the Z-Wave module are minimal (I.E. should be safe to move to this version). As I work to fully support Z-Wave devices, the changes to the plug-in will be more significant.

This is being released as an installation package that will update an existing installation of the plug-in to this version. It will re-use the your existing license key.

Installation
    1. Download the ISYInsteion-1.0.4.26.zip file
    2. Unzip the contents
    3. shutdown HomeSeer
    4. Run HomeSeerPluginISYInsteon_4_0_0.msi
    5. Restart HomeSeer

Updates since 1.0.4.0
    - Added ability to parse ISY Idle messages. This messages will generate the same trigger that the ISY not busy messages generate.
    - The thermostat status web page now correctly sets the set point ranges based on the units the thermostat is using.

Updates since 1.0.4.1
    - Added a couple of new Insteon devices to the known device list.
    - Changed the way program information is requested when the ISY notifies the plug-in of a change. This should be much faster and put significantly less load on the ISY.
    - Verified plug-in works with ISY 3.3.10 firmware

Updates since 1.0.4.2
    - Fixed IOLinc sensor status. The HomeSeer device was not registering when the sensor was on.

Updates since 1.0.4.3
    - Fixed a bug introduced in the 1.0.4.3 where program commands would stop working after any program change made on the ISY.

Updates since 1.0.4.4
    - Fixed a bug where certain types of updates coming from the ISY could cause the plug-in to crash.

Updates since 1.0.4.5
    - Fixed a problem with scene type devices. They were not property displaying the both on and off selections in the device control menu.
    - Fixed a problem with scene type devices when used with HSTouch. Sending dim or bright commands from HSTouch could cause the plug-in to get stuck waiting for scene status updates. In some cases this can cause HSTouch clients to lose contact with the HSTouch server.

Updates since 1.0.4.6
    - Added preliminary support for ISY firmware 4.0 and above. The primary difference is that now the ISY sends new control messages corresponding to the messages that devices send when, primarily this when devices like switches send On/Off/Bright/Dim/etc. commands. Previous ISY firmware versions embedded this information in a different type of message. There should be no change in functionality because of this.
    - Added very preliminary support for Z-Wave devices. They will show up and should be controllable. This is very limited and the not yet complete.
    - Fixed a bug introduced in 1.0.4.1 when speeding up the response to program changes. The change broke two other areas; 1) The Re-Sync command would reset the program key, breaking the ability to send program commands from the plug-in and 2) when reconnecting after a dropped network connection with the ISY, the program key would be set to blank, also breaking the ability to send program commands from the plug-in.
    - Added ability to recognize new Insteon devices as of February 22nd.

Updates since 1.0.4.7
    - Fixed a bug in the button control implementation. Buttons that control scene type devices could end up in an infinite loop if the scene did not change state appropriately.

Updates since 1.0.4.8
    - Fixed a bug in the scene status functions. Only scenes where all the devices were set to the same on-level were detected. Now the status should be calculated correctly for all scenes.

Updates since 1.0.4.9
    - Fixed a bug in the code that validates HomeSeer devices and ISY devices are in sync. It would erroneously think that thermostat devices were not in sync and send commands to try an synchronize them. This could result in the thermostat getting switched off.

Updates since 1.0.4.10
    - Enabled support for the ZigBee Brultech energy monitors. These seem to be handled a bit different from the non-ZigBee monitors. The plug-in will now create a separate HS device for each monitoring channel.
    - Fixed issue with ISY variable support. Previous versions of the plug-in were ignoring the hs.SetDeviceValue() calls to change the value of a variable. These functions are no longer ignored and will send commands to the ISY to update the variable's value.

Updates since 1.0.4.12
    - Ignore trigger messages from the ELK module. Since the plug-in doesn't yet do anything with those messages, no reason to log them. The ELK module can generate a lot of messages cluttering up the log.
    - Fixed bug in Weather, Energy, and Variable triggers. If a trigger was created for any of those devices, it would always fire, regardless of the condition. Now they should only fire if the condition is true.

Updates since 1.0.4.13
    - Fixed bug in variable control. Previous fix would only allow the variable to be set once using hs.SetDeviceValue().

Updates since 1.0.4.14
    - Added full/better support for leak sensor and door sensor.

Updates since 1.0.4.15
    - Made ISY message parser recognize new messages related to z-wave and electric utility meter. No action is taken for these messages, but these will no longer log parse errors.

Updates since 1.0.4.16
    - Plug-in now recognizes latest Insteon devices, including the new dual-band keypadLinc dimmer.

Updates since 1.0.4.17
    - Improved support for Z-Wave devices, Locks in particular.
    - Updates to support the new HAM based weather module.
    - Improvements in error handing in various parts of the plug-in.

Updates since 1.0.4.21
    - Try to handle program query failures better.
    - Recognize USRNUM and BATLVL messages to remove the parse failure messages. These messages are still being ignored for now.

Updates since 1.0.4.22
    - Added minimal support for z-wave thermostats. This is mostly to prevent the plug-in from failing when a z-wave thermostat is present.
    - Verified functionality with ISY firmware versions up to 4.3.1

Updates since 1.0.4.23
    - Renamed "Insteon Thermostats" to "Thermostats" since both Insteon and Zwave are shown.
    - Don't show other z-wave devices as thermostats (like multi-level sensors).

Updates since 1.0.4.24
    - Trap errors when processing ISY system events to prevent plug-in crash.

Updates since 1.0.4.25
    - Programs were not being ignored when filtered from HomeSeer. Trying to update information on filtered programs would crash the plug-in (pre 1.0.4.25) and generate errors with 1.0.4.25. This version correctly ignores those programs that have been filtered.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bpwwer; July 28, 2015, 10:10 PM. Reason: Release 1.0.4.26
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Install error

Tried 3 times too install 1.0.4.1 an error comes at the very end of the install.

"Error1001. Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Comment

Sorry about that. It was a bug in the installer. I just replaced the zip file with a new version that should work fine.

Originally posted by hoods View Post
      Tried 3 times too install 1.0.4.1 an error comes at the very end of the install.

"Error1001. Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
      --
      Bob Paauwe
      ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

We are good now. Thank You

Comment

Version 1.0.4.2 released. See first post for list of changes.
          --
          Bob Paauwe
          ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Version 1.0.4.6 released. See first post for details.
            --
            Bob Paauwe
            ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Hi Bob, thanks for looking at this. I think I've got a better understanding of how this will work now. I can't extract the zip file that is posted. I receive the zip file is invalid.

Thanks.

Comment

"Version 1.0.4.6" Broken - will not unzip!!

Comment

Sorry about that. The zip file was fine but something happened to it when uploaded. I've re-uploaded it and checked it so it's good now.
                  --
                  Bob Paauwe
                  ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Hi Bob,
                    I upgraded my ISY-99i to an ISY-994i and installed the v1.0.4.6 plug-in. Since then, the plug-in has been gnerating Parse Errors as shown below.

Note device 0E.60.26, 13.E8.78, 14.5B.46 are 2420 Motion Sensors. I've tried deleting and readding the devices but no luck.

2/24/2013 10:03:09 AM - ISY Insteon - COMM: Parse failure: <Event seqnum="16156" sid="uuid:31"><control>DON</control><action>0</action><node>E 60 26 1</node><eventInfo></eventInfo></Event>

2/24/2013 10:02:31 AM - ISY Insteon - COMM: Parse failure: <Event seqnum="16117" sid="uuid:31"><control>DON</control><action>1</action><node>13 E8 78 1</node><eventInfo></eventInfo></Event>

2/24/2013 10:03:16 AM - ISY Insteon - COMM: Parse failure: <Event seqnum="16158" sid="uuid:31"><control>DON</control><action>1</action><node>14 5B 46 1</node><eventInfo></eventInfo></Event>

Comment

Originally posted by clicata View Post
                      Hi Bob,
                      I upgraded my ISY-99i to an ISY-994i and installed the v1.0.4.6 plug-in. Since then, the plug-in has been gnerating Parse Errors as shown below.
                      Looks like you also upgrade (or it came with) ISY firmware 4.0.1. That firmware version isn't supported yet by the plug-in.

However, those messages just mean that the ISY is sending messages that the plug-in can't parse. Those message are new as of firmware 4.0.1 and are actually providing the same information as other messages that the can be parsed. So other than the messages showing up in the log, there isn't any other impact to your normal operation.

I've started working with firmware 4.0.1 and will have a version of the plug-in available that handles these messages and any other issues caused by the new firmware.
                      --
                      Bob Paauwe
                      ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Uploaded version 1.0.4.7. See first post in this thread for details on the changes.
                        --
                        Bob Paauwe
                        ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Upload error message. Unable to unzip1.04.7 !

Comment

Thanks hoods! The file was OK on my end but didn't get uploaded correctly. It took a really long time to upload so I should have suspected that something might have happened.

I just uploaded it again an checked that this one is works.

Originally posted by hoods View Post
                            Upload error message. Unable to unzip1.04.7 !
                            --
                            Bob Paauwe
                            ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Folder Structure Not Updating

If I add devices to folders on my ISY-994i the plugin doesn't seem to recognize their locations until I restart HS. Same is true if I add a new folder. ISY Plugin version 1.0.4.7 firmware version 3.3.10

Comment

Working...
                              X