Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firmware Feature requests for HS Switches/Dimmers

Mark
    It looks like there are a couple of tweaks that we would appreciate being added in a future FW updates for the WD/WS100+ switches

1. HS3 to update WD/WS status based on being controlled by ZWave association

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=181646

2. HS3 to update WD/WS status based on being controlled by ZWave All-On / All-Off commands

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=182218

Thanks for considering this

James
    cheeryfool

Enhancement for Instant Status

Just to add to the future firmware feature request list ... (post 5.14)

I would really like to see an enhancement to the ZWave instant status reported by the dimmers. Currently the switches and dimmers report CENTRAL_SCENE commands for any manual interaction with the physical switch. A HAIL command or some REPORT notification would offer an enhancement to the instant status feature by reporting the actual dimmer value both after a local (manual) control and a remote control operation. Also either delaying the notification until the dimmer has reached its target setpoint or sending multiple notifications as the dimmer value is transitioning to its final setpoint would be a huge benefit and could help eliminate or reduce the need for polling.

Some other ZWave devices offer reporting specific association groups where reporting information is sent if the association is configured for the device.

Thanks, Robert

Comment

Originally posted by savageautomate View Post
      A HAIL command or some REPORT notification would offer an enhancement to the instant status feature by reporting the actual dimmer value both after a local (manual) control and a remote control operation.
      I second the HAIL or similar type of reporting notification due to a remote control operation sent to the unit. Would be MUCH better then the polling I'm having to do right now.

Thanks!

Comment

The polling seems to work fine, why are you concerned about the polling? Do you see a problem? There are still some patents on the Hail, so we cannot do that right now.

As for sending out status when the switch is sent an all on/off, are you sending this command from another controller? Ideally, HS should be the only system controlling the devices. I doubt many users are using remotes, we could not give them away!

I certainly don't want to add any features that only a couple of users would want, it has to be something really useful for everyone.

Originally posted by PoZoWo View Post
        I second the HAIL or similar type of reporting notification due to a remote control operation sent to the unit. Would be MUCH better then the polling I'm having to do right now.

Thanks!
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
          The polling seems to work fine, why are you concerned about the polling? Do you see a problem? There are still some patents on the Hail, so we cannot do that right now.

As for sending out status when the switch is sent an all on/off, are you sending this command from another controller? Ideally, HS should be the only system controlling the devices. I doubt many users are using remotes, we could not give them away!

I certainly don't want to add any features that only a couple of users would want, it has to be something really useful for everyone.

Rich

Not sure if this is related or not, but when I control the dimmer version with a Cooper RF9500 battery switch via association, the control works, but the status of the dimmer never updates in HS3

Is there a tweak that can be made for that?

Cheers
          James
          cheeryfool

Comment

Add HS to the association on the rf9500.

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
            Rich

Not sure if this is related or not, but when I control the dimmer version with a Cooper RF9500 battery switch via association, the control works, but the status of the dimmer never updates in HS3

Is there a tweak that can be made for that?

Cheers
            James

Comment

Add HS to the association on the rf9500.

Yes, the RF9500 already has associations with the Central Scene of the WD100 and HomeSeer on Group 1, but it doesn't update the status of the WD100
              cheeryfool

Comment

Right, it will only update the RF9500 device in hs. In this case, adding polling to the WD100 will keep it up to date.

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                Yes, the RF9500 already has associations with the Central Scene of the WD100 and HomeSeer on Group 1, but it doesn't update the status of the WD100

Comment

Comment

You can achieve the desired result by using an HS-WS100+ switch. It only does On/Off, but still reports all the same scenes as a WD100. Here are the default status values that were built on one of my HS-WS100+ switches after installing it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HS-WS-100scenes.png
Views:	1
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	1186986

Comment

Thanks, jhearty. Yes, that does make sense. I was just hoping to repurpose the existing dimming switches & status LEDs when we upgrade to smart LED bulbs. Thanks for the fast response!

Comment

Control time for double / triple tap

Please allow a configuration parameter to control the time interval used to detect a double tap and/or a triple tap. This would all a longer time for older people and in particular when using a multi tap to set modes such as bed time - when the user is not vary alert.

Comment

When you have numerous switches (eg, WD100+ or WS100+), the debate about polling and how often gets political. Let's just say why add that extra amount of network traffic - albeit maybe low depending on the person's beliefs on frequency and number of switches - when you do not need to? I get that the whole patent thing makes life complicated. However, I just tried Zooz ZEN dimmers and they appear to report instant status from non-local control - though I'm not sure if those Willis Electric designed units pay for status patent licensing?

As for using remotes... my users are still old school and like having stand alone remotes (secondary controllers) as an option. If you have ones you'd like to give away... send them to me!

Comment

I'd like to see the ability to disable the indicator LEDs on the dimmer. Why? Aesthetics. I don't want a bunch of cool-white LEDs cluttering up my walls all evening. But how will you know what dim level you're at, you ask? I can tell by evaluating the amount light the actual lights put out!

Apparently the original behavior of these switches was to turn off the indicator lights after a certain amount of time since the last adjustment was made. This was changed in firmware to be lit all the time. Why not just make it an option so folks who like it either way will both be happy?

Comment

We are looking at some changes to better control the LEDS, which will do what you want. Will post more when we finalize.

Originally posted by hoffsta View Post
                              I'd like to see the ability to disable the indicator LEDs on the dimmer. Why? Aesthetics. I don't want a bunch of cool-white LEDs cluttering up my walls all evening. But how will you know what dim level you're at, you ask? I can tell by evaluating the amount light the actual lights put out!

Apparently the original behavior of these switches was to turn off the indicator lights after a certain amount of time since the last adjustment was made. This was changed in firmware to be lit all the time. Why not just make it an option so folks who like it either way will both be happy?

Comment

Working...
                              X