WATER LEAK - Web Site and Updater Status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WATER LEAK - Web Site and Updater Status

We had a water leak in our basement and they need to tear out some stuff in my office so my web site and plugins in the updater will be down today until I can get home and move the machine to another room
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Gads! The worst kind of construction on your home is the kind you didn't plan on! Brand new house too. Home owner's insurance claims are always a PITA. Had to deal with that in the fall when 25% of a tree decided it would be more cozy in the roof of my shed than where it had been living for the past 80 or so years. Good luck.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Hopefully there's some kind of new build warranty in Ontario.

When we were at the closing for our current house (not new) it started raining and 24hrs later when it had washed out about 10" of snow, we had water across about 50% of the finished basement. Wasn't much recourse there unfortunately.
      cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
        Hopefully there's some kind of new build warranty in Ontario.

When we were at the closing for our current house (not new) it started raining and 24hrs later when it had washed out about 10" of snow, we had water across about 50% of the finished basement. Wasn't much recourse there unfortunately.

Finishing basements is tricky at best. It's a specialty of mine. That said, if I ever for some reason build myself a new house I won't have a basement at all. It's just too risky.
        Originally posted by rprade
        There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Yes the builder is taking care of it. What a pain in the ***!!
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

The web site and plugins should be available again.
            I do not have access to my development machine right now so I cannot work on help desk tickets at the moment. I hope it will not be long
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

The builder has now decided that he is not proceeding any further so I have had to contact my insurance.

I will try and setup my development machine so that I can access it for fixing issues with plugins. Going to be tricky because the basement is a mess right now

I am not ignoring help desk tickets... I just cannot do anything with the source code right now.
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

It has been a fight but Tarion warranty has come through and has told the builder they will be covering the damage and fixing the basement. The builder is reluctantly accepting responsibility LOL

My basement is still in shambles and I still do not have access to my development machine in order to fix issues and add features. I am going through withdrawal
                I am usually on it multiple times a day doing some programming so this is killing me.

I apologize for not getting back to you on any issues. As soon as I get back into my office I will be back on the issues.
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

Working...
                X