X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't find HAWizard Download

Hi all,

I'm trialing homeseer and it looks nice but I want to download some basic stuff to a cm11. Seen all the references to HAWizrd but their website is bombing on attempting to download. Does anyone know where else I can get a trial of this?

I'm on holiday soon and I really want a bit of light security running whilst I'm away.

Any help getting a download to my CM11 would be great.

Cheers
    Dave

Try www.hawizard.com

Good luck !
    Neil
    Newmarket Ontario

Comment

Thanks for the reply but unfortunately the download doesn't work from their site. All I get is page not found.

Can anyone email me this file ? Or provide an alternative link ?

Many thanks
      Dave

Comment

I think this is the correct piece of software:
        Attached Files
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp, you are a star. Thanks for the file I was getting worried as I really wanted to give this a go b4 tuesday.

Appreciate your post(s)

Cheers
          Dave

Comment

Well, you have the file...but good lock getting it to work. The general concensus seems to be that Homeseer "broke" the download ability of HA Wizard in an update to Homeseer months ago.

Comment

Not broken that we know of, but in a future release the HAWizard software support will be removed from the configuration UI and will be removed from the software. Why? Because HAWizard does not appear to be around anymore! Somebody (Mr. Sargeant?) correct me if I am wrong.
              Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Can't the functionality be duplicated? Does anyone have spces on the CM11A that would allow the download function to be coded directly within HomeSeer.

I would to volunteer to write code but I am still wondering how useful it is. I believe it to be quite useful for simple X10 actions for people that do not run HomeSeer 24/7 but that doesn't apply to me.
                Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                My Hardware & Software

Comment

I have it registered but rarely used it just because I don't like it and because it's license is "bond" to the machine so if I have to swith servers in an emergency I will have a weak piece in the chain here.

Anyway I think a very good utility for this plugin should be for a watchdog for the HS machine: Just updating each hour (configurable) an event to, one hour later, switch off and off a appliance module attached to the HS machine.

One step forward: If we can update, easy, the interface from an event it can be great!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mario:
                    I think a very good utility for this plugin should be for a watchdog for the HS machine. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Now THAT'S a great use of the memory inside a CM11A. If HomeSeer doesn't talk to it, say, once every five minutes, the CM11A turns an appliance module OFF and then ON (or it does any other procedure that you download).

Comment

WOW! Talking about missing out on the obvious. EXCELLENT idea Mario. How much is this app?

Comment

Rupp, you don't need the HAWizard to do this. Just use Active Home to program the CM11A.

I'm sure Active Home can program the CM11A just as well as HAWizard. You can just create the necessary devices / virtual devices in active home, load them into the CM11A (with HS shut down so the com port will be open) and never have to use active home again (unless you let the batteries in the CM11A die).
                        John
                        Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
                        Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
                        HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
                        Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

Good idea John. Man you would have thought I just started this hobby yesterday.

Comment

OK guys - here is the scoop on this entire Download/HA Wizard issue.

Firdt - Mr Sargent may be hiding, but if so, it's only from all the un-deserved flak from (us) with no help whatsoever from HS on this (They never bothered to evven tell HIM that this was comming down!). WHat's coming down? Read!
                            I don't know where in these forum I found this little tidbit but I'm sure you will easily with a search: "After version 1.(6?).xx, Home Seer will no longer support the download feature". About 6 months ago it dissappeared from the tools menu if you will remember. HOMESEER WILL NOT COMMENT ON IT AT ALL NOW!!!

The whole thing sucks! $30 or so for a third party plugin that used to work with a $100 or so app. that the MANUFACTURER of all people, BREAKS! Jeez, noone seems to coplain about all the half completed, buggy, negadocumentationed (that means shitty or NO doc files acompanying a application) dragging HS down and crashingg it alltogether sometimes.

Did somebody say use x10's tool to do the same (load up the CMA11)? Or express concern about using up a CMA11 memory? Do you know how many commands per sayt that thing will hold?

For that matter - do you know where to get that application that exports Homeseer macros/events into Home Control and then programs the CMA11 to somehow do the same thing as the download option we lost?

I personally HAD a setup where my macros/Events were running WHENEVER needed from the CMA11 (power out, trying to cut util. bills.... You know - kind of why they built it IN THE FIRST PLACE - how Homeseer utilized the download option and HA wizard was born and, and, sand....

Amazing - they can't for to save their own life correct powered.jpg (LOL) but they can have a meeting and decide to remove a perfectly fine application minding it's own business.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            I should have known better when I first saw their artwork!

HomeSeer WILL reimburse me for my time and frustration in addition to the cost of the plugin. Not having (YET!!!) to even ANNOUNCE this mess puts them in an awkward position in front of the man in robes. Who runs this company anyway. Love to meet the kid someday.

Oh, in case you didn't know, I have told several threads about this situation and the Seer guys don't know or comment beans, and of course you all know now after my carotoid arteries exploded two paragraphs ago that Homeseer has been a big help or come clean.

Now - anyone want to get into the print situation? Seen a good controller label lately? ROTF!

Comment

jamroc,
                              Many plugins and script quit working when the HS product went from the 1.6v to 1.7v. It was the developers of plugins responsibility to upgraded their plugin. Who ever wrote the plugin is supposed to provide support, according to the SDK support documentation, both on the BB and via email. This plugin isn't even in the updater so that should have been a sign that it was not well supported. In addition, the web site for downloading the app is down more than it's up. Lastly the developer has, as far as I know, rarely if ever responded to questions concerning the plugin. So with this in mind I would be directing my frustration toward the developer of the plugin and not HST.

Comment

Working...
                              X