New Echo Dot 2 No devices found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Echo Dot 2 No devices found

New Dot2, connected, skill learned, but will not find any devices.
    Do devices have to have all three states ON/OFF/DIM ?
    Will a simple ON/OFF light not work or be discovered?
    Will it not find or allow you to run events as the example in the Echo Dot announcement shows?
    I've seen others talk about tricks with virtuals, but do we know if the api will be expanded to things like LOCK or run event if it isn't supported?
    Is this an Amazon issue, MYHS issue, or heaven forbid a user issue?

I bought this for the sole purpose of using with HS3, and it can't find any devices or do anything, oh wait, it did tell me it was raining when I asked about the weather...DUH, I could hear it on the roof.
    Thank you for any suggestions or answers in advance.

My DOT2 (arrived today) is working properly with the devices that I have already discovered with my Original Echo, but I am not able to discover any new devices that I want to add for the DOT2.

Not sure what is wrong!

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Originally posted by Jh308 View Post
      New Dot2, connected, skill learned, but will not find any devices.
      Do devices have to have all three states ON/OFF/DIM ?
      Will a simple ON/OFF light not work or be discovered?
      Will it not find or allow you to run events as the example in the Echo Dot announcement shows?
      I've seen others talk about tricks with virtuals, but do we know if the api will be expanded to things like LOCK or run event if it isn't supported?
      Is this an Amazon issue, MYHS issue, or heaven forbid a user issue?

I bought this for the sole purpose of using with HS3, and it can't find any devices or do anything, oh wait, it did tell me it was raining when I asked about the weather...DUH, I could hear it on the roof.
      Thank you for any suggestions or answers in advance.
      Check to make sure that you have voice control enabled on the devices you want discovered.

Comment

Voice is enabled

I do have voice enabled, just so others won't make my silly mistake. At one time I had Enable remote access through MyHomeSeer service enabled, but after moving my HStouch apps to direct via my own DDNS, I guess at somepoint I removed the check. SO, if you are having my problem, check settings, network, and make sure Enable remote access through MyHomeSeer service is still checked and you may not feel as silly as I do.

Comment

Working...
        X