Can't Get Events To Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Get Events To Run

I am unable to get any of my events to run. When I say "Alexa, tell Homeseer to run event XXXXX" all I get is a faint beep from my Echo Dot. It seems that the Dot is interpreting my command OK and understands any event name I ask it to run, but it always responds with the faint beep and no events run.

I have no problems turning devices on or off with my Echo, it's just that events don't run.

Any suggestions on what I might be missing?

I had this issue, so tried a different method.

I created phrase recognition.
    IF The phrase 'Good Night' was recognized.

I then have that event run a manual event, actually two manual events.
    one turns off all lights in the house
    the other locks all doors in the house

So when I say Alexa, Tell Homeseer Goodnight, she responds Ok running Goodnight.

Another method I am using is a virtual trigger device. An example would be create a virtual device called Visitors. Then have change of value events that run. This allows:

Alexa, turn on Visitors.

the event sees the device Visitors turn on and performs the actions, one of which it so reset the trigger to off, or you could tell Alexa to turn it off and monitor that status change to carry out more actions

Hope this helps

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions.

It seems Alexa has recognizes all my phrases and event names without any problem, it's just that the events don't run. Something seems to be lacking between the Echo and Homeseer. It would be nice to identify where the breakdown occurs and get it to work like it should.

Comment

I figured it out. I had the Homeseer Smarthome Skill installed but did not have the Homeseer Home Automation Skill (API) installed. I didn't realize there were two things to install in the Alexa app.

Comment

I just got an Echo Dot.
          Can you run both HomeSeer "Skills" at the same time? or does it have to be one or the other?

Comment

ok, answered my own question.
            When I posted, it wasn't logging on for some reason.

But they are both working together now.

Comment

Working...
            X