This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS Touch - Remote Server Problem

I am unable to connect to my Homeseer using my iPhone 4 and 3G (Remote Server mode). It works local (wiFi). I tried reloading from HS Touch to the iPhone. Also, I am able to log into Homeseer from a remote computer (not on my local network) - so it appears I have the correct IP and port info.
    It was working on my iPhone 3G - never worked on the iPhone 4.
    Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks,

Alan

Because you can connect remotely to homeseer's web server, it doesn't mean that you can connect to the hstouch server. You need to make sure that the port 10200 is open on your router/firewall. I know you say that you had it working in the past so maybe you already check this, but I thought I'd bring it up just in case.
    - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
    Web Site
    YouTube Channel

Comment

Thanks for your reply Tom. I'll check my ports when I get home. I believe I created a different port other than 10200. Does that make sense (is that possible)? I can't remember (getting old sucks). Is that the 'Server Port:' in web settings? Or, is the HS Touch server configured somewhere else? Boy, I feel dumb right now.

Comment

I don't believe that there is an option to change this -- At least I didn't see it in the web interface or the .ini file.
        Last edited by tpchristian; August 10, 2010, 07:27 PM.
        - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
        Web Site
        YouTube Channel

Comment

Tom - You are the MAN. I looked again at my iPhone config settings for Remote and Local. Local was set to 10200. Remote was set to my port for access to HS from a computer. Changed Remote to 10200 and 'presto' it works!!!

Thanks!!!

Comment

Working...
          X