X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ImperiHome Plug-in - Feature Requests

Please use this thread to ask for new features
    Last edited by spud; October 12, 2016, 12:05 PM.

Support for ceiling fans. It took me 6 months to get ImperiHome to support the ones on the vera (via the isy plugin on the vera)!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm guessing that ceiling fan may fall under multi choice actuator.

Comment

Hi spud,

Looking great so far. Very easy to setup and configure. Here are my feature requests:

- Events and devices are mixed together. Some way to separate them.
        - Whitelist for which events and devices to make visible. With over 2200 events & devices, the lists view is pretty big and most of them I don't need to be visible.
        - support for multiple user accounts each with their own whitelists so that I can give my wife and kids access to only certain devices
        - fire/smoke alarm as one of the security devices

Thanks in advance!
        Al
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
          Support for ceiling fans. It took me 6 months to get ImperiHome to support the ones on the vera (via the isy plugin on the vera)!!

Fans seem to work, the only issue I see is that a lamp icon is displayed instead of a fan icon. Was that the issue with Vera as well?

Cheers
          Al

Comment

Would also like to see support for flood/water sensors.

Thanks
            Al

Comment

I don't think the fans showed up originally because of their device type in the vera. For the vera, ImperiHome wrote native support for their communication instead of using the iss api. They did support ceiling fans but not the ones from the vera isy plugin.

I would also like them to work as ceiling fans though because its easier to hit high, med, low or off instead of dealing with a slider.

Comment

Not sure you can do this, but on the vera, ImperiHome wrote a vera plugin that let you send tts (not really needed) where the android device did the tts, and more importantly you could turn on the screen of the tablet and turn to a specific page from the vera.

The latter part would be awesome. For instance, some one turns on the bathroom light and the tablet turns on and returns to the default page.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                  Hi spud,

Looking great so far. Very easy to setup and configure. Here are my feature requests:

- Events and devices are mixed together. Some way to separate them.
                  - Whitelist for which events and devices to make visible. With over 2200 events & devices, the lists view is pretty big and most of them I don't need to be visible.
                  - support for multiple user accounts each with their own whitelists so that I can give my wife and kids access to only certain devices
                  - fire/smoke alarm as one of the security devices

Thanks in advance!
                  Al
                  Your problem is with imperihome not Spud. And to fix your problem you need to stop using the list view in imperihome and use dashboard view. You can do alot of nice things in dashboard view. you can even lock it. So for your wife and kids you add what you need only and then lock it that way. Dashboard you make pages and you can use shortcuts between pages to go to the next or you can swipe (if you have it turned on). You also add the device to the page so if you don't want one then don't add it. You can make a page only for scenes, you can make one per room in the house or what ever. I have over 50 pages with 3 houses( different controllers) in one imperhome app.

I created a tier setup. main page or first page has 3 locations with custom icons one for each house. If I click on house it is a short cut to a master page of just that house. In the bottom right of every page I put a back arrow to go back to the master. So I can click on say my vacation house then I have listed everyroom (you can do it by device if you like) then click that room and in it is everydevice I choose for that room. Bottom right is a back to go to the master page for that house. Bottom right of the master page of that house is a back button that takes me back to the home page with the 3 houses.

Hope this makes sense but to me LIST view sucks and I have way to many devices to make it useful.

You can lock in dasboard view also all is in the settings.

Also I have had imperihome add local wifi for multiple locations since I have 3 houses all with their own wifi each controller has a separate local wifi setting so it know when to use local IP vs. remote.

I have been using Imperihome for years on VERA and been part of their beta testing forum. I'm very happy to see this plugin coming along as I move from VERA to HomeSeer.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                    Fans seem to work, the only issue I see is that a lamp icon is displayed instead of a fan icon. Was that the issue with Vera as well?

Cheers
                    Al
                    Icons can be changed in the dashboard view. See above

Hold down the device in dashboard and there is already a FAN icon option available, but you can also use your own custom icon if you find one or make one.

Comment

I don't think the fans showed up originally because of their device type in the vera. For the vera, ImperiHome wrote native support for their communication instead of using the iss api. They did support ceiling fans but not the ones from the vera isy plugin.

I would also like them to work as ceiling fans though because its easier to hit high, med, low or off instead of dealing with a slider.
                      I think you need to be more specific on what type of fan switch your using.

I use both on/off switches for my fans and GE's new fan switch (which is a dimmer and shows up as a dimmer, but is made for fans with only 4 positions)

So with the GE fan switch it is a slider (dimmer) but it auto selects high med low depending on the % you slide to.

I'm assuming your not using a z-wave fan switch tho?

Comment

Not sure you can do this, but on the vera, ImperiHome wrote a vera plugin that let you send tts (not really needed) where the android device did the tts, and more importantly you could turn on the screen of the tablet and turn to a specific page from the vera.

The latter part would be awesome. For instance, some one turns on the bathroom light and the tablet turns on and returns to the default page.
                        Yes this would be awesome and this is already possible via http commands.

Imperihome (pro version only) runs a REST API server on the device you have it installed on (after you turn it on in the settings of imperihome) Once you turn it on you can access the options for that device buy going to
                        http://TABLET_IP:8080/api/rest/help/

You can use the following http command anytime after you turn on the server above. Create an action with the following command using your own page number to flip to that page.
                        http://www.evertygo.com/blog/2014/01...p-with-2-0-10/

http://Tablet_IP:8080/api/rest/dashb...opage?pageIdx=PAGENUMBER
                        You homepage starts a zero and counts up depending on how many pages you have made. This ofcourse only works on the local network not remote for some obvious reasons.

More info about the API here and yes this would be nice if it was implemented!

I personally use this to flip to live camera views when motion is detected. Say the tablet is wall mounted inside next to the front door. Any motion on porch it changes pages to the front porch camera. Imperihome has settings on how long before flipping back to the home page. So you can have it time out then default back to the master page. Motion on side of house, flips to camera on side of house and starts again.

This is all in Dashboard view not in List View!

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                          Your problem is with imperihome not Spud. And to fix your problem you need to stop using the list view in imperihome and use dashboard view. You can do alot of nice things in dashboard view. you can even lock it. So for your wife and kids you add what you need only and then lock it that way. Dashboard you make pages and you can use shortcuts between pages to go to the next or you can swipe (if you have it turned on). You also add the device to the page so if you don't want one then don't add it. You can make a page only for scenes, you can make one per room in the house or what ever. I have over 50 pages with 3 houses( different controllers) in one imperhome app.

I created a tier setup. main page or first page has 3 locations with custom icons one for each house. If I click on house it is a short cut to a master page of just that house. In the bottom right of every page I put a back arrow to go back to the master. So I can click on say my vacation house then I have listed everyroom (you can do it by device if you like) then click that room and in it is everydevice I choose for that room. Bottom right is a back to go to the master page for that house. Bottom right of the master page of that house is a back button that takes me back to the home page with the 3 houses.

Hope this makes sense but to me LIST view sucks and I have way to many devices to make it useful.
                          Thanks, I have been using dashboard view. I also identified it as a feature request, not a problem. However, since the ios client does not support exporting and importing, I'm not about to manually build that many pages for 4 different clients, hence the reason for my request... It will also reduce loading and refresh times and will significantly reduce the items I need to scroll through to pick items for the widgets in the dashboard. The android iapp groups them much better than the ios app. Only very few of my 600+ events need to be available for use within imperihome. I also know I can hide them in imperihome, but again don't want to have to repeat that across 4 devices.

Cheers
                          Al
                          Last edited by sparkman; February 14, 2016, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Yes this would be awesome and this is already possible via http commands.

Imperihome (pro version only) runs a REST API server on the device you have it installed on (after you turn it on in the settings of imperihome) Once you turn it on you can access the options for that device buy going to
                            http://TABLET_IP:8080/api/rest/help/
                            I believe this option is only available in the Android app.

Cheers
                            Al

Comment

Icons can be changed in the dashboard view. See above

Hold down the device in dashboard and there is already a FAN icon option available, but you can also use your own custom icon if you find one or make one.
                              Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X