Event to generate graph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event to generate graph

Playing around with a trial of the plugin ad debating buying it. Idliketoboth integrate with hstouch and use a generated graph in a daily email. When you run the event to generate a graph where does it go or where is it saved?

Also how does that get embedded into an Email?

Originally posted by kideon View Post
    Playing around with a trial of the plugin ad debating buying it. Idliketoboth integrate with hstouch and use a generated graph in a daily email. When you run the event to generate a graph where does it go or where is it saved?

Also how does that get embedded into an Email?
    Wow - totally missed this post! I was going through the forum making sure I'd covered everything before I started working on some updates, and saw this one. Sorry!!

In case you are still curious (or if anyone else is), the generated graph goes into the "HomeSeer HS3\html\skWare\DeviceHistory\images\chart" directory.

Comment

But how do you generate the graph automatically and so it keeps updating?

Would love to link to the image with HSTouch and see it updated realtime?

Can this be done?

Comment

Originally posted by barto View Post
        But how do you generate the graph automatically and so it keeps updating?

Would love to link to the image with HSTouch and see it updated realtime?

Can this be done?
        I used a recurring trigger on an event to generate the graphs. The graph image is overwritten each time the event runs. Then point a webpage or HSTouch screen to the image name.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Can I embed it in an email

If so, how?

Comment

Never Mind

Figured it out.

Comment

Originally posted by deakins View Post
              Figured it out.
              Care to share?

Comment

Originally posted by syzygy View Post
                Care to share?
                The hs.SendEmail method has an attachment parameter, so you should be able to use one of the scripting methods outlined in the documentation to generate the graph and attach it.

Comment

Originally posted by syzygy View Post
                  Care to share?
                  It is also easy to do with an event. The send email action allows you to send an attachment with the email. Just point to the graph image you want to send as an attachment. As the charts you generate are updated, the name stays the same, so your email will have the most current chart.

I had an event that generated the chart with one action, wait 30 seconds within a second action to give time to generate the chart, then send the email as the third and final action.
                  HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
                  X