Update 2.0.47 failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update 2.0.47 failed

I tried updating BLBackup to version 2.0.47.0 from 2.0.46.0 and it keeps saying it failed. Any fix? Anyone have it do this also?

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
    I tried updating BLBackup to version 2.0.47.0 from 2.0.46.0 and it keeps saying it failed. Any fix? Anyone have it do this also?
    For many months, I have had to disable many plug-ins before updating them. Occasionally I have had to disable the plug-in, restart HomeSeer, update the plug-in then enable it. Try disabling the plug-in and update it. If that doesn't work restart HomeSeer with it disabled and try again.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

That was it, thanks Randy.

Comment

Same issue

Greetings,

Had the same issue and as Randy noted, seems like you often need to disable the plug-ins before they will update. In this case, that didn't solve the issue and I had to shut down HS3, then forcefully delete the HSPI_BLBackup.exe from the HS3 folder. On HS3 restart, that threw an 'update folder' missing error, but then allowed me to do a clean install of the latest version via the plug-in manager. Since I didn't delete the Backup config file, it looks like things are back to normal.

Cheers, Matt

Comment

You don't ever have to restart HS3 with these installation issues.
          The issue almost always is that the plugin is still running in Windows, even though you disabled it in HS3.

Next time just stop the plugin, and if it fails, open Windows TaskManager, and stop the plugin manually. Their names usually start with HSPI_*****

Comment

Originally posted by MrMxyzptlk View Post
            You don't ever have to restart HS3 with these installation issues.
            The issue almost always is that the plugin is still running in Windows, even though you disabled it in HS3.

Next time just stop the plugin, and if it fails, open Windows TaskManager, and stop the plugin manually. Their names usually start with HSPI_*****

That's not always the case. For months now every time I have to update a BL plugin when I disable it I can't update and the process is not active. I have to restart HS after disabling.
            Originally posted by rprade
            There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Working...
            X