Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement HS3 Compatible System

Hi all,

I've had a Texecom Veritas R8 panel for years which came installed in my house. It's been unreliable for ages and reliably interfacing it with my HS3 system is more or less impossible using PLC-BUS scene modules. It doesn't have any comms outputs.

The system has a remote external (hardwired) SAB sounder, a couple of door contacts and 3 PIR sensors - so not big at all.

I've decided I want to replace the system with something that can interface HS3 using a plugin. I want to be able to trigger events from sensors being tripped. Also the other important factor is that it is impossible to hard wire a connection between where the panel is and the HS3 PC, so I need a panel that has WIFI capability to sit on the network and be able to communicate with HS.

Ideally I could do with a system that is available in the UK to avoid import tax and voltage differences. The sensors are all ok, however the SAB could use replacing. I'm happy to consider wireless systems too - which would give me the option of expanding the system.

If anyone has any recommendations I would be EXTREMELY grateful.

Best wishes,

Jay

Does anyone have any suggestions for a system

Originally posted by jayceekeys View Post
    If anyone has any recommendations...
    Take this only as a recommendation, but I am looking at doing the same thing (except I don't currently have a panel).

Most folks here have suggested the ELK M1 and that is what I have been tentatively considering...

Stay tuned, you'll get a lot of good information from the "been there, done that" crowd!
    HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
    Home Assistant 2024.3
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
    Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
    Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
    WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
    AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Originally posted by ewkearns View Post
      Take this only as a recommendation, but I am looking at doing the same thing (except I don't currently have a panel).

Most folks here have suggested the ELK M1 and that is what I have been tentatively considering...

Stay tuned, you'll get a lot of good information from the "been there, done that" crowd!

Comment

@Jay,

PM concordseer about the panel he is using today.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I just got my Concord 4 set up and working. I have the unlocking of the door by latch (Kwikset) disarming the system. Well, the time between the latch disarming and me opening the door is too soon, and it sets off the alarm. I'm trying to figure out how to increase the delay or whatever I need to do to prevent this. A week later and I haven't figured out what keypad button combination is needed to program the Concord. So now, I'm thinking why fiddle with keypads? Rip the C4 out, throw in some Z-Wave relays for the wired Alarm Points, and program it the way you want with GUI interface (HS).

Comment

Originally posted by tome10 View Post
            I just got my Concord 4 set up and working. I have the unlocking of the door by latch (Kwikset) disarming the system. Well, the time between the latch disarming and me opening the door is too soon, and it sets off the alarm. I'm trying to figure out how to increase the delay or whatever I need to do to prevent this. A week later and I haven't figured out what keypad button combination is needed to program the Concord. So now, I'm thinking why fiddle with keypads? Rip the C4 out, throw in some Z-Wave relays for the wired Alarm Points, and program it the way you want with GUI interface (HS).
            Assuming you have added your entry/exit zones to Group 13 which allows you to edit entry/exit times where are you getting stuck on editing these settings.

Type the following (I'm suuuming you have the Installer Code)

8 installer code 0 0

The keypad should now be displaying System Programming.
            Press the # key. The keypad should now be displaying Security.
            Using the A or B key cycle through this menu until you get to the Timers option. Press the # key. The keypad display should now display Global.
            Press the B key once until the key pad shows Partition 1.
            Press the # key. The keypad display now shows Entry Delay.
            Press the # key. Type any number between 30 and 120 and press the # key. Exit the Programming Menu and now you have adjusted your Entry time. You can do exactly the same for your exit.

Let us know if you have any further difficulties. No need to rip anything out. The Concord 4 will do anything you want and more.

Comment

Originally posted by jayceekeys View Post
              Hi all,

I've had a Texecom Veritas R8 panel for years which came installed in my house. It's been unreliable for ages and reliably interfacing it with my HS3 system is more or less impossible using PLC-BUS scene modules. It doesn't have any comms outputs.

The system has a remote external (hardwired) SAB sounder, a couple of door contacts and 3 PIR sensors - so not big at all.

I've decided I want to replace the system with something that can interface HS3 using a plugin. I want to be able to trigger events from sensors being tripped. Also the other important factor is that it is impossible to hard wire a connection between where the panel is and the HS3 PC, so I need a panel that has WIFI capability to sit on the network and be able to communicate with HS.

Ideally I could do with a system that is available in the UK to avoid import tax and voltage differences. The sensors are all ok, however the SAB could use replacing. I'm happy to consider wireless systems too - which would give me the option of expanding the system.

If anyone has any recommendations I would be EXTREMELY grateful.

Best wishes,

Jay

Does anyone have any suggestions for a system
              • Texecom premier range (PI available)
              • Satel Integra (KNX interface)

---
              John

Comment

so I need a panel that has WIFI capability to sit on the network and be able to communicate with HS.

While really do not recommend wireless for console access here I did install a microrouter in my alarm panel media can (which is small). It is around 1.5" X 2.0 " and is powered by the alarm panel / battery. I have disabled the WiFi on it and you would need to mount an external antenna on it. It does work with the alarm can door open.

The hodgepodge mix also includes an old Ericcson W.25 used for backup voice / network ISP to primary connections / copper voice lines connected to main firewall (PFSense). (a backup of the backup of the backup).

The microrouter runs current release of OpenWRT. You can also add a 3G USB stick to it such that you have internal network and external 3G connection to it. (via lan to wan to internet or via 3G to internet). Mods have been to add a tiny RTC and one 1-wire temperature sensor inside of the microrouter.

BusyBox v1.23.2 (2015-07-25 03:03:02 CEST) built-in shell (ash)

_______ ________ __
                | |.-----.-----.-----.| | | |.----.| |_
                | - || _ | -__| || | | || _|| _|
                |_______|| __|_____|__|__||________||__| |____|
                |__| W I R E L E S S F R E E D O M
                -----------------------------------------------------
                CHAOS CALMER (15.05, r46767)
                * 1 1/2 oz Gin Shake with a glassful
                * 1/4 oz Triple Sec of broken ice and pour
                * 3/4 oz Lime Juice unstrained into a goblet.
                * 1 1/2 oz Orange Juice
                * 1 tsp. Grenadine Syrup
                root@ICS-HAI:~#

The microrouters are all very inexpensive and work well.

Here is a drawing of my connectivity with first generation tinkering microrouter.

[ATTACH]65247[/ATTACH]
                Last edited by Pete; December 17, 2017, 01:17 PM.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

The DSC security systems are some of the most reliable and most affordable and there are two HS3 plugins available.
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X