www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > HiTec Homes Plug-Ins > VWS

VWS Discussion area for the VWS (Virtual Weather Station) plug-in by Hi-Tec Home

Old January 13th, 2018, 05:24 PM
Seer

VWS info Data is older than 15 minutes

There are fewer weather stations that work with the Virtual Weather Station software and print out a vws file that works with your program so I wrote a little perl program that takes my Acurite weather station data and outputs it into a VWS file in the same order as my old Oregon Scientific WMR200 did. The weather data come across fine and Homeseer picks up all the information correctly.

My issue is that your software prints the following in the homeseer log every second:

Jan-13 1:10:28 PM VWS Info Data is older than 15 minutes, Check VWS

Is there a software switch (or script switch) in your program to stop this error message from being written to the log?

Or could you tell me how it is determining if the data is older than 15 minutes so I can have my perl program write the file more often with the update time information?

Thanks
Old January 15th, 2018, 12:01 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamwyoung View Post
There are fewer weather stations that work with the Virtual Weather Station software and print out a vws file that works with your program so I wrote a little perl program that takes my Acurite weather station data and outputs it into a VWS file in the same order as my old Oregon Scientific WMR200 did. The weather data come across fine and Homeseer picks up all the information correctly.

My issue is that your software prints the following in the homeseer log every second:

Jan-13 1:10:28 PM VWS Info Data is older than 15 minutes, Check VWS

Is there a software switch (or script switch) in your program to stop this error message from being written to the log?

Or could you tell me how it is determining if the data is older than 15 minutes so I can have my perl program write the file more often with the update time information?

Thanks
I will look at my code, it's been awhile since I've worked on it. Should be easy to determine though. I am out of town at the moment, but have my laptop with me.

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

WHS 2011 Server - SageTV, HS 2.2.29 with 9TB Shared Hard Disk.

Plugins:
Ocelot, MitsubishiTV, DenonAVR, DirecTV, DVDMovies, HAI-Thermostat, HAI, Hauppauge, lrpSpeak, MediaPlayer, Rain8Net, Sprinklers, UIRT, VWS.

Hardware:
Intel 3.0Ghz CPU with 12Gb. Ram and 2Tb SATA HD. Davis Inst. VantagePro II, AB8SS, Rain8Net, RC80 Thermostat, OmniProII, Ocelot, X10, UPB, HD-200 Extenders.
Old January 15th, 2018, 02:51 PM
Seer Master

The first few coma delimited entries in the CSV file are as follows:

Code:
  ' The following represents the data order
            ' in the realtime CSV delimited file
            CSVVersion = CSng(Fields(0))
            DataYear = CShort(Fields(1))
            DataMonth = CShort(Fields(2))
            DataDay = CShort(Fields(3))
            DataHour = CShort(Fields(4))
            DataMinute = CShort(Fields(5))
            DataSecond = CShort(Fields(6))
and my code checks for this freshness of data.

Code:
Try
            ' Determine the freshness of the data
            WxDate = New DateTime(DataYear, DataMonth, DataDay, DataHour, DataMinute, DataSecond)

If WxDate < DateAdd("n", -15, Now()) Then  ' If the data is over 15 minutes old

' A value of 2 means that our data is old
                clsHelper.UpdateHSDevice(gZoneNames(0), "Wx Date: **CSV Data OLD** " & WxDate.ToString(), 2, False)

If Not gDevelop Then
                    clsHelper.OutputHSLog("Data is older than 15 minutes, Check VWS", NORMAL_LOGGING, "Info", COLOR_BLACK)
                End If

Else
                ' A value of 1 means that we have reasonably current data
                clsHelper.UpdateHSDevice(gZoneNames(0), "Wx Date: " & WxDate.ToString(), 1, False)
            End If

Catch ex As Exception
            clsHelper.OutputHSLog("Exception Error in ProcessCSVData()---DataAge: " & ex.Message, MANDATORY_LOGGING, "Error", COLOR_RED)
        End Try
Hope this helps you.