PLC-BUS and ML2HS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLC-BUS and ML2HS

Hi, Can i control PLC-BUS from Mainlobby to Homeseer with BLML2HS, and will it send status updates back to Mainlobby if a light is on or off.

Also im a little confused with BLML2HS (3P) and MainLobby (3P) are they the same.

Thanks,

BLML2HS is written by me and the other one is written by Krumpy.

If the PLC-BUS has a plugin driving it on the HS side and it has exposed scripting calls or event actions you should be able to do it.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Yes it does, so what would i put in Mainlobby if this is what i would do if i wanted to send an X10 command.

MLServeCmd.ML2HS|HS-ExecX10ByName~Livingroom Light ~On

The PLC-BUS is listed in your BLML2HS - Assign HomeSeer Devices as
      test and A1 (yes it uses the same as X10)

Comment

Yes that should work if the the exec10 command works for it in HS
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

Can you write out exactly what i would put in Mainlobby as an exapal if it was called test or A1 as i cannot get it to work. Also remember that PLC-BUS is not X10, there not compatible but do use the same naming of appliances like A1, B1 and so on

MLServeCmd.ML2HS|----------------

Comment

This should work from MainLobby

If the device code you want to control is A1

Code:
            MLServeCmd.ML2HS|HS-ExecX10~A1~On
            If you are using the device name "Office Lamp"

Code:
            MLServeCmd.ML2HS|HS-ExecX10ByName~Office Lamp~On
            Good to see you going the MainLobby route. Once you understand it, it is VERY powerful. I have my touchscreens running ML and using HS perfectly.
            If you have a movie or music collection then MLMusicLobby and MLDVDLobby are awesome.
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

Comment

When the device changes in HomeSeer, the plugin will update the variable on the ML side so that it stays in sync.

Check out the ml2hs_ variables in MLServer.

I think you will understand when you see the variables. The variables have the device code in the variable name. See the help in the BLML2HS HomeSeer plugin.
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

Originally posted by colhemm View Post
                  Yes i love Manlobby, i've been using it for about 5 years and would never use anything else now, but i've only just start using it with Homseer, its tricky but with your help im getting there.
                  If you love ML now wait until MLServer 4 is released. I was talking to Dave at Cinemar and he says it is 3-4 times faster than ML3. Plus I will be updating the MLServer plugin to work with MLServer 4 as an applet. MLServer 4 also has a command builder which allows you to easily build a command in ML for any plugin. Very nice indeed
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

So would this work, MLServeCmd.ML2HS|HS-SetDeviceValueByName~Office Lamp

Comment

You are missing the value.

This would turn it ON:

Code:
                      MLServeCmd.ML2HS|HS-SetDeviceValueByName~Office Lamp~2
                      This would turn it OFF:

Code:
                      MLServeCmd.ML2HS|HS-SetDeviceValueByName~Office Lamp~3
                      Cheers,
                      Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                        Good to see you going the MainLobby route. Once you understand it, it is VERY powerful. I have my touchscreens running ML and using HS perfectly.
                        If you have a movie or music collection then MLMusicLobby and MLDVDLobby are awesome.
                        I may be forced into doing the same thing. I originally was very high on HST, as you know, but things seem to have stalled along the HS front. I'll give them a few more months but beyond that I'm going to have to make a decision about making some kind of switch and ML seems to be the best bet as far as I can tell.
                        Marty
                        ------
                        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
                        Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
                          I may be forced into doing the same thing. I originally was very high on HST, as you know, but things seem to have stalled along the HS front. I'll give them a few more months but beyond that I'm going to have to make a decision about making some kind of switch and ML seems to be the best bet as far as I can tell.
                          You cannot go wrong. There is a learning curve but it is a great product and MLServer 4 is going to be awesome. It is all done in .net 4.0. I have already converted the ML2HS plugin to .net 4.0 on the MLServer side.

I could not live without MainLobby now.
                          Cheers,
                          Bob

Comment

Hi Blade, I've now finely got all my PLCBUS (just like X10) going, Lights on and of and curtains opening and closing. Thanks to your great pug-in and Mainlobby, but i just cannot work out how to create a scene in mainlobby that will say ON or OFF or a light go brighter or dark if there's a change of status in homeseer. What exactly do i put in mainlobby so that i can do this.

Im really sorry if this sounds a simple thing to do, put im just not that good, and i just cant work it out

Thanks Colin

Comment

Look in the help for the BLML2HS Homeseer plugin and you will see the commands that you enter into ML.
                              Look at the HS-ExecX10 commands
                              Cheers,
                              Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X