www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > HiTec Homes Plug-Ins > VWS

VWS Discussion area for the VWS (Virtual Weather Station) plug-in by Hi-Tec Home

Old January 1st, 2013, 02:11 PM
Seer Deluxe

New "errors" in log in HS Pro .75

Later version .73 and .75 of HS Pro are reporting the following errors.

12/27/2012 12:00:47 AM ~!~Error~!~In SetDevString, hc=1 dc= str=0 %/hr :Index was outside the bounds of the array.
12/27/2012 12:00:47 AM ~!~Error~!~In SetDevString, hc=2 dc= str=0° F/hr :Index was outside the bounds of the array.
12/27/2012 12:00:47 AM ~!~Error~!~In SetDevString, hc=3 dc= str=0 %/hr :Index was outside the bounds of the array.
12/27/2012 12:00:47 AM ~!~Error~!~In SetDevString, hc=4 dc= str=0° F/hr :Index was outside the bounds of the array.
12/27/2012 12:00:47 AM ~!~Error~!~In SetDevString, hc=5 dc= str=0 %/hr :Index was outside the bounds of the array.
12/27/2012 12:00:47 AM ~!~Error~!~In SetDevString, hc=6 dc= str=0 /hr :Index was outside the bounds of the array.
12/27/2012 12:00:47 AM ~!~Error~!~In SetDevString, hc=7 dc= str=0 /hr :Index was outside the bounds of the array.

The plug-in is working...and the errors are informational, but they do dirty up the logs a bit as the appear everytime data is refreshed.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 01:32 PM
Seer Master

I saw the same faults. I was not using these house Codes so I deleted them and all is well now.
Jim
Old January 3rd, 2013, 12:50 AM
Seer Deluxe

Where did you disable the House Codes? Is it in HS somewhere or in the VWS plugin? Thansks,

- Jim -
Old January 3rd, 2013, 02:49 AM
Seer Master

In the VWS plug-in page in Homeseer. Delete these items and all will be good.
Jim
Old January 3rd, 2013, 11:19 AM
Seer Master

I am still puzzled why a long time stable plug-in suddenly changes with the new betas of HS. Maybe someone can enlighten me why this SetDeviceString thing suddenly is complaining?

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

WHS 2011 Server - SageTV, HS 2.2.29 with 9TB Shared Hard Disk.

Plugins:
Ocelot, MitsubishiTV, DenonAVR, DirecTV, DVDMovies, HAI-Thermostat, HAI, Hauppauge, lrpSpeak, MediaPlayer, Rain8Net, Sprinklers, UIRT, VWS.

Hardware:
Intel 3.0Ghz CPU with 12Gb. Ram and 2Tb SATA HD. Davis Inst. VantagePro II, AB8SS, Rain8Net, RC80 Thermostat, OmniProII, Ocelot, X10, UPB, HD-200 Extenders.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 12:05 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpitman View Post
I am still puzzled why a long time stable plug-in suddenly changes with the new betas of HS. Maybe someone can enlighten me why this SetDeviceString thing suddenly is complaining?
Rich just put in some new debug statements in the latest versions of HomeSeer to help spot the causes of some of the memory leaks and other issues with HomeSeer.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 03:03 PM
Seer Deluxe

I must be getting old. I see no mention of house codes in the VWS Plug-In config page (v2.2.0.32).

On another note...how do you like your Davis weather system? I'm thinking about upgrading to a wireless Vantage Pro2. My cheapo Oregon rain collector just lost it's willl to live.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 03:29 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfryhling View Post
I must be getting old. I see no mention of house codes in the VWS Plug-In config page (v2.2.0.32).

On another note...how do you like your Davis weather system? I'm thinking about upgrading to a wireless Vantage Pro2. My cheapo Oregon rain collector just lost it's willl to live.
I'll chime in on my Davis. I love it but it's now nearly 6 years old. I set up my wireless Davis Vantage Pro and haven't touched it. The only issue is they have really gone up in price since I purchased.
Old January 6th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Seer Master

So whats the fix? As a plug-in developer, this is error message is very vague and I am still puzzled as to how or why this is happening.
Old January 20th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Seer Master

I am now getting these errors again. Any fix?
Jim
ka7gzr
Old January 20th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Seer Master

I tried Re-create Devices in the Config page, but no joy. Same problem.

____________________________________________________________ ________________
HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest
Old January 20th, 2013, 09:34 PM
Seer Deluxe

I am getting similar errors:
SetDeviceString, hc=\dc= str=Finished checking. There are no new weather alerts. :Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Hope we can find a fix, I am getting Prowl notifications every 15 min or so.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 10:46 PM
Seer Master

I guess no one has been able to solve this problem yet?
Old January 23rd, 2013, 11:14 PM
Have A Blessed Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernieb View Post
I am getting similar errors:
SetDeviceString, hc=\dc= str=Finished checking. There are no new weather alerts. :Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Hope we can find a fix, I am getting Prowl notifications every 15 min or so.
Update weatherXML from the updater. There was one place where I missed doing a check to make sure the device for Last Triggered Alert had been setup to be used. That caused a house code to be sent to the setDeviceString function but the device code was blank.

Version 1.0.0.22 is the new version.
My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, EasyTrigger, FBitSeer, HSTouch Server, Kinect, PHLocation, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2
Old February 23rd, 2013, 03:04 PM
Seer Master

My VWS is still posting the errors in the Log now with Homeseer v2.5.0.79. Any fix?
Jim
Old February 24th, 2013, 12:43 AM
Seer Deluxe

Same here...stilll getting errros....annoying.
Old February 24th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Seer Master

I get the impression that the HS team is focused on the new version of HomeSeer, so anything that's a nice to have in the current version is off the table for now.
Old February 24th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Seer Master

I have been trying to identify what changed in new version of HomeSeer that now complains about the 2nd HouseCode.

Any suggestions on how to generate a 2nd house-code to get around the 1-99 device limitation? This is where it appears to have a problem.

Older versions of HomeSeer worked fine with my older code, but now I cannot seem to get homeseer to except a 2nd House Code.
Old February 26th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Seer Master

Finally fixed.

Attached is a new version of VWS Plug-In that should solve the recent messages repeatedly occuring in Later versions of HS. My apologies for this problem taking so long to track down.
Attached Files
File Type: zip VWS_2.2.0.33.zip (50.4 KB, 21 views)
Old February 26th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Seer Master

Sorry I didn't wait long enough, the errors are still showing up, guess I'll keep looking.