Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing zwave device that doesn't work

Hi All

I have a issue with a zwave device that went south (won't turn on), my question is how do I remove that node since its not responding? I would like to replace it with one that is already in the network so that my node sequence stays the same any sugestion? You think it's a good idea? (the device is a HA03)
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Before doing anything kill the breaker that feeds that circuit, leave it off for two minutes, restore the breaker to the on position, wait a few minutes and then see if it starts functioning again. I have had to do that to 3 wall switches in that last couple of months.

~Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Brower View Post
      Before doing anything kill the breaker that feeds that circuit, leave it off for two minutes, restore the breaker to the on position, wait a few minutes and then see if it starts functioning again. I have had to do that to 3 wall switches in that last couple of months.
      Would it be the same if I unplug the module?
      Hector
      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Do it

~Bill

Comment

I tried what u said but it still doesn't work.
          Hector
          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Any opinions in how to address this problem? Should I replace the defective unit with one already in the network so that node num. can be consequencional ?(in order)
            Hector
            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

If you delete the HA03 module from the network - when you add the new device it should grab the same Q number

Comment

Really!! I thought it will assign the next upcoming number, that's great to know. Ok so how do delete the unit from the ztroller if the unit is dead?
                Hector
                AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

In these situations I change the bad device's node number to be 0; add the new device if it's not already in-network and change its node number to be the bad device's original number; run Tools/ZWave node WhoAmI, give it a minute to complete, scroll to bottom of page and select to remove the bad node.
                  All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

Originally posted by Olbrit View Post
                    In these situations I change the bad device's node number to be 0; add the new device if it's not already in-network and change its node number to be the bad device's original number; run Tools/ZWave node WhoAmI, give it a minute to complete, scroll to bottom of page and select to remove the bad node.
                    I changed the bad device to "0" and added the bad device number to one already existing, went to tools/who amI and I did not see the bad device in the list so that I can remove it, what did I do wrong?
                    Hector
                    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                      Really!! I thought it will assign the next upcoming number, that's great to know. Ok so how do delete the unit from the ztroller if the unit is dead?
                      Q Number not Node Number there a difference

Comment

Good point Kaldoon, I had assumed that Rotech wanted to change the Z-Wave Node Number to be the same as the old device. Once the bad device is completely gone, he can use its same Lettercode/Unitcode for the replacement device as well if he wants.

Rotech, assuming you had let the WhoAmI finish and the bad device was not listed at the bottom, then delete the old bad device from the Device List, run an Import from the Controller and see if it tries to load the old bad device again. If it doesn't, you're in good shape, the old device is history; if it does import, then run WhoAmI again and check at the bottom after it finishes for the bad device.

(For safety's sake, I always save the HS database before I make Node changes, then save it again afterwards, and finally perform a reboot, so HS has a clean load before I check that everything is the way I want it, there's nothing left to import and there are no residual bad devices).

Just remembered, there's also the Remove Failed Nodes button when you click on the bad device...
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Olbrit; February 17, 2013, 01:02 PM. Reason: Add remove method...
                        All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

Thks guys, that worked thk u all.
                          Hector
                          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Working...
                          X