Can Hometroller Zee do insteon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Hometroller Zee do insteon?

I just saw the news about the Hometroller Zee and it looks like it has a lot of potential. I have a miCasaVerde VeraLite device and its ok but I really prefer the way homeseer works.

The Zee woudl be the perfect pricepoint and seems really simple.

The trick is that although I primarily use Z-wave gear, I do have some insteon because they offer things that z-wave just doesnt (like keypadlincs and Fanlincs). So I am wondering if the HomeTroller Zee will be able to make use of both my z-wave and my Insteon gear.

If so then, sign me up!!

Not now. The initial Zee will only do Z-Wave and X10. Another Zee that can run other plugins will be coming in the future.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

oh bummer - I guess I have to stick with the veralite for now then Any word on when the insteon capable Zee will be released and what the cost will be?

Comment

Insteon & the Zee

Originally posted by bdee1 View Post
        Any word on when the insteon capable Zee will be released and what the cost will be?
        I second this question- I have mostly z wave plus a little Insteon. No Insteon support is the only thing keeping me from switching over from MiCasaVerde to the Zee. I have an HSPro license currently, but keeping an energy hog PC running 24/7 or investing in more $$ hardware has kept me from moving to HomeSeer.

Please implement Insteon on the Zee soon!

Comment

Why do you continue to support x10?

Time to kill it.....

x10 is dead...

Comment

The next Zee will support plugins but as Rich recently stated the Zee was developed for the entry level user and the HomeTroller would better suit the mainstream user.

Comment

Originally posted by thedishking View Post

Time to kill it.....

x10 is dead...
              Good question. I have 2 answers:
              1. Looks like a lot of folks continue to consider it a "mission critical" plug-in (more than Insteon, in fact) http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=159525
              2. It never changes. Once we've added support, we don't need to continue updating it. So, there's no continuing demand on resources to support it.

Comment

Here I never really stopped using X10 stuff. There are now some 4-5 devices (wintel and linux) talking X10 today.

1 - 2012 - did all of my holiday lighting stuff using X-10; one house code and number - FAST (old now and fast is better for me).
                2 - 2013 - using X-10 with a couple of Linux devices these days. One is another way to talk to the CCTV recording device. (direct, xap and now x-10).

Easy HSTouch CCTV event with X-10. CCTV alarm event triggers HSTouch event of showing either current video, recorded video or just a still. Fast and cheap.

Primary two x-10 connections utilize XTB stuff. Then there is CM11's and other TW-523's in the mix. I also have 3 W800's in the mix of stuff. (a bit much though).
                Last edited by Pete; October 7, 2013, 12:13 PM.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Time to kill it.....

x10 is dead...

I still have a houseful of X10 stuff.

Works perfectly for my 1100 sq ft bungalow.

Slowly adding a little Zwave stuff but it's expensive for some of us.
                  Neil
                  Newmarket Ontario

Comment

Time to kill it.....

x10 is dead...
                    My entire house runs on X10. I probably have over 50 devices if I added up all my light switches, wall outlets and flood lights. I'm gradually switching to Z-Wave as X10 devices die, but they have been holding their own for now.

Comment

Working...
                    X