What version of .net is available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What version of .net is available?

I am currently running HS2 and I currently use a standalone c# application to interface with HS2 instead of using scripting. I am considering moving to HS3 on the HomeTroller Zee.

To run on linux, I think I have to move my application to VB.net scripts. Perhaps I can spend the hours to learn how to run a standalone .net exe in Mono (like I currently do in Windows), but that sounds way too involved and time-consuming right now. To avoid this, I will just run the pieces of my app as vb.net scripts directly from HomeSeer.

I currently utilize methods that became available with .net 3.5 and 4.0. In order to know ahead of time if I will be able to move these methods into scripts, I need to know what version of .net is supported in with the vb.net scripts. I realize this is dependent upon the version of Mono on the device.

When the HomeTroller Zee is shipped, what version of .net is supported?

HS3 and the ZEE use .NET 4.0. .NET 4 is pretty well supported in MONO, but you can run your code as an EXE under MONO on any Linux system to test. We are using MONO version 2.8.

Originally posted by FreezePlanet View Post
    I am currently running HS2 and I currently use a standalone c# application to interface with HS2 instead of using scripting. I am considering moving to HS3 on the HomeTroller Zee.

To run on linux, I think I have to move my application to VB.net scripts. Perhaps I can spend the hours to learn how to run a standalone .net exe in Mono (like I currently do in Windows), but that sounds way too involved and time-consuming right now. To avoid this, I will just run the pieces of my app as vb.net scripts directly from HomeSeer.

I currently utilize methods that became available with .net 3.5 and 4.0. In order to know ahead of time if I will be able to move these methods into scripts, I need to know what version of .net is supported in with the vb.net scripts. I realize this is dependent upon the version of Mono on the device.

When the HomeTroller Zee is shipped, what version of .net is supported?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
    X