www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > HiTec Homes Plug-Ins > VWS

VWS Discussion area for the VWS (Virtual Weather Station) plug-in by Hi-Tec Home

Old May 20th, 2014, 10:06 AM
OverSeer

HS Logo Cannot Change Devices

Larry,

Any status on the issue of the devices being changed and losing all connection to the plug-in?

As a recap - if you change the location or name of a VWS device, the plug-in stops talking to it.

Information stored in the Plug-In Extra Data storage should be used to help the plug-in find its devices at startup so that it can keep the device reference IDs for updates - this allows the plug-in to work no matter what happens to the device, other than being deleted!

I have had no updates on my devices since May 5th when I changed their location settings.
Old May 21st, 2014, 10:57 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Tinker View Post
Larry,

Any status on the issue of the devices being changed and losing all connection to the plug-in?

As a recap - if you change the location or name of a VWS device, the plug-in stops talking to it.

Information stored in the Plug-In Extra Data storage should be used to help the plug-in find its devices at startup so that it can keep the device reference IDs for updates - this allows the plug-in to work no matter what happens to the device, other than being deleted!

I have had no updates on my devices since May 5th when I changed their location settings.
No update yet, I must take the time to learn Plug-IN Extra Data concept first.

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

WHS 2011 Server - SageTV, HS 2.2.29 with 9TB Shared Hard Disk.

Plugins:
Ocelot, MitsubishiTV, DenonAVR, DirecTV, DVDMovies, HAI-Thermostat, HAI, Hauppauge, lrpSpeak, MediaPlayer, Rain8Net, Sprinklers, UIRT, VWS.

Hardware:
Intel 3.0Ghz CPU with 12Gb. Ram and 2Tb SATA HD. Davis Inst. VantagePro II, AB8SS, Rain8Net, RC80 Thermostat, OmniProII, Ocelot, X10, UPB, HD-200 Extenders.