Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a great plugin! Wanted something like this for years. Thanks!

Currently i'm in testing mode.

What i would like is a time / counter value when you are hovering with the mouse over the graph.

Comment

Originally posted by shill
      Thanks! Can you elaborate on what you mean by "charting counters"?
      I'm thinking it would be adding counters and timers in addition to devices that can be monitored in the database.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by vanisher View Post

What i would like is a time / counter value when you are hovering with the mouse over the graph.
        +1 In fact, it would be really neat to be able to drag the mouse cursor across the chart and have it become a vertical line representing the time/date, with the values displayed at every point it intersects with elements of the graph.

Comment

See values when hovering over graph

I often find myself hovering over the graph expecting to see underlying values.
          Maybe a nice feature to add some time

Comment

Great tool what I was looking for!

A possibility to manually set the scaling on the Y and X axe, now it is automatically triyng to set 255 numbers on my Y axe so it looks blurred.

SH: -------------------------------------------------------------------------
            • Changed the way values were graphed for non-range devices to produce a smooth scale.
            • Changed the way the Y axis scale was created to use discrete values for major and minor tick marks and labels for devices with continuous values.

Fixed in v 1.0.6.
            Last edited by shill; February 27, 2016, 06:47 PM. Reason: Added resolution to requests

Comment

Originally posted by vanisher View Post

Any progress on this request?
              RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
                Any progress on this request?
                Haven't tackled it yet - trying to get my Honeywell Thermostat plugin published this month, then I can show this one a little love.

FYI, the issue with this request is that the chart is a generated jpg file, not an interactive object. However, the chart object can be used interactively, so I'm going to investigate that option...

Comment

Is it possible to get the highest/lowest values from a period of time(last 24h, or last 7 days) for a device out of the chart, and show in HSTouch? Or put into a virtual device.

SH: Added in 1.2.0
                  Last edited by shill; August 13, 2017, 02:33 PM.

Comment

When you update can you add "hours" to the event action of creating a chart? It is available from the charting page on the plug-in but not in events.

• Added "Hours" option to Create Chart event action parameters

Fixed in v 1.0.6.
                    Last edited by shill; February 27, 2016, 06:46 PM. Reason: Added resolution to requests

Comment

Been using this for the past 5 days and can't be happier with the purchase, very essential tool that must have been natively integrated in HS.

I know this was mentioned many times earlier but just wondering if any work was done on the plot frequency, in other words, for devices with constantly changing values, it would be perfect if the tool can plot the average of every X number of values instead of every discrete value.

My temperature graphs look just perfect as opposed to my Watts usage which take forever to render a two days graph, making it impossible I guess to generate weekly or monthly graphs on the fly.

One other essential feature would be to specify a bracket for acceptable values to filter out those erroneous numbers that arise now and then.

Hope this makes any sense and thanks again for your efforts!

Added per-device min/max settings to filter out erroneous values.
                      Last edited by shill; November 2, 2019, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boustany View Post
                        Been using this for the past 5 days and can't be happier with the purchase, very essential tool that must have been natively integrated in HS.

I know this was mentioned many times earlier but just wondering if any work was done on the plot frequency, in other words, for devices with constantly changing values, it would be perfect if the tool can plot the average of every X number of values instead of every discrete value.

My temperature graphs look just perfect as opposed to my Watts usage which take forever to render a two days graph, making it impossible I guess to generate weekly or monthly graphs on the fly.

One other essential feature would be to specify a bracket for acceptable values to filter out those erroneous numbers that arise now and then.

Hope this makes any sense and thanks again for your efforts!
                        I do absolutely plan on adding min/max range values to the device config page.

I'll give some thought to how I could implement a smoothing option - perhaps a "Smooth over X%", which would drop every 1/N (where N = 100-smooth percent) values?

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
                          I do absolutely plan on adding min/max range values to the device config page.

I'll give some thought to how I could implement a smoothing option - perhaps a "Smooth over X%", which would drop every 1/N (where N = 100-smooth percent) values?
                          If I understood you correctly, you might risk dropping important values with this algorithm? What I had in mind is to plot the average value of X number of points, X being the smoothing factor that will eventually increase with the plotted period without discarding any value.

So if we are to generate a monthly report, X could be something like 50 which will plot the average of every 50 values stored in the database, so the 5000 values we have for instance will be reduced to 100 plotted points, thus a much faster graph to generate.

Hope this makes sense, but you definitely know better how to achieve something similar without risking discarding values.

With such a great plugin, you must have a lot up your sleeve!! So many room for upgrade and I appreciate the time you're putting on this

Comment

It's funny -- I am currently working on get a patent application through the patent office about improved data smoothing. The gist is that it ensures that "peaks" and "troughs" in the data (outlier maximum and minimum points) are not lost during the smoothing.

Here's the patent application.

https://www.google.com/patents/US201...8YA64Q6AEIHDAA

Comment

Originally posted by boustany View Post
                              If I understood you correctly, you might risk dropping important values with this algorithm? What I had in mind is to plot the average value of X number of points, X being the smoothing factor that will eventually increase with the plotted period without discarding any value.

So if we are to generate a monthly report, X could be something like 50 which will plot the average of every 50 values stored in the database, so the 5000 values we have for instance will be reduced to 100 plotted points, thus a much faster graph to generate.

Hope this makes sense, but you definitely know better how to achieve something similar without risking discarding values.

With such a great plugin, you must have a lot up your sleeve!! So many room for upgrade and I appreciate the time you're putting on this
                              Of course, that does make more sense I'll still have to process every record, but not having to render all the points will probably help (and 1.0.6 should have helped with this somewhat as well).

Comment

units on Y-axis

Hi Shill,

Is it possible to support the use of units on the Y-axis, such as kWh, Pa, Lux, C, F.

---
                                John

SH: Added in 1.1.0
                                Last edited by shill; August 13, 2017, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X